Page 165 of 216 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 175 215 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,950 of 6457

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    It would sell awfully (there's not enough ETS active members), how would you stop everyone just signing up once the word god out, Leviathant would die.
    I'd happily pay for an intimate gig, but fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK exclusivity things, no fan is more important than another.

And just to rain on the parade more: choosing a song will change the whole setlist, it'll change the flow and sound. And when people choose the really rare and complex ones (Memorabilia into And All That Could Have Been) it'll just sound weird. Premium to choose the encore maybe, but not the set itself
    Also the main concept of two shows in a row with markedly different setlists isn't that uncommon outside of NA.

Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    random:
    if anyone is interested in heading a 'meet-up' in New Orleans
    I would DEF use that NIN-excuse to justify a visit..
    and blasphemy, there doesn't even have to be NIN playing-gasps*

say is there still that monster music thing in October?
    (many yrs ago before voodoo festival-wasn't there a 'scary monsters' small nola underground thing circa late 90's?)

I haven't been back in nola since 2002
    now every time i read or hear nola my insides get all knotted up like it's a visit passed due

-
    also anyone know to where i may send a poster to be signed (by NIN) for my son's 16th bday present? recording studio? record label? next event addy?
    I'd suggest you start a new thread in the tour discussion section, or in the thread for the show itself.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    What did "Reflecting In The Chrome" refer to? I don't think it was a lyric.
    @ninlive ?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    @ninlive ?
    from "all the love in the world"

Smears of face reflecting in the chrome

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    @ninlive ?
    It's one of my favorite NIN songs and I just went along with all the fan sites using lyrics for the site names. It was because I couldn't get the domain 'ninlive' at the time. But thankfully, the person that owned it sent it over to me after 6 years. Super awesome!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Are there any good recordings out there of the visual section from the Fragility 1.0 shows? I vaguely recall watching a dodgy camcorder recording from Brixton a few years ago on YouTube.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Can anybody explain to me the difference between the "Definitive Edition" of a record vs the original? I was under the impression that "The Definitive Edition" of an album is simply a re-release of the albums that were sold out..correct? Every thing is the same right?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Can anybody explain to me the difference between the "Definitive Edition" of a record vs the original? I was under the impression that "The Definitive Edition" of an album is simply a re-release of the albums that were sold out..correct? Every thing is the same right?
    It's meant to mean final, ultimate version. So with something like The Fragile it should be all the track that Trent thinks belong on there, in their correct place, mastered or remastered to however it should be.

As it is ... I think he just means remasters. Maybe the final remaster. Until the BD-A re-issue a few years later.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    It's meant to mean final, ultimate version. So with something like The Fragile it should be all the track that Trent thinks belong on there, in their correct place, mastered or remastered to however it should be.

As it is ... I think he just means remasters. Maybe the final remaster. Until the BD-A re-issue a few years later.

Gotcha, thank you! I figured it was pretty close to the original. I was hoping it was as close to the original as theres a few of the original pressings I don't own..

wow I really said "original" a lot in this post.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Gotcha, thank you! I figured it was pretty close to the original. I was hoping it was as close to the original as theres a few of the original pressings I don't own..

wow I really said "original" a lot in this post.
    Original doesn't mean best
    See: TDS vinyl, the back to black reissue is far better.

With a repress, the original will generally be best unless there's pressing issues, but with a remaster or reissue on a new cut, the newer version can be the same, worse or better. It'll be interesting for example to see how Quake matches up to the CD-Audio we have

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Original doesn't mean best
    See: TDS vinyl, the back to black reissue is far better.

With a repress, the original will generally be best unless there's pressing issues, but with a remaster or reissue on a new cut, the newer version can be the same, worse or better. It'll be interesting for example to see how Quake matches up to the CD-Audio we have
    "Best" in terms of what exactly? sound quality?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    "Best" in terms of what exactly? sound quality?
    Sound quality, fidelity, weight is important to some extent (180g isn't essential but there are some pretty ew 90s records). Even little things like quality control, or making sure it's cut deep enough to prevent skipping

Normally all we care about is the sound, but a thin record with a shallow cut is going to have more problems than just that after a few plays

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Sound quality, fidelity, weight is important to some extent (180g isn't essential but there are some pretty ew 90s records). Even little things like quality control, or making sure it's cut deep enough to prevent skipping

Normally all we care about is the sound, but a thin record with a shallow cut is going to have more problems than just that after a few plays
    Gotcha, I appreciate it! I'm new to the record collecting community, I simply bought them to collect them..but now I finally have a record player and can enjoy them!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    It'll be interesting for example to see how Quake matches up to the CD-Audio we have
    Especially if they actually attempt to squeeze an hourlong album onto a single LP like the NIN store photo suggests. #30minutesides #doyouevenlp

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Are there any good recordings out there of the visual section from the Fragility 1.0 shows? I vaguely recall watching a dodgy camcorder recording from Brixton a few years ago on YouTube.
    Yeah a whole bunch of them showed up on YouTube a while back but the dude's account was suspended and I didn't get a chance to save them all

He had reasonably complete camcorder sources for Vienna, Paris, Yokohama, both Tokyo shows, and Indianapolis from the 2.0 leg, among others.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Yeah a whole bunch of them showed up on YouTube a while back but the dude's account was suspended and I didn't get a chance to save them all

He had reasonably complete camcorder sources for Vienna, Paris, Yokohama, both Tokyo shows, and Indianapolis from the 2.0 leg, among others.
    I checked, and all his uploads were generally available in trading circles. So they'll all be on the NINLive Video Drive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone know if the pre show music on the live:with teeth tour fall north america was the same from show to show ( like the music that played in between QOTSA and NIN ) . if so, any clues to what it was ?

Also, there was one song in particular i was never able to identify that has driven me crazy over the years from time to time. It had a heavy distorted beat and i remember some of the lyrics being something like "come on give me those sexy eyes!....(something, something)... to taste you with" . I know , bit of an obscure shot in the dark , but figured it may ring a bell with someone around here, thanks!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mewsick View Post
    Anyone know if the pre show music on the live:with teeth tour fall north america was the same from show to show ( like the music that played in between QOTSA and NIN ) . if so, any clues to what it was ?
    I seem to recall seeing a full list of everything played between sets for the With Teeth tour. Regrettably, do not recall where this was

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mewsick View Post

Also, there was one song in particular i was never able to identify that has driven me crazy over the years from time to time. It had a heavy distorted beat and i remember some of the lyrics being something like "come on give me those sexy eyes!....(something, something)... to taste you with" . I know , bit of an obscure shot in the dark , but figured it may ring a bell with someone around here, thanks!
    I believe the song you seek is "Fresh New Eyes" by Brainiac.

Also, this may be the list you're looking for:
    http://www.nin.wiki/File:2005_05_05Questions13.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Holy shit, you solved a 12 year old cold case, you rock, thanks !!! thats the song

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Whats the story with Trent and the Butch Vig remix of Last? Did Trent ever speak on why it was shelved for so long?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Whats the story with Trent and the Butch Vig remix of Last? Did Trent ever speak on why it was shelved for so long?
    He thought it sucked basically.....I remember an interview where he said it sounded too much like a rock song

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    From nin.wiki:
    The official release had one contribution by Butch Vig, which was the end portion of "Throw This Away". Vig had originally remixed the song "Last", but it was cut from the final version of the EP. Trent said that Vig basically did what he always does with any song: he made it rock. However, Vig has stated in interviews that his remix of "Last" was not included simply because "Trent didn't like it."

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I remember hearing a rumor that TR thought BV's remix (or other songs he was working on) sounded like "garbage" & later they decided to use that moniker for their band (i haven't read their new book to see if there's any substantiation).

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Yeah, I've always wondered if that was true. It's been speculated that this is the reason TR is thanked in the first Garbage album.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Remember those "journal entries" from the making of The Fragile from nin.com? I've found them on NINWiki, but I can't seem to find the journal entries from With Teeth. Anyone know where those are archived?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Remember those "journal entries" from the making of The Fragile from nin.com? I've found them on NINWiki, but I can't seem to find the journal entries from With Teeth. Anyone know where those are archived?
    http://www.nin.wiki/Nin.com/access

Edit: my mistake. I think I remember what you are talking about now, and that it was a separate thing.
    Last edited by blassster; 08-06-2017 at 10:11 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Does anyone know where i could find an audio rip of Reptile from AATCHB? That's without a doubt the definitive version of that track to me, and I don't have the MP3 for it on my new computer.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    These are the questions, I'm looking for the studio logs. They detailed the recording process of With Teeth.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    What's the address for the UK store, I know it's something like eu-nin.com but doesn't come up on Google with multiple variances of that that I've tried...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    store-uk.nin.com