Page 147 of 216 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 197 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,410 of 6457

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Has anyone tried the Mystery Grab Bag on NIN.com?
    I did the shirt grab bag a couple years ago and was pleased. Miraculously only ended up with one duplicate from what I already owned. They threw in a metal nin logo keychain as well.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    David Carson photographed the flowers in Texas and there is a specific variety of indian paintbrush that grows there called Castilleja indivisa. This looks to be a match based on the Google image results I've looked at. I've decided to finally email David and see if he can give us any more info. Will let you all know if I ever hear anything back.
    Thanks for taking the initiative to e-mail him about it. I have plans for the information if/when you do hear back from him.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Castilleja indivisa

Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    David Carson photographed the flowers in Texas and there is a specific variety of indian paintbrush that grows there called Castilleja indivisa.
    From wikipedia:
    "The roots grow until they reach the roots of other plants, mainly grasses, and then penetrate the roots of the "host" plant to obtain a portion of their needed nutrients."

Fierce little bastards! 😮

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    In which thread are we discussing Rob Sheridan's recent hatred of trendy technology (Pokemon Go)?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    In which thread are we discussing Rob Sheridan's recent hatred of trendy technology (Pokemon Go)?
    We're not. We're all spending our time outside enjoying nature like normal human beings. No time to make snarky elitist comments on the internet.

(...oh wait, nm.)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    PEOPLE liking THINGS how DARE they.

Didn't he make pokemon go for NIN fans with the Access app anyway

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post

That was high art. Pokemon Go is a digital drug used to anaesthetize the common sheeple.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post

That's exactly the same point I made on Twitter. A friend replied @ me and Rob saying "there's no real correlation between the two, and Rob was just making criticism of free-to-play games"

NOPE.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    In which thread do we discuss Rob Sheridan? Ah, the good ol days when he was a photographer and videographer and art director and web designer...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    In which thread do we discuss Rob Sheridan? Ah, the good ol days when he was a photographer and videographer and art director and web designer...
    Is he not anymore?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    Is he not anymore?
    I can't even think of the last time I saw anything he's put out as NIN's art director. I don't count taking photos of Russell Mills' work.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    After reading Ryan in the Pokemon Go thread I think there's something disturbing about it too, so sue me. Pokemon Go just taps into an OCD obsessive nature to collect everything ruthlessly exploited by a company.
    Last edited by WorzelG; 09-06-2016 at 12:50 AM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I really miss him doing doodles and paintings on his sketchblog, they were unique and amazing. I wish Rob continued posting on his website with new stuff.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    After reading Ryan in the Pokemon Go thread I think there's something disturbing about it too, so sue me. Pokemon Go just taps into an OCD obsessive nature to collect everything ruthlessly exploited by a company.
    Hey at least that's free. Go check the marketplace forums or www.depmod.com

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Hey at least that's free. Go check the marketplace forums or www.depmod.com
    Is Pokemon Go free? I assumed it was one of those apps always begging for money to get to a next level or something

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Signs of old age : I know nothing about it, want nothing to do with it, but I'll hate it anyway!

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Is Pokemon Go free? I assumed it was one of those apps always begging for money to get to a next level or something
    It's free. You only pay if you want additional crap.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Signs of old age : I know nothing about it, want nothing to do with it, but I'll hate it anyway!
    Pokemon Go hunters can 'get off my lawn'. You'll reach 43 someday

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Pokemon Go hunters can 'get off my lawn'. You'll reach 43 someday
    I'm 40 and I don't give a fuck one way or an other. They could dance around wearing tutus to attract Mons and that still wouldn't be any of my business.

Seriously, you don't know what the app consists of, you don't know its price, you don't know how IAPs work, but still you're judging the users as dysfunctional OCD sheeple... Hard to take you seriously. Nobody can see you perched on that high horse. Granted, that may be because their eyes are stuck to a phone screen, but at least they're enjoying themselves and having fun.
    It's always the same shit, something becomes popular and suddenly a counter-elite feels the need to brag about how this is below them. Nobody cares. Not even you, you can't even be arsed to know anything about it. Why bother and have an opinion at all in that case ?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I'm 40 and I don't give a fuck one way or an other. They could dance around wearing tutus to attract Mons and that still wouldn't be any of my business.

Seriously, you don't know what the app consists of, you don't know its price, you don't know how IAPs work, but still you're judging the users as dysfunctional OCD sheeple... Hard to take you seriously. Nobody can see you perched on that high horse. Granted, that may be because their eyes are stuck to a phone screen, but at least they're enjoying themselves and having fun.
    It's always the same shit, something becomes popular and suddenly a counter-elite feels the need to brag about how this is below them. Nobody cares. Not even you, you can't even be arsed to know anything about it. Why bother and have an opinion at all in that case ?
    I only said anything because people were getting way overreactive to rob sheridan's comments on twitter and I think it's a shame when people feel driven off online because of the tiring nature of online discourse and how some people get up in arms over someone's opinion, like no one is calling for it to be banned.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    I only said anything because people were getting way overreactive to rob sheridan's comments on twitter.
    Well yeah, being a condescending twat about stuff people actually enjoy will do that, you know?
    Had he not spoken like he was smarter than everyone, people wouldn't have attempted to take him down a notch...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Well yeah, being a condescending twat about stuff people actually enjoy will do that, you know?
    Had he not spoken like he was smarter than everyone, people wouldn't have attempted to take him down a notch...
    I've always had a soft spot for him as he's taken the time to reply to me about NIN stuff several times, and he does seem to be open to people.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    I've always had a soft spot for him as he's taken the time to reply to me about NIN stuff several times, and he does seem to be open to people.
    I really have nothing against the guy. But being an adult doesn't mean you won't look stupid when you scold an empty chair.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I only said anything because people were getting way overreactive to rob sheridan's comments on twitter and I think it's a shame when people feel driven off online because of the tiring nature of online discourse and how some people get up in arms over someone's opinion, like no one is calling for it to be banned.
    My issue with Rob's tweets have nothing to do with Pokemon Go. It's just a douchey elitist comment. The worst part is that he comments on the internet being a toxic place although his recent tweets are totally part of the problem. He's passing judgment on people just based on one action he sees them performing. And then he goes online to ridicule those people and a large portion of the population based on that uninformed knee-jerk reaction.

But yeah, poor Rob.

That being said, I'm not going to judge Rob on those comments either. Rob is a cool guy I'm sure. And this has nothing to do with his work/art. I'm just criticizing his comments.

But let's get this thread back on topic of NIN: Is Music Turning Your Kids Evil? (Footage of 90s NIN fans at 11.)
    Last edited by m15a; 09-06-2016 at 08:43 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Two minutes with this Meathead artifact and we can all move on.

http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/mp030708.htm

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Has this been the biggest drought on record for real NIN Spotting? I can't remember a time when TR has said essentially nothing for more than six months.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    My issue with Rob's tweets have nothing to do with Pokemon Go. It's just a douchey elitist comment. The worst part is that he comments on the internet being a toxic place although his recent tweets are totally part of the problem. But yeah, poor Rob. )
    Rob has always been a douchey elitist....he was just some fanboy that struck gold and made friends with the "master" so now he's full of himself. "master" even let him fulfill his rock star dreams by standing front and center with HTDA to "play lights".......I remember him ranting and raving that people were "stuck in 1994" when 'Everything' got trashed, rather than taking it as honest criticism for a shit song...ESPECIALLY considering "master" has made a habit of badmouthing other artists music. TR has said many times back in the day how he loves Bowies 70s output and hated his 80s output. I guess that means TR was "stuck in 1978"......Robs a dick

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    Rob has always been a douchey elitist....he was just some fanboy that struck gold and made friends with the "master" so now he's full of himself. "master" even let him fulfill his rock star dreams by standing front and center with HTDA to "play lights".......I remember him ranting and raving that people were "stuck in 1994" when 'Everything' got trashed, rather than taking it as honest criticism for a shit song...ESPECIALLY considering "master" has made a habit of badmouthing other artists music. TR has said many times back in the day how he loves Bowies 70s output and hated his 80s output. I guess that means TR was "stuck in 1978"......Robs a dick

Ive followed Rob casually through social media for a while now, and your impression of him baffles me. Leaving aside the fact that he's a very talented visual artist, I've never observed him being a dick about anything. He has opinions, and he can be sarcastic, but I've never seen him be mean spirited. And I don't think I've seen evidence that he is particularly cocky or full of himself either.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Did Trent ever record a studio version of "Now I'm Nothing"?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So did anyone else here go to this?