Page 141 of 216 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 191 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,230 of 6457

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Well, there isn't an new NIN material, and therefore the thread was locked http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...coming-in-2016
    But there will be.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm just trying to imagine spending my time backstage asking TR about a fucking tweaker album. I'd rather eat off the deli tray.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emptydesk View Post
    I'm just trying to imagine spending my time backstage asking TR about a fucking tweaker album. I'd rather eat off the deli tray.
    It was more, I assume, a conversation about Reznor's former buddy and the new sound he was about to release rather than a discussion about just another one-man band. There is a whole context to this.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emptydesk View Post
    Did TR ever resolve the feud with Chris Vrenna ?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Can somebody help me figure out what's going on with The Fragile and WT instrumentals?

They show up on my iPhone when I'm listening to NIN, and I can stream them, only I can't download them. This is annoying since that means I can't add them to playlists. Given the NIN fanbase, I'm sure someone has somehow gotten this stuff available for dl, but I am a grown-ass woman and I really don't feel like fucking around with torrents right now.

So is there just no way to just download them to my iPhone through Apple itself? I don't have a subscription to Apple Music, but from what I've read that wouldn't make a difference since that service is all about streaming, not downloading.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenLeslie View Post
    Can somebody help me figure out what's going on with The Fragile and WT instrumentals?

They show up on my iPhone when I'm listening to NIN, and I can stream them, only I can't download them. This is annoying since that means I can't add them to playlists. Given the NIN fanbase, I'm sure someone has somehow gotten this stuff available for dl, but I am a grown-ass woman and I really don't feel like fucking around with torrents right now.

So is there just no way to just download them to my iPhone through Apple itself? I don't have a subscription to Apple Music, but from what I've read that wouldn't make a difference since that service is all about streaming, not downloading.
    If you have iTunes, you can download them to your iTunes library directly from connect, and then I'm assuming could transfer the music files from iTunes to your iPhone. I don't know if you're able to download directly from the music app. I only played with apple music for 3 months because of the free trial, (and after that 3 months was up, I no longer needed to know about it for my job) tbh, so I don't know off the top of my head about downloading from it if you're not subscribed currently, and transferring music files from it to your phone. If that doesn't work for you, feel free to PM me and I'll look a little deeper into it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

You download content through the Music app on your iPhone directly. If it's already in your library, there is a symbol of a phone with a down arrow that downloads it to your local storage. You can also do it per individual song with the "..." button on the right.

You can also navigate to their Connect page in your phone app and do the whole process there.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    If you have iTunes, you can download them to your iTunes library directly from connect, and then I'm assuming could transfer the music files from iTunes to your iPhone. I don't know if you're able to download directly from the music app. I only played with apple music for 3 months because of the free trial, (and after that 3 months was up, I no longer needed to know about it for my job) tbh, so I don't know off the top of my head about downloading from it if you're not subscribed currently, and transferring music files from it to your phone. If that doesn't work for you, feel free to PM me and I'll look a little deeper into it.
    I tried looking them up on iTunes, but the instrumentals don't seem to be listed. Maybe I'm missing something, but I couldn't find them.

Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky
    I tried looking them up on iTunes, only the instrumentals don't seem to be listed. I can get to them through Connect on my Music app, but then I don't get an option to download-- just an option to upload them as a message or something, even if I click on the "..."

You download content through the Music app on your iPhone directly. If it's already in your library, there is a symbol of a phone with a down arrow that downloads it to your local storage. You can also do it per individual song with the "..." button on the right.

You can also navigate to their Connect page in your phone app and do the whole process there.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to do. I just don't seem to have the option to download to local storage. It's really weird. I have the option to upload it to something (Airdrop or what have you), but no download.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I just don't seem to have the option to download to local storage. It's really weird. I have the option to upload it to something (Airdrop or what have you), but no download.
    If you added them to your library, clicking the playlist link (from Connect) in your iPhone Music app should show you this:

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    When I get to that display, I'm missing the icon you circled. I don't believe I've officially added the playlist to my library, but I don't seem to have the option to do that-- I can either play it or "Add to Up Next," but I don't believe that's adding it to the library.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Are you running the latest iOS update? They've been fixing Music stuff with every iteration, including this download scheme.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Hmm, I might not be. I'll check that out!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I wonder why EDIETS was played lived so scarcely?
    I know this is jumping back a bit in the thread, but it wasn't answered.
    I think it was strongly hinted at that the track was mainly made to appease the record label, as a clear single to be released - hence not many live performances and the cancelling of the music video.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    I know this is jumping back a bit in the thread, but it wasn't answered.
    I think it was strongly hinted at that the track was mainly made to appease the record label, as a clear single to be released - hence not many live performances and the cancelling of the music video.
    i love the verses/bridge of that song, but god i hate the chorus (musically and lyrically).

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i love the verses/bridge of that song, but god i hate the chorus (musically and lyrically).
    Just to add to this:
    EDIETS is one of the distinct moments from my first concert that I remember very well, even now. I love the song, I loved every second of the show, but I can venture another guess as to why it was often switched out for another song, and eventually left out. The visuals for EDIETS was a looping scrolling video of the desert, moving right to left, across the screen behind the band. It worked well to the title/theme of the song, but overall probably made for a fairly boring presentation. Again, I loved it, but knowing I could have gotten TDTWWA instead... yeah.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    They should have played the Meathead music video on the screen during EDIETS. Bonus points if Trent didn't know about the change and threw a temper tantrum.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Just to add to this:
    EDIETS is one of the distinct moments from my first concert that I remember very well, even now. I love the song, I loved every second of the show, but I can venture another guess as to why it was often switched out for another song, and eventually left out. The visuals for EDIETS was a looping scrolling video of the desert, moving right to left, across the screen behind the band. It worked well to the title/theme of the song, but overall probably made for a fairly boring presentation. Again, I loved it, but knowing I could have gotten TDTWWA instead... yeah.
    I wonder if there was a desert theme in the music video then? Since the single has a desert on the front of the cover or something like that.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    Yeah, same here. It's tough when there's a song that has parts you love and parts you can't stand. I understand how the chorus of EDIETS communicates what the song is about and all, but it just doesn't sound good.

Thinking about it, another artist who does that (makes songs with both parts I love and parts I can't stand) is Tori Amos. Coincidence?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I know this has probably been asked a bunch of times before, but WHY the fuck is AATCHB on two discs? BYIT has a lot more content, looks better, and they managed to cram it onto one DVD without a stupid, anti-climatic pause to switch DVDs.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    I know this has probably been asked a bunch of times before, but WHY the fuck is AATCHB on two discs? BYIT has a lot more content, looks better, and they managed to cram it onto one DVD without a stupid, anti-climatic pause to switch DVDs.
    The dual layer DVD wasn't invented until 2003

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    i'm guessing you're not a big fan of vinyl, either

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    The dual layer DVD wasn't invented until 2003
    I don't think it's the right answer because AATCHB is actually two DVD-9 discs.
    A need for split had something to do with encoding/compressing codecs, which were significantly improved by the time they were making BYIT. I'm sure Rob clarified this somewhere before (probably at nin.com forums)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I don't think it's the right answer because AATCHB is actually two DVD-9 discs.
    A need for split had something to do with encoding/compressing codecs, which were significantly improved by the time they were making BYIT. I'm sure Rob clarified this somewhere before (probably at nin.com forums)
    Better encoding technology, ok, that makes sure. Maybe the Fragile reissue will have a single-disc edition. Around the time Bernie Sanders is elected president.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Does anyone know what the Trent vocals that are sampled on the TTA remix of Even Deeper are?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Does anyone know what the Trent vocals that are sampled on the TTA remix of Even Deeper are?
    i always assumed they were unused (or buried in the mix) vocals from even deeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    AATCHB DVD had the hidden menu with additional content, so that probably took up some space.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    The amount of content on both releases is roughly the same.
    BYIT has main concert feature, plus extra camera angle for three songs, plus five songs from summer tour, three rehearsal vids, two music videos. And interactive halography with samples.
    AATCHB has main concert feature, extra camera angle for four songs, three-and-a-half bonus songs and three short teasers. Menu also probably weighs a little more than BYIT since it has more animations and music.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The amount of content on both releases is roughly the same.
    BYIT has main concert feature, plus extra camera angle for three songs, plus five songs from summer tour, three rehearsal vids, two music videos. And interactive halography with samples.
    AATCHB has main concert feature, extra camera angle for four songs, three-and-a-half bonus songs and three short teasers. Menu also probably weighs a little more than BYIT since it has more animations and music.
    I thought this was answered on an interview at some point and it was split due to the audio quality and not the amount of footage. I could be wrong.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The amount of content on both releases is roughly the same...
    True, but the size had to be bigger for AATCHB purely because the crew used consumer-grade DV cameras (fact widely known and explained)
    That resulted in source video already compressed before editing/authoring and to maintain quality they had to keep bigger bitrate.
    In audio it's similar: you have CD/wav as source - compress however you want, you have mp3 - be prepared for notable "generation" loss.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    On the topic of AATCHB, does anybody have a list of the audio sources? All it says on the wiki is that it was sourced "from four or five shows"

Q&A with Trent Reznor By Mathew Honan for Macworld on February 1, 2002
    Q: The audio was assembled on a Mac too, correct?

Reznor: Normally when you film or record a tour, on our level, you get maybe two nights to record. Invariably those are the nights that aren't very good. We took some of the budget we were saving from having massive multicamera shoots, put some into the audio, and recorded four or five different nights to digital multitrack. Got back to the studio afterwards, picked the best version of the songs, loaded everything into Pro Tools on a Mac, and mixed in surround, then remixed everything again in stereo.