Page 137 of 215 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,110 of 6450

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Are you people deaf? It's clearly "Crystal Japan."

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copy_of_an_Echo View Post
    Ah okay interesting.
    Rubin was also listed in the thank you section of The Fragile.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Does anyone have playlists for the original Nothing Records Radio circa 1998-2001ish?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Was watching Somewhat Damaged from BYIT Summer 2006 last night, and it got me thinking about whether there are any decent proshot videos of that tour, so thought I'd come on here and see whether anyone has any leads on that?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Was watching Somewhat Damaged from BYIT Summer 2006 last night, and it got me thinking about whether there are any decent proshot videos of that tour, so thought I'd come on here and see whether anyone has any leads on that?
    Just the footage from BYIT. Otherwise only audience videos. (But there's a soundboard audio recording of one full show available, browse ninlive.com for it)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    None have surfaced, but maybe there is some footage in a private archive — I vaguely remember the outdoor CCTV screens being on in the Molson Amphitheatre (but perhaps it was just for the first two bands). Some of that venue-shot footage might still exist. There would probably not be a lot of wide angle shots it. They included some in the BYIT Summer bonus footage, but sadly not in as good video quality as the main feature.

Reznor said he regretted not having had the full HD camera crew to capture the Summer leg of the tour as that was his favourite one of the whole Live: With Teeth cycle. I loved it too, still have the 'rocket' poster from the Toronto show up in my bedroom. A great night all around.
    Last edited by botley; 01-31-2016 at 10:10 AM.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emptydesk View Post
    Does anyone have playlists for the original Nothing Records Radio circa 1998-2001ish?
    Nothing Radio's playlist consisted of pretty much everything we could find on Nothing Records, although I took it easy on the NIN & Manson. A lot of it came from my personal collection, and Paul Labarbera contributed most of the Einstürzende Neubauten & Manson tracks. I also included tracks from the Nothing Changes compilation CD. Remixes from the Pleasant Smell single. Prick stuff. Basically, my goal was to make available the music that you couldn't necessarily find at Sam Goody or The Wall. For example, I had a copy of Bowling Green's One Pound Note from a visit to Nothing Studios - they had a basket of CDs up front and you could just take what you wanted, and I grabbed some weird ones. I don't think I've ever seen that in stores. It wasn't all that great though, if I remember correctly.

There weren't any playlists really - we uploaded a large quantity of MP3s and told Live365 to shuffle. Tada! Nothing Radio!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Nothing Radio's playlist consisted of pretty much everything we could find on Nothing Records, although I took it easy on the NIN & Manson. A lot of it came from my personal collection, and Paul Labarbera contributed most of the Einstürzende Neubauten & Manson tracks. I also included tracks from the Nothing Changes compilation CD. Remixes from the Pleasant Smell single. Prick stuff. Basically, my goal was to make available the music that you couldn't necessarily find at Sam Goody or The Wall. For example, I had a copy of Bowling Green's One Pound Note from a visit to Nothing Studios - they had a basket of CDs up front and you could just take what you wanted, and I grabbed some weird ones. I don't think I've ever seen that in stores. It wasn't all that great though, if I remember correctly.

There weren't any playlists really - we uploaded a large quantity of MP3s and told Live365 to shuffle. Tada! Nothing Radio!
    Do you have access to Clint Mansell's "The Mechanic?" I remember listening for it on Nothing Radio, but never hearing it. I've tried intermittently to track it down ever since.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mqhanlon View Post
    Do you have access to Clint Mansell's "The Mechanic?" I remember listening for it on Nothing Radio, but never hearing it. I've tried intermittently to track it down ever since.
    Unfortunately, that was part of Radio Nothing, which was the label folk asking if they could embrace and extend our idea, nine months after we'd launched nothingradio.net. (long story) When you uploaded MP3s to Live365, it was a one-way-process. You had no way to download files that were uploaded to the radio station, you could only stream them back. You had to upload at specific quality levels, too, so don't expect to find that file at anything higher than 128kbps.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    A Warm Place

... I guess you didn't link to the right one then !
    Oh, I tried to get The Downward Spiral back on my MP3 but the files weren't compatible, and at the same time, I wasn't aware that the song I was thinking of was A Warm Place. Thank you

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Rarity? It's a track from The Downward Spiral...
    lol I stand corrected. It's been years since I listened to that album; too unconscious of music at the time.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copy_of_an_Echo View Post
    Oh, I tried to get The Downward Spiral back on my MP3 but the files weren't compatible, and at the same time, I wasn't aware that the song I was thinking of was A Warm Place. Thank you
    Re-buy it or re-rip it then? You're missing out if you've not listened for years

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Re-buy it or re-rip it then? You're missing out if you've not listened for years
    I'll figure something out. I still remember a lot of the songs and mostly want to listen just to learn from them. I can't say it's my favorite album because it doesn't quite have my kind of asthetic or favorite chord progressions, but it was very impressive because Trent was doing some very unique things with music at the time. I recently just refreshed my brain with The Fragile.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    When you listen to I Do Not Want This. Does the snare fall on the 1? or does the kick fall on the 1?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    When you listen to I Do Not Want This. Does the snare fall on the 1? or does the kick fall on the 1?
    snare double hit is on the 8 (and the following AND beat), kick is on the 1. similar to the beat of "banged and blown through"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    snare double hit is on the 8 (and the following AND beat), kick is on the 1. similar to the beat of "banged and blown through"
    The genius of this song is that each new element of the next section is introduced on the double snare hit right before the 1.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    For anyone who saw the band in 2007, who plays the acoustic guitar part in "the becoming"? I'm listening to a bootleg right now and was curious.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    For anyone who saw the band in 2007, who plays the acoustic guitar part in "the becoming"? I'm listening to a bootleg right now and was curious.
    I didn't see those shows but sounds like Aaron playing electric guitar, maybe with a piezoelectric pickup.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I failed to find a good video of the song from that tour, it wasn't played that many times. My guess would be Alessandro, he played guitar on quite a few songs even back then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Still new here so this probly isn't a place to post it, but I googled new NIN and a live album called Back in Anger is said to be released Feb 9th. It appears to be when NIN and Bowie toured together. Anyone else seen this or is this old news?

https://www.google.com/search?site=&...N4APHzOxhoAAAA

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliprygoose View Post
    Still new here so this probly isn't a place to post it, but I googled new NIN and a live album called Back in Anger is said to be released Feb 9th. It appears to be when NIN and Bowie toured together. Anyone else seen this or is this old news?

https://www.google.com/search?site=&...N4APHzOxhoAAAA
    I love it how the second hit of that Google search is Strobelight

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Yes, that album is totally legit and worth buying. Just look at the album cover, which like totally says "i'm not a bootleg at all and in no way a cash in on bowie's death". And of course audio content is totally new and haven't been already released on 15 different bootlegs and torrented ten thousand times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hah well, I appreciate you responding even if it was just a tiny bit sarcastic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You're not crazy, it was on the single version. I had it years ago!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Yes, that album is totally legit and worth buying. Just look at the album cover, which like totally says "i'm not a bootleg at all and in no way a cash in on bowie's death". And of course audio content is totally new and haven't been already released on 15 different bootlegs and torrented ten thousand times.
    In their defence, the album was listed before he died, it was a cash in on the new album

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Can anyone think of a better/more practical title for the version of Sanctified w/o the Midnight Express sample than Sanctified (2010 Mix)?

Sanctified (Less 2 Kilos Mix) doesn't count.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Sanctified (version)

can't go wrong with that

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Can anyone think of a better/more practical title for the version of Sanctified w/o the Midnight Express sample than Sanctified (2010 Mix)?

Sanctified (Less 2 Kilos Mix) doesn't count.
    Sanctified (Remastered), just like the rest of the album :P

Or if you want to specify the lack of sample, Sanctified (No Sample) or Sanctified (Bad Version)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    It's a new mix, though, so 2010 mix works too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Sanctified from Halo 2R is a re-mastered version of the song. Granted the speech samples are removed, I wouldn't label it as mix. The term could be misleading. I would label it as Sanctified (Remastered Version) or Sanctified (Remastered). You could included the year, but it is not necessary.