Page 103 of 215 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,090 of 6430

Thread: Random NIN Questions

  1. #3061
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    1,008
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    Funny. If the name is a grammatically/mechanically correct phrase, then it's neither of those. If you're talking about nails that are nine inches long, it'd be written "nine-inch nails". If you're talking about nine nails that are an inch long, you'd write "nine one-inch nails". Unless people call one-inch nails "inch nails".
    Wait, so what's the name mean?

  2. #3062
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Wrong end of the phone
    Posts
    1,095
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    So nin.com now sells only download versions in music section. Makes me wonder: what other releases could realistically appear there? H/M and G/G must feel kinda lonely
    That's weird — I was there just a week or so ago hoping to find the semi-deluxe Ghosts and was disappointed that they only had the standard CD release for sale. Now even that is MIA.

  3. #3063
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    Wait, so what's the name mean?
    Nothing, it sounded cool and looked good as a logo

  4. #3064
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    1,008
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Nothing, it sounded cool and looked good as a logo
    are you sure it's not the length of the nails used to crucify Jesus?

  5. #3065
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,113
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    are you sure it's not the length of the nails used to crucify Jesus?
    100% certain, that was made up by crazy fans who wanted NIN to be satanist so it would make their mums really mad.

  6. #3066
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,052
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Nine inches seems too long for a crucifixion. You'd only need about five inches tops wouldn't you?

  7. #3067
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,113
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Nine inches seems too long for a crucifixion. You'd only need about five inches tops wouldn't you?
    Crucifixion nails were roughly 10-12cm (about 4-5 inches), so yeah.

  8. #3068
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,052
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    i went to a few... in my other life.

  9. #3069
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    837
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Inches were shorter back then.

  10. #3070
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,113
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    Inches were shorter back then.
    Technically true, but only by a few millimetres :P

  11. #3071
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    837
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Technically true, but only by a few millimetres :P
    Yeah, but millimeters were *way* longer.

  12. #3072
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    970
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Wait, why are you sure these "nails" are the iron things, couldn't they be the growing things on our fingers?

  13. #3073
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    1,008
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    100% certain, that was made up by crazy fans who wanted NIN to be satanist so it would make their mums really mad.
    Yeah I know, I hoped the emoticon would show I was just messing


    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    Wait, why are you sure these "nails" are the iron things, couldn't they be the growing things on our fingers?
    Well now I don't know what to believe

  14. #3074
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    7,357
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So what's the latest NIN news generally speaking? I've been out of the loop. What's next on the schedule? New HTDA most likely? Or something else hinted at?

  15. #3075
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,113
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    So what's the latest NIN news generally speaking? I've been out of the loop. What's next on the schedule? New HTDA most likely? Or something else hinted at?
    Trent vaguely hinted at a NIN album being worked on, Rob and Mariqueen made vague hints on twitter a few months back about HTDA, TFDE still due 2009. So the usual no one knows anything, but fuck if we can't speculate.


    And Atticus has 3 more scored films (Crocodile Gennadiy, Love and Mercy and Triple Nine) coming out this year, if you're into score news.

  16. #3076
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,090
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Trent vaguely hinted at a NIN album being worked on, Rob and Mariqueen made vague hints on twitter a few months back about HTDA, TFDE still due 2009. So the usual no one knows anything, but fuck if we can't speculate.
    There's also that Jean Michel Jarre tribute album that Trent worked on that's supposed to be coming out TBD.

  17. #3077
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Il
    Posts
    799
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    If TR said the nails in nin were always fingernails in his mind, i would be upset.

  18. #3078
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    Lightbulb The thread of revelation...

    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    If TR said the nails in nin were always fingernails in his mind, i would be upset.
    In my mind they have always been fingernails! Up to now I didn't realize that in your language nails and fingernails are the same word...
    ... as it is the same in German language!!

    But "rusty" nails never came to my mind. How could I be so nailed up ....all the years!

  19. #3079
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    837
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Oh, just thought of another interpretation. "Nails" could be used as a verb and "Nine Inch" could be a proper noun.

    . . . Just being thorough.

  20. #3080
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Wrong end of the phone
    Posts
    1,095
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Which then raises the question: who is this guy named Nine Inch and what (or whom) is he nailing?

  21. #3081
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Somerset, UK
    Posts
    1,008
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    Which then raises the question: who is this guy named Nine Inch and what (or whom) is he nailing?
    Nine Inch is his porn name. And he is me

  22. #3082
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    837
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    " . . . The hammer is my penis."

  23. #3083
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Wrong end of the phone
    Posts
    1,095
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    Nine Inch is his porn name. And he is me
    [citation needed]

  24. #3084
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Il
    Posts
    799
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I know HLAH was written towards the end of PHM but when i was younger, i always thought it was a reference to the lyric "nail me up against the wall". I never once thought fingernails.

  25. #3085
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    682
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    So, today I learned about Jubilee. Aaron North's band of 2008 and the story got pretty dark really quickly. I mean I know he had some serious mental health issues I read a pretty depressing interview with him in 2013, but I never knew he had a band and Trent even collaborated with Maynard on one song. So apart from those two singles, whatever happened to that EP for members? Did anybody hear it?

    http://whitegreyblack.tumblr.com/pos...rs-only-record

  26. #3086
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    837
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    I know HLAH was written towards the end of PHM but when i was younger, i always thought it was a reference to the lyric "nail me up against the wall". I never once thought fingernails.
    And Ringfinger has "You just left me nailed here. Hanging like Jesus on his cross." I'm guessing those lyrics were written after Trent came up with the name, too.

    BTW, here's a quote about the name of the band:

    i was going through a bunch of a variety of sources and had a bunch of things down and mixed 50 names to go through and after realizing they were all shitty, that just kinda popped into my head. two weeks later i still liked it, so we just went with it. as far as any significance, i just like it because it looked good in print, pretty powerful and had a bit of, could be taken as a sexual overtone, or a religious overtone, which to me at the time was a theme the band was about.
    I didn't know he mentioned intentional sexual or religious overtones.

  27. #3087
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,303
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    So, today I learned about Jubilee. Aaron North's band of 2008 and the story got pretty dark really quickly. I mean I know he had some serious mental health issues I read a pretty depressing interview with him in 2013, but I never knew he had a band and Trent even collaborated with Maynard on one song. So apart from those two singles, whatever happened to that EP for members? Did anybody hear it?

    http://whitegreyblack.tumblr.com/pos...rs-only-record
    It never came out. I believe that post is the last from Aaron. I have talked to Erik Andrews (Coming Home Records and "partner" of W/G/B) and he didn't offer much about it either.

    But, here's a pro shot video of Jubilee on tour:


    (Yep, I shamelessly plugged a video I uploaded on YouTube)

  28. #3088
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    682
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    What is being said in the middle of Kinda I Want To? Sounds like "I've got... nobody!"

  29. #3089
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    within view of The Rockies
    Posts
    2,436
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    What is being said in the middle of Kinda I Want To? Sounds like "I've got... nobody!"
    I always though it was "help me!"

  30. #3090
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    What is being said in the middle of Kinda I Want To? Sounds like "I've got... nobody!"
    I'm pretty sure it's the "I used to be somebody" part from Down In It.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions