Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The Apple Thread

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

The Apple Thread (R.I.P. Steve)

Also can we drop the rip Steve. It's been long enough.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joymode View Post
    I don't know why people hate on iTunes. On windows it sucks. But it's a perfectly capable media library organizer and player on the Mac.
    My only gripe with it continues to be the lack of native support for FLAC.

Also can we drop the rip Steve. It's been long enough.
    Agreed, done.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    My only gripe with it continues to be the lack of native support for FLAC.

Agreed, done.

I hear ya. that used to be an issue for me, but then i just started converting everything to ALAC. and im pretty pleased with that. honestly i just want my stuff to work and sound good. and if thats what i have to do to achieve that, then thats no big deal...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got an iPhone 5 today. First smartphone I've ever owned. I have wanted one for awhile, but now I am just overwhelmed. It can do so much compared to my crappy little flip phone it's replacing. WHAT IS THIS FUTURE TECHNOLOGY!?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darktemplar007 View Post
    I got an iPhone 5 today. First smartphone I've ever owned. I have wanted one for awhile, but now I am just overwhelmed. It can do so much compared to my crappy little flip phone it's replacing. WHAT IS THIS FUTURE TECHNOLOGY!?
    Welcome to this decade. :P

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I disagree, and present the following for your consideration:

Newsstand
    Game Center
    Safari
    See also this on my iPhone Attachment 242

edit: wow, choosing the "small" image attachment via Tapatalk doesn't work out too well, does it? haha
    Last edited by allegro; 12-10-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    GoogleMaps has returned to iOS devices with turn-by-turn directions, public transit information, and a sleek interface!

http://www.zagg.com/community/blog/g...ble-on-iphone/

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

Thank god!!! (runs to App Store)

Ahhhhhhhhh Google Maps is back on my iPhone again, ahhhhhhh
    Last edited by allegro; 12-13-2012 at 05:20 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Anyone else running into major sync issues with iTunes/iPhone? Every time I try to add new music from my MBP, it deletes any playlists I've created on my phone and often randomly chooses an album or two to sync again unnecessarily, causing the songs to double up. I don't have any of the auto-sync options enabled in iTunes. I like to manage it closely.

Also, the album art is COMPLETELY messed up. Even on a song-by-song basis. It's getting extremely annoying.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    Anyone else running into major sync issues with iTunes/iPhone? Every time I try to add new music from my MBP, it deletes any playlists I've created on my phone and often randomly chooses an album or two to sync again unnecessarily, causing the songs to double up. I don't have any of the auto-sync options enabled in iTunes. I like to manage it closely.

Also, the album art is COMPLETELY messed up. Even on a song-by-song basis. It's getting extremely annoying.

Maybe try uninstalling iTunes and reinstalling it? I had this issue before on my PC and that fixed it.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

Well, this is sad news I was really hoping on getting my iPhone 5 JB'd

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Stopping by to drop this turd: wifi sync is completely ineffective. Yes, I googled and followed various instructions about resetting this, being plugged in while doing that. I should be able to plug my phone into the power outlet next to my bed, and when I wake up in the morning, all of my music should have synced, not ~17 songs.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

I completely forgot that wifi sync was a new feature....sounds like its a half assed feature at that lol

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I just use itunes match. best 25 bucks i ever spent. @Leviathant @NotoriousTIMP @klyrish

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I got iTunes Match when it first came out. Then I canceled it. The delay in my car was really annoying.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    i dont have much delay at all. but im on LTE... although i didnt have much delay on my 4s either...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    iTunes Match is a convenient service, but I have a few nitpicks with it. I think I'd love it if it let me decide which albums to put on the cloud. I get that iTunes might have the same Converge album that I just added to my library, but when my rip is from a better source and is higher quality, it's a real pain to end up with a low bit-rate iTunes source with two-second gaps between each track. Trying to figure out what "version" of the album I'm using on my iPhone could really be more transparent—I'd love to use a chunk of that 25GB for higher quality files if I had the choice.

It's rare that I have this issue, but when it happens, it's really bothersome. I don't mind it (or even notice it!) with some of my tracks, but when it comes to my favorite bands it stands out like a sore thumb.

I hope I'm just missing something obvious!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

i dont have much delay at all. but im on LTE... although i didnt have much delay on my 4s either...
    This is pretty much all the stuff that happened to me with Match back then: http://m.nbcnews.com/technology/tech...-heaven-119038

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone have any tips for how to optimize performance in GarageBand? I didn't realize that a project could be too "complex" and stop playing altogether, but that's what's happening with some of my recent projects. I have just downloaded a ton of music though, so that might be what's affecting it. I have a MacBook Pro, by the way. Should I buy an external hard drive and move all my music/movies to that? I'd like to figure out the pros/cons before I drop the cash on an external hard drive though - if it's not going to help then I don't want to waste money.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

GarageBand is s total cache hog, less ram more problems. The hard drive isn't the problem
    Last edited by allegro; 01-03-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

Run logic in 64 bit.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Picked up an iPad mini today - so awesome!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    more memory wont help. iLife is all 32 bit. throw all the ram in the world at any of those apps, and it wont make a lick of difference.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

I bought an iPad mini today. After a few hours with it, I'm very happy. I've wanted an iPad for a long time now, but it was a Dungeons and Dragons app that finally pushed me over the edge. I'm so used to the display on the iPhone 4 and 5 that it's going to take a little while for me to get used to this lower PPI screen, but it's not terrible, even if it is very noticeably lower res. I love how easy this is to hold up and type on and I don't think I'd like a full sized iPad as much as I do this. Bitchin'!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    wow....the new iTunes interface blows anyone else not digging it?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

I think it's fine. They need to tweak a few things. But overall you can get the old interface back by turning on the proper options in the menus. @NotoriousTIMP

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

Quote Originally Posted by johnbron View Post
    I bought an iPad mini today. After a few hours with it, I'm very happy. I've wanted an iPad for a long time now, but it was a Dungeons and Dragons app that finally pushed me over the edge. I'm so used to the display on the iPhone 4 and 5 that it's going to take a little while for me to get used to this lower PPI screen, but it's not terrible, even if it is very noticeably lower res. I love how easy this is to hold up and type on and I don't think I'd like a full sized iPad as much as I do this. Bitchin'!
    Baldurs gate?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

more memory wont help. iLife is all 32 bit. throw all the ram in the world at any of those apps, and it wont make a lick of difference.
    They really do suck. I know, though, that when I was doing art projects in college using required iLife elements, I seemed to have less problems with GarageBand on the Mac Pros at school (whereas nothing in GarageBand worked worth a shit on my MacBook), so processor and memory did seem to have big effect, This was several years ago, though. I had GarageBand on my iPads but it was so useless (and I don't have fun making music, it bores me after 5 minutes), I deleted it from all devices.

Speaking of iLife:
    I really really hate the newest versions of iPhoto, particularly after the introduction of "Events" which is integral and can't be shitcanned. And "faces" ugh ugh ugh so dumb.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-03-2013 at 07:24 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

Quote Originally Posted by johnbron View Post
    I don't notice the lower PPI as much, probably because I'm not a gamer. But I looooooove reading on my mini (books and magazines). The only complaint I have when comparing it to my Kindles or books: it's COLD. I mean on my hands. It's very cold here in the Midwest right now and this mini seems to retain cold. I try to hold it only via the smart cover but that's kinda hard to do sometimes. I'm thinking of knitting it a sweater cover.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    They really do suck. I know, though, that when I was doing art projects in college using required iLife elements, I seemed to have less problems with GarageBand on the Mac Pros at school (whereas nothing in GarageBand worked worth a shit on my MacBook), so processor and memory did seem to have big effect, This was several years ago, though. I had GarageBand on my iPads but it was so useless (and I don't have fun making music, it bores me after 5 minutes), I deleted it from all devices.

Speaking of iLife:
    I really really hate the newest versions of iPhoto, particularly after the introduction of "Events" which is integral and can't be shitcanned. And "faces" ugh ugh ugh so dumb.
    Processor speed had a big effect. Mac pros have typically 8+ cores. Whereas your MacBook had maybe 2.

Also MacBooks have 5200 rpm hard drives. As opposed to 7200 rpm 3gps link speed.

So that's a significant boost that isn't related to ram.

You could put an ssd in the machine. That would help significantly. But those are pricey still.
    Last edited by DVYDRNS; 01-03-2013 at 08:59 AM.