Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Thread: The Apple Thread

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    I really like that blue and have been saving to replace my aging phone with a 12 but that purple, oh man.

OTOH

Last edited by allegate; 04-21-2021 at 10:00 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    that's disappointing to say the least

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    well, I have finally done it. since the dawn of smart phones I've had androids, but yesterday I made the switch....to the iphone 12 mini! oh man this is the perfect sized phone for me! I don't really watch videos on my phone..don't use social media. so this is the perfect phone for me (especially since I have smaller hands) . got an apple watch 6 too, going to set it up this morning.

there's a weird glitch, where people with android phones who are texting me, they're texts aren't coming to me. in fact, they are going to my old phone which no longer has service. it's weird. was on the chat assistance with verizon (switched carriers, from google fi to verizon too) for 2 hours yesterday.
    I found a fix, but it's for the people using android phones, having to tinker their messaging settings. but that's not cool, because, well, why should they have to tinker their settings? not to mention, there could be people trying to text me, and I'd never even know since I wouldn't receive it (especially with wi-fi turned off on my old phone) .

has anyone had this issue?

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    not sure if it's related but my work issues Apple phones and I have an Android; when I send my boss a text it shows up really strangely on his phone for that reason. Weird.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I have had my 13" MacBook Pro for over 10 years and it's been slowing down in the last couple of years. Not only that, but it's so old it can't do any OS updates, really. I had the money saved up and got myself a new 16" MacBook Pro today. I'll see if my husband wants the old laptop, otherwise I'll just turn it in for recycling.

Also, my iPhone 6sPlus was way overdue to be traded in for a new phone, so I decided to get an iPhone 12 Pro as long as I was buying my new computer.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leo3375 View Post
    I have had my 13" MacBook Pro for over 10 years and it's been slowing down in the last couple of years. Not only that, but it's so old it can't do any OS updates, really. I had the money saved up and got myself a new 16" MacBook Pro today. I'll see if my husband wants the old laptop, otherwise I'll just turn it in for recycling.

Also, my iPhone 6sPlus was way overdue to be traded in for a new phone, so I decided to get an iPhone 12 Pro as long as I was buying my new computer.
    If it can upgrade the RAM then its worth something. BestBuy wanted to give me $750 for my late 2012 13" two years ago due to it being the last model that can be upgraded. I would look around to see if you can get a couple of bucks for it before going the donate route. I noticed a huge increase in performance when I upgraded my RAM and went to a SSD and I am positive someone out there will want that thing since it still has a CD-rom drive too.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Spatial audio is out now. Wow. It's a bit of a head trip, some song take on a whole new life. In a way, it's like listening to new alternate mixes. It's going to take some getting used to for music I'm familiar with...not a bad thing. Of course, if I want to hear it the way I've always heard it before spatial I can just turn it off.

I can imagine Trent taking advantage of this technology!

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Fragile 5.1/Atmos anytime now...

Mentioned
    894 Post(s)
    My husband got me the blue iPhone 12 Pro Max last night, I traded in my 7 Plus (they gave us $130). I spent all night messing around with this phone.

I love it.

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Got my son the 12 mini because he said he didn't like the size of my XR and preferred his 1st gen classic size. He loves it, especially since the battery actually lasts for longer than a couple hours.