Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: The Apple Thread

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I really like that blue and have been saving to replace my aging phone with a 12 but that purple, oh man.

OTOH

Last edited by allegate; 04-21-2021 at 10:00 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    that's disappointing to say the least

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    well, I have finally done it. since the dawn of smart phones I've had androids, but yesterday I made the switch....to the iphone 12 mini! oh man this is the perfect sized phone for me! I don't really watch videos on my phone..don't use social media. so this is the perfect phone for me (especially since I have smaller hands) . got an apple watch 6 too, going to set it up this morning.

there's a weird glitch, where people with android phones who are texting me, they're texts aren't coming to me. in fact, they are going to my old phone which no longer has service. it's weird. was on the chat assistance with verizon (switched carriers, from google fi to verizon too) for 2 hours yesterday.
    I found a fix, but it's for the people using android phones, having to tinker their messaging settings. but that's not cool, because, well, why should they have to tinker their settings? not to mention, there could be people trying to text me, and I'd never even know since I wouldn't receive it (especially with wi-fi turned off on my old phone) .

has anyone had this issue?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    not sure if it's related but my work issues Apple phones and I have an Android; when I send my boss a text it shows up really strangely on his phone for that reason. Weird.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I have had my 13" MacBook Pro for over 10 years and it's been slowing down in the last couple of years. Not only that, but it's so old it can't do any OS updates, really. I had the money saved up and got myself a new 16" MacBook Pro today. I'll see if my husband wants the old laptop, otherwise I'll just turn it in for recycling.

Also, my iPhone 6sPlus was way overdue to be traded in for a new phone, so I decided to get an iPhone 12 Pro as long as I was buying my new computer.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leo3375 View Post
    I have had my 13" MacBook Pro for over 10 years and it's been slowing down in the last couple of years. Not only that, but it's so old it can't do any OS updates, really. I had the money saved up and got myself a new 16" MacBook Pro today. I'll see if my husband wants the old laptop, otherwise I'll just turn it in for recycling.

Also, my iPhone 6sPlus was way overdue to be traded in for a new phone, so I decided to get an iPhone 12 Pro as long as I was buying my new computer.
    If it can upgrade the RAM then its worth something. BestBuy wanted to give me $750 for my late 2012 13" two years ago due to it being the last model that can be upgraded. I would look around to see if you can get a couple of bucks for it before going the donate route. I noticed a huge increase in performance when I upgraded my RAM and went to a SSD and I am positive someone out there will want that thing since it still has a CD-rom drive too.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Spatial audio is out now. Wow. It's a bit of a head trip, some song take on a whole new life. In a way, it's like listening to new alternate mixes. It's going to take some getting used to for music I'm familiar with...not a bad thing. Of course, if I want to hear it the way I've always heard it before spatial I can just turn it off.

I can imagine Trent taking advantage of this technology!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Fragile 5.1/Atmos anytime now...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    My husband got me the blue iPhone 12 Pro Max last night, I traded in my 7 Plus (they gave us $130). I spent all night messing around with this phone.

I love it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Got my son the 12 mini because he said he didn't like the size of my XR and preferred his 1st gen classic size. He loves it, especially since the battery actually lasts for longer than a couple hours.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Spatial audio is out now. Wow. It's a bit of a head trip, some song take on a whole new life. In a way, it's like listening to new alternate mixes. It's going to take some getting used to for music I'm familiar with...not a bad thing. Of course, if I want to hear it the way I've always heard it before spatial I can just turn it off.

I can imagine Trent taking advantage of this technology!
    Apple gave me three more free months of Apple Music and I have a set of AirPods so I've been listening to some spatial stuff. Some of it sounds like the "Live" equalizer is turned on and that's it. Other stuff though...I was listening to an album and was walking around and noticed that depending on where I was facing the instruments would change direction. Like the drums were around me but now suddenly they're slightly more to my left and the guitars - that are usually split left/right because there's two guitarists - are also moving around me.

Really wild. I put the headphones on my son and said turn around. He looked at me like I lost my mind but he did it and he was surprised as well. I wonder if the 7.1 headphones I have for my PC would work? it says that you can turn it to "always on" but that doesn't really mean anything.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    That's interesting, I've never heard of this before. Is it only for the AirPods?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    That's interesting, I've never heard of this before. Is it only for the AirPods?
    Airpods (Regular, Pro, Max) and the Beats3 line. It should also work on the speakers for an XR or later, and on the speakers for 6th gen iPads (3rd gen on the larger sizes).

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212182

About spatial audio with Dolby Atmos in Apple Music
    If you subscribe to Apple Music, you can listen to select songs in spatial audio with Dolby Atmos. Get a multidimensional experience that goes beyond just listening to music and makes you feel like you’re inside of it. And listen on any headphones, the built-in speakers on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, and with Apple TV 4K.
    I don't see how it would work on built-in speakers since it's, you know, spatial, and those are pretty much direct-fire from the source.

Supported songs automatically play in Dolby Atmos when you're listening with:
    AirPods Pro or AirPods Max with spatial audio turned on. Go to Control Center, touch and hold the volume button, then tap Spatial Audio.
    AirPods
    BeatsX, Beats Solo3 Wireless, Beats Studio3, Powerbeats3 Wireless, Beats Flex, Powerbeats Pro, or Beats Solo Pro
    Just read this part, I guess that's what I was experiencing?
    Is spatial audio with dynamic head tracking available for music?
    We are excited to announce that spatial audio with dynamic head tracking is coming to Apple Music in the fall. Dynamic head tracking creates an even more immersive experience for spatial audio. It brings music to life by delivering sound that dynamically adjusts as you turn your head. And you can experience spatial audio with dynamic head tracking on AirPods Pro and AirPods Max with a compatible iPhone or iPad.
    It was an album that was released as a visual album/movie with Atmos so that makes sense.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Is anyone else having trouble with the pinch/zooming in/out part of their iPhone since installing iOS 15 in Safari? Ever since the update (on my iPhone X), sometimes it will zoom and other times it won’t. I did change the setting so that the search bar is back at the too rather than the bottom, but I doubt that’s causing it.

Hopefully they fix it with a patch later on. Hope I’m not the only one experiencing this? Annoying as hell.

@allegate - that’s good to hear re: battery life. My iPhone X battery needs a replacement badly. It’s down to halfway after a few hours. Especially if I’ll be relying on my phone a lot more to give COVID shot proof and whatnot.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 09-25-2021 at 11:38 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Switching to an iPhone after refusing for such a long time. It's mainly for iMessage and the ease of use since I don't need all of the customization of Android anymore...I just want things to work smoothly.

Has anyone switched before, and if so are you happy about it?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    ^ switched earlier this year, I was an Android guy since day 1. after having the iphone 12 mini since about March of this year, I can easily say it's the best phone I've ever had and plan to hold on to it for a few years.

Speaking of minis, I just ordered the new ipad mini. It'll take about a month before it ships, but I can't wait! Looks like the perfect size. Reminds me of the Nexus 7 tablet I had way back in the day. I had a regular sized ipad and thought it was just a tad too big. I don't use it for anything other than casual use.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I switched back in April, and I'm kind of mixed on it.

On the plus side, it runs much more smoothly and doesn't stop or stutter like my Android sometimes did. And I really wanted the apple watch, which only works with apple phones right now.

On the downside, Siri is not as good as Google Assistant. And sometimes when I press the home button to try to switch apps, it does other things instead and I don't really know why or what I'm doing wrong, just that I sometimes have to press that button 4 or 5 times before I can switch to the app I want.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Hey so i've had an iPad now for 3 months and something really is annoying me, there's a widget that's ALWAYS on screen that give you access to shortcuts (home, gestures etc) and i just want it gone but i can't find the option to remove it. You can move it around the screen but as i'm using the iPad to draw i normally end up using all the screen and it just keeps getting in the way. Anyone know how to remove it (i have tried goggling it and i just cannot seem to find what it's called to search correctly)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    New 27" imac replacing my 9 year old 27" imac and, let me tell ya, this is niiiiiiice. Pretty crazy the exterior design of the machine is the same though.

That is all.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post
    Hey so i've had an iPad now for 3 months and something really is annoying me, there's a widget that's ALWAYS on screen that give you access to shortcuts (home, gestures etc) and i just want it gone but i can't find the option to remove it. You can move it around the screen but as i'm using the iPad to draw i normally end up using all the screen and it just keeps getting in the way. Anyone know how to remove it (i have tried goggling it and i just cannot seem to find what it's called to search correctly)
    hi, is there nothing in the “control centre” settings?
    i don’t own an ipad, i’m just guessing maybe turn off “access within apps” if you have an option like that? there’s an option like that in iOS.
    but as i say, just guessing

wanna share a screenshot of the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by [parasite]; 09-27-2021 at 09:57 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post
    It could be assistive touch? Tell Siri to turn off assistive touch.

Or:

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > AssistiveTouch.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-27-2021 at 10:21 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    It could be assistive touch? Tell Siri to turn off assistive touch.

Or:

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > AssistiveTouch.
    THANK YOU! I have no idea why it was so difficult to find what it was called but it's gone now!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    does anyone have firsthand information on AirTags, are they worth the cash?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [parasite] View Post
    does anyone have firsthand information on AirTags, are they worth the cash?

My husband and I have been marveling over them, as well. They SEEM awesome!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The part I like the most about the Airtags is that they tell on you if you try to use them for nefarious purposes. Granted it only works if the person has an Apple phone but it's still neat.
    AirTag is designed to discourage unwanted tracking. If someone else’s AirTag finds its way into your stuff, your iPhone will notice it’s traveling with you and send you an alert. After a while, if you still haven’t found it, the AirTag will start playing a sound to let you know it’s there.
    Of course, if you happen to be with a friend who has an AirTag, or on a train with a whole bunch of people with AirTag, don’t worry. These alerts are triggered only when an AirTag is separated from its owner.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    The part I like the most about the Airtags is that they tell on you if you try to use them for nefarious purposes. Granted it only works if the person has an Apple phone but it's still neat.
    that’s so cool! thanks for the info

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    https://www.redmondpie.com/watch-iph...rt-with-usb-c/