Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Apple Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    Anyone using the cloud for iTunes? It's pretty sweet, but I hate scrolling through ALL of my music, to get to what's actually on my phone. Other than that it's cool.
    You can toggle a switch in the Music section in the Settings to only show songs that are downloaded to your device.

Also, I just ordered a Thunderbolt display so that I can hook up my 13" MBA to when I get home. I also ordered the BookArc Air from Twelve South to put the MBA in while it's connected to the display. Has anyone had any experience with the BookArc. Worth the $40 or not?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It's official. New iMac 21.5 inch i7 coming my way this weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just got my first iPhone (well, iAnything really). Any suggestions for awesome apps?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Becoming View Post
    You can toggle a switch in the Music section in the Settings to only show songs that are downloaded to your device.
    Thanks pal.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Since the death of the old ETS I acquired a nice and shiny 15.5 Inch Macbook Air.

Lurve it.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    thats amazing that you got a 15" macbook air! Last I checked, those were just rumors! sure its not a 13"? or a Macbook Pro? Either way, congrats on your mac!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I hit 5 instead of 3 when I typed that. Whoops.

On that note...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heroicraptor View Post
    Now I know this was all explained to me when we first started selling iPhones with iOS5, but I honestly feel I get better battery life with my jailbroken iPhone 4 running disable multitasking + backgrounder. Since installing these two apps a couple of night's ago I've noticed that my iPhone doesn't chew through the battery like crazy. Before I would have to charge my phone before my shift was over and now when by the time I'm heading home it still has more than 50% remaining. I hammer down on my phone almost daily too so it sees a bunch of usage....anyone else running any applications from Cydia that improve battery life?

Tapatapa?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love my MacBook Pro. I never make big investments or purchases, this is probably my first one, like ever. And I have no buyer's remorse, which is why I never make big purchases in the first place. It's so user friendly and just awesome. Really glad I made the decision. So sick of every PC ever just crashing around me all the time.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I have an interview with Apple tomorrow to be a supervisor at the largest location in San Antonio. I'm extremely excited.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    I have an interview with Apple tomorrow to be a supervisor at the largest location in San Antonio. I'm extremely excited.
    That's awesome! You'll do great!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    get everything you can out of them. get as much training as you can. then quit and work for yourself. best thing i ever did. otherwise they suck your soul.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Thanks to the both of you. I don't plan on making this something for the rest of my life, but it's something for the time being, I'll be in college for at least the next two years, and I'll be making a bigger chunk of change in order to help me move out of my house. Plus, I'm pretty sure Best Buy (who currently signs my checks) is going to be bought out soon.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Mind posting screen caps of the speed test app? I'd like to see what you're getting on sprint
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...nepics359.png/

Or just https://www.google.com/search?tbm=is...624l2.9.5l16l0

for a good laugh.

lol

I love it though. $50 a month works for me.
    Last edited by Amaro; 01-08-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I want an iPhone wallpaper similar to this one (in that it "interacts" with the display). Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The jailbreak for A5 devices has been released for anyone interested.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    yep. awesome sauce. heres a link to "instructions" http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/...e-4s-20120120/

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Can someone please tell me how to change the Network Name and Password on my WiFi?
    I cannot figure it out for the life of me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Can someone please tell me how to change the Network Name and Password on my WiFi?
    I cannot figure it out for the life of me.
    Change them on your router.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heroicraptor View Post
    Change them on your router.
    Or, more specifically, as my ex-husband, Satan, used to say:

RTFM

(Read The Fucking Manual)

Go find the manual for your router.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-31-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    hey wait, CNET just tweeted this:

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-...i-fi-password/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    TWEETBOT FOR IPAD WOOOOOOOH!
    http://t.co/rQ75yAjr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://9to5mac.com/2012/02/16/apple-...n/#more-138695

I did not see this coming at all.

And download the iMessage for Mac beta here:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/mountain...messages-beta/

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Just jail broke my apple tv. epic.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joymode View Post
    Just jail broke my apple tv. epic.
    if you jailbreak.. what else can it do?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    it just opens the functionality up.i don't have to have iTunes running to stream anything. also you can install plex and xbmc which allows you to stream all kinds of other formats. and then theres the general nerdery of customization...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joymode View Post
    it just opens the functionality up.i don't have to have iTunes running to stream anything. also you can install plex and xbmc which allows you to stream all kinds of other formats. and then theres the general nerdery of customization...
    Pretty neat. I thought I heard of it being able to stream/play games etc from the ios store.. though I might have dreamt that. I'm kinda looking forward to see if Apple use it as an inroad to the home console market.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I haven't been really keeping up with everything Mac recently. I've had two generations of mac pros however, with the last being my 2006 model. I am having a weird problem where when my mac turns off or goes to sleep, my monitor's backlight stays on but monitor 2's shuts off. So, instead of replacing the monitor, I am thinking it might just be time for a new computer. I have an iPad 2 so I am leaning more towards switching to an iMac and I don't really like working on laptops, anyway. I mainly do graphic design on it and sometimes video and photo editing as well.

I love having dual monitors, but I think if I went with a 27" imac, that'd be plenty of desktop space for me. The 21.5" is appealing because of the price, but think in the long run, I would be happiest with the 27". I also have all 4 of the hard drive bays full of video/music/photos, etc. I think I would just pull those bays and get an external enclosure for them (I think they make that?)

I also have an apple TV and a PS3 that I do a lot of streaming from. Someday I may want to pick up gaming again (one of the other reasons I'd like to switch, my current computer has a hard time processing even facebook games when there's a lot of graphics on screen, and had a lot of trouble with SC II when I tried the beta a while ago). I also don't think it's an HD video card.

Otherwise, my gf does homework on my computer and I use it occasionally as well for web surfing.

Given this info, does the iMac sound like the best choice? Also, should I wait to buy? How new was the latest iMac revamp? I understand Mountain Lion is coming, and I haven't even gotten around to getting Lion yet. Thanks in advance for any input!