Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Apple Thread

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    i was a fool and download 0s8 on my mini. it has been sucking ever since.
    Thanks for that. I will not download iOS 8 on my mini.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hahaha ouch:
    Apple releases, then pulls, an iOS update that accidentally cut off cell service

it also disabled the fingerprint sensor...geez...

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...923-story.html

These people don't even deserve phones.

I ran the update on my mini while I slept last night. I hope it isn't fucked when I get home...

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    #Bendgate.
    #bendghazi

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy-Bumbler View Post
    Do you happen to have a link where it's specifically talking about the iPad 2? I own a 3 and 4, but have yet to run into any major problems. The ones I am having are minor and are almost all within Safari. I'd like to read what's going on with the 2.
    A slide into obsolescence: iOS 8 on the iPad 2

i was a fool and download 0s8 on my mini. it has been sucking ever since.
    Damn. I was looking forward to iOS8 … I hope it's a temporary thing, but I'm not optimistic.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Yep. iOS 8 has fucked up my iPad and 4s. No video watching for me and as a bonus, fuck even getting to use certain sites at all (filmaf.com)! Really not pleased right now.

UPDATE: Came home from work and saw there was an update. iPad seems good now. Hopefully iPhone will follow suit.
    Last edited by Swykk; 09-26-2014 at 05:05 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I'm not sure how worried I should be about Shellshock. They can bang the bash shell remotely via my IP and issue commands without root password? Really?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I'm not sure how worried I should be about Shellshock. They can bang the bash shell remotely via my IP and issue commands without root password? Really?
    No, not unless you've configured your Mac to be a web server or something. I wouldn't worry at all iiwy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Should be getting an iPhone 6 in the next week or so...has anybody posted in another thread elsewhere on the site some NIN wallpapers created with this new resolution in mind?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Oops,sorry, didn't mean to like that, I"m not wearing my glasses, ha.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    iphone question: when I listen to music on my iphone, a screen always pops up with - not the album I'm listening to, but another one - and I inevitably end up pressing it and what I'm listening to switches to the other album. Or, a screen appears with a collage of all my albums and for neither swiping nor pressing nor shaking nor tilting the iphone will it go away.
    How do I stop this? How do I stop my iphone harassing me with other music instead of the one I've chosen to listen to?
    I don't even know how to begin to look for how to turn this off online, and I can't see anything remotely related to this problem in settings.

Gah. Apple. Endless failure.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The screen with a collage of all the albums comes up on my iPhone if I tilt the phone, but it always goes back to what I'm listening to if I tilt the phone back. Weird that it won't go away for you.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Lock on portrait orientation to keep the screen from switching to album collage.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Has anyone else been having trouble getting an iPhone 5 to sync with iTunes? The past few times I tried it would get all the way through the sync but never finish the last step, every time I ended up just unplugging my phone and the music synced but it never actually finished on the computer. Then this morning I tried to sync Gone Girl while I was in the shower and when I got back to my computer it was cancelling the sync, got sick of waiting and just unplugged my phone and shut down iTunes, music didn't sync. I've been having some trouble with my phone getting an internet connection, usually have to reboot, so maybe my phone is just crapping out.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Has anyone else been having trouble getting an iPhone 5 to sync with iTunes? The past few times I tried it would get all the way through the sync but never finish the last step, every time I ended up just unplugging my phone and the music synced but it never actually finished on the computer. Then this morning I tried to sync Gone Girl while I was in the shower and when I got back to my computer it was cancelling the sync, got sick of waiting and just unplugged my phone and shut down iTunes, music didn't sync. I've been having some trouble with my phone getting an internet connection, usually have to reboot, so maybe my phone is just crapping out.
    Before my iphone 5 got destroyed it did the same thing with me. Stuck at step 5 of 5.
    Itunes is probably the worst software I have ever used.

Two words.... CopyTrans Manager
    http://www.copytrans.net/download.php

It's the free alternative to iTunes. It's magical! Fuck iTunes.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    iphone question: when I listen to music on my iphone, a screen always pops up with - not the album I'm listening to, but another one - and I inevitably end up pressing it and what I'm listening to switches to the other album.
    God, I hate that collage. Fuck that shit.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Lock on portrait orientation to keep the screen from switching to album collage.
    Thanks. Though it does mean I can't tilt photos or youtube now.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

The Apple Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Before my iphone 5 got destroyed it did the same thing with me. Stuck at step 5 of 5.
    Itunes is probably the worst software I have ever used.

Two words.... CopyTrans Manager
    http://www.copytrans.net/download.php

It's the free alternative to iTunes. It's magical! Fuck iTunes.
    Thanks, I'll look into that. As long as the music gets on my phone I don't give a shit. iTunes definitely sucks though.

Edit: Just tried it again when I got home from work and it synced fine. What the fuck
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 10-02-2014 at 05:01 PM.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I'm singing from the rooftops: I just put a Windows 7 style task bar in OS X and I'm so fucking happy. It's not quite the same (not quite as good), but I already feel like I have a better idea of what's going on with this computer with just a single glance.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I'm singing from the rooftops: I just put a Windows 7 style task bar in OS X and I'm so fucking happy. It's not quite the same (not quite as good), but I already feel like I have a better idea of what's going on with this computer with just a single glance.
    I'd quite like a task manager tool (not just "top" in a terminal)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Wonder why Apple has yet to highlight the fact that the new iPhone has support for headphones connected through Lightning wire? There was something in a report back in April, but nothing since.

Guess I'll have to wait and see how the Philips Fidelio M2L's do.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post

Gross. Why would you want to make your mac act like a windows machine? *shudders*

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    Gross. Why would you want to make your mac act like a windows machine? *shudders*
    I'm glad you asked, @DVYDRNS . It's not going to blow your mind or anything, just make navigating between windows a little bit easier. I can glance at my task bar, see that I have three Sourcetree windows open - clicking on them, I see the names of each of the windows, and can select which project I need to work on. Compare that to Mission Control, where I see a pile of Windows, with the larger top window obscuring the view of the two behind it.

It also brings a little pop-up quick-reference calendar into the fold. With the date and time in the lower right corner, I hover over it and I can quickly see all the days in the month. If I click on it, it will bring up the more detailed OS X Calendar app. Sometimes someone asks me "What are you doing October 26" and I just want to see what day of the week it is.

It's pretty well accepted that since Win 7, the Windows task bar has been a superior interface to the OS X Dock. The Windows 8 task bar is better still, because instead of window titles, it shows window titles and little screen shots of each open window.

I understand that a lot of people buy Macbook pros for pretty simple tasks, and that multitasking is usually too distracting, but I find I can keep track of all things that I need to have going on in my job when I've got a Windows style task bar to guide me.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    my ipad mini is almost unusable after this update. everything is so goddamn slow.
    fuck you apple

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Ok, new updates have made IOS 8 better on all my devices. Plus, OSX Yosemite is fantastic. Probably the best upgrade (free at that) in a long while. Love the new safari, the new ability to pick up calls that aren't facetime on my computer (SMS function comes out monday) and the subtle improvements to the look was much needed.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i have a charger for an i phone...i didn't know that's what it was for.

It doesn't have the part that plugs into the wall, it's like a "jump" cord. IDK what you call it...i don't really fuck with cell phones since my wife and i are always together.

If anyone needs it, i will send it to you.the connections are like this but it's only about 3 feet long.

Anyway, if anyone has a burning desire for one of them, let me know...i'll drop it in the mail. I can't return it...bought it in another town and have no reciept
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-19-2014 at 08:07 PM. Reason: added picture.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Ok, new updates have made IOS 8 better on all my devices.
    I've heard rumors that doing a factory reset and restoring from backup solves the problems with the Mini 1 … when I have some time to waste I'll give it a shot.

Plus, OSX Yosemite is fantastic. Probably the best upgrade (free at that) in a long while. Love the new safari, the new ability to pick up calls that aren't facetime on my computer (SMS function comes out monday) and the subtle improvements to the look was much needed.
    It was a very smooth upgrade for me, with no app compatibility problems that I've noticed. And I'm comfortable with the new look.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    10.10 has been better than 10.9 in terms of install experience, but it did stall on me twice. One of my users experienced a 90min install that appeared hung. I've decided to block all 10.10 upgrades for the time being. I don't want to deal with all the shit being reported around the Internet.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I HATE Yosemite!

I want Mavericks back.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I tried out the public beta program, and I was mostly satisfied with it, aside from one issue that persisted all the way through Beta 6, where my wi-fi would randomly just stop working. Full bars, it would say I'm connected, but everything would just hang and not load at all. The indicator that this was happening would be my Gmail notifier, which would gray out because it wasn't connected. Every time, I had to turn wi-fi off and on from the menu bar to fix it. The final release seems to have finally fixed this, though - three days with no problems.

Oh, and Kindle stopped working. Thanks, Amazon. Yosemite waited until the final release to tell me that it was incompatible, though. Until then, I was just trying to see what I could do on my end to fix it, which was nothing.