Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    You can listen/download "saLvo" here:
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...e-mp3-20130514

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Salvo is fucking awesome. Really looking forward to this.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by konkelo View Post
    Is it so soon already?
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I thought it came out on the 28th... did they up the release to the week before instead?
    No it's the 28th. My phone likes to do what it wants when I use it to post. 2 weeks as of today. Still, very short time to go!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Don't know how many of you are also into Download, but here's previews for the new album Lingam. Sounds really nice!

I love how there's always a few albums coming out from the SP camp almost all at once. It's probably likely a new ohGr album is being worked on as well. Fucking love these dudes.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Skinny Puppy

And the thing about cEvin. He does so many different things at once. Aside from Puppy and Download, he has that project with Danny Carey. And usually, when there's new Download, some new PlatEAU is probably not so far behind. And I wouldn't be surprised by more ohgr either.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exilajei View Post
    Cool, but why don't they post the whole transcript? It's the internet, there's no word-count restriction.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=121111311990 I am selling Last Rights on vinyl if anyone is interested!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=121111311990 I am selling Last Rights on vinyl if anyone is interested!
    Is it that worthy now? I have it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by exilajei View Post
    Don't know how many of you are also into Download, but here's previews for the new album Lingam. Sounds really nice!

I love how there's always a few albums coming out from the SP camp almost all at once. It's probably likely a new ohGr album is being worked on as well. Fucking love these dudes.
    Thanks for the link! I preordered it earlier. Sounds pretty good! A new ohGr album would be really cool too.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    3 songs in, I'm loving it so far.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    This album sounds like 8-bit video game music, I LOVE IT!

This is totally classic Skinny Puppy! back to the weird electeronic noises and less guitar and bass. Best album since the Process, hands down, and i'm only 5 songs in as well!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tsudanama

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    New album is AWESOME!! Someone at Last.fm said pretty well that it sounds like they went back 30 years in time and brought all the new shit with them. I totally agree. And I think it's great that they just keep on making a better album after the previous. Mythmaker was better than TGWOTR, Handover was better than Mythmaker and now Weapon is better than any of those. Standouts to me were wornin', illisit, salvo, solvent, paragun, tsudanama and plasicage. Not many tracks even left. Also it was funny to notice that Terminal had clearly some stuff from Masked Ball from Eyes Wide Shut:

Someone at litany said that it's one of cEvin's favourite movies.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    dripping in the usual places.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    illisit and terminal are my favorites from this. Leaps and bounds better than hanDover dreamed of being.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Skinny Puppy

Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    dripping in the usual places.
    Wonder if it's a webrip.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Wonder if it's a webrip.
    Whatever it is, it's 192 kbps.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I guess whatever it is will have to do until either a better quality one comes around or release date.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Wornin', IllisiT, Solvent, ParagUn and Terminal are my favorite from Weapon. This really is a fantastic album. To me, this is easily their best work since Last Rights. I like Great Wrong... and HanDover (not a fan of Mythmaker) but they don't hold a candle to Weapon. The only song I haven't heard yet is Overdose.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm going to wait for a high quality version of that album. Besides, 192kps just doesn't seem right when it comes to Skinny Puppy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Download - YONI from the new album. Sounds great!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My favourite of the snippets, glad it was the track they chose to preview

There's been some better interviews with Ogre put up. The concept of making an album specifically to torture people with is... interesting. He confirms a new ohGr album is indeed on the way (this summer!), with a potential fall SP tour as well.
    Last edited by exilajei; 05-22-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The new Download track sounds very good! I'm looking forward to Lingam, already preordered it.

And really awesome if a new ohGr album is also coming up! Totally a year full of Skinny Puppy coming up then 8)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Officially out today!

After many listens, definitely the best of their post-reunion albums. Survivalisto is my jam.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I've heard it a few days ago and I like it. I'm glad they're making some strong music as they're just making this year seem really good.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    After first listen, not as good as TGWOTR but better than HanDover and Mythmaker. Holy shit, "solVent" rules!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Holy hell. I really have to stop living under a rock - once again I don't find out about a new Puppy release until after it's out. I should just make Litany my homepage or something.

Anyway, yeah - this album is amazing, and one of their best, IMO. paragUn makes me want to break things, so deliciously vicious. (Unintentional Infected Mushroom reference there, sorry.) I am looking forward to hearing this shit live.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    new Puppy album is fucking brutal...sounds like Ohgr + TGWOTR...fuckin techno club shit...gone are the days of Last Rights and Too Dark park....I know some Puppy purists who claim this record as worse than Process....that's saying something

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypayton View Post
    gone are the days of Last Rights and Too Dark park....I know some Puppy purists who claim this record as worse than Process....
    Sure, though as those purists have been pointing out, that's been the case since 1996. Anyone expecting Too Dark Park II: The Darkening from a new Puppy album is just setting themselves up for disappointment.