Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Skinny Puppy

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I actually thought mythmaker was pretty sick and dark.....new album is mostly dance/club oriented..ugh..Cev seems to be big into techno these days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exilajei View Post
    Tsudanama

Bump for this - hell yes. For me Paragun, Survialisto and Tsudanama are just a ridiculous peek to this album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tour!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    sad that i can't go, as Philly is the closest and that would be a bit of a haul, but i'm glad i got to see them last tour at least. well worth the price of admission.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Super pumped to see Lawrence Kansas on the list. I will definitely be going to that show.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Charlotte NC. Might try to go to that one!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    San Francisco for me. I am so pumped!
    This year I didn't get to go to many concerts due to my lack of a job/good job. I had to miss NIN and Dillinger which really sucked.
    But this is a great way to start my concerts off for 2014.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Still no love for mid Canada. Would love for a show to be in Edmonton or Calgary. at least they do Vancouver for their hometown.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StillWill View Post
    Still no love for mid Canada. Would love for a show to be in Edmonton or Calgary. at least they do Vancouver for their hometown.
    The sad thing is, it took 'em 2 decades to finally come back. For some reason they had a vendetta against Vancouver for the longest time and they stopped coming here in the 90's and 2000's. Then out of the blue for the 2009 In-Solvent-See tour they finally came back. It was a big deal at the time... Well, if you want to be technical, the show that broke the Vancouver dry spell was the OhGr show in December of 2008. That was his first time playing a show in Vancouver in something like 15-20 years, so it was a HUGE deal. It was that show that put us back on the map. Since then he hasn't skipped us on either tour with Skinny Puppy or OhGr.

Either way, super stoked about the show here, commodore ballroom is an awesome venue!

And if you really want to be technical, Calgary is actually OhGr's "official" hometown. Vancouver was just where he moved to bust into the music business and actually make it, and he did. The move worked for him.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm seeing this a lot lately, so I figured I'd ask... Why do people refer to Ogre as ohGr these days? I thought ohGr was just the name of his project with Mark Walk...
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 01-25-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Not sure. He still goes by Ogre. OhGr usually implies the project and not the person.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Posted to Litany with "1 1 1 8 1 3"

New video? Tour related? Cool regardless!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Oh my. Montreal? Yes please.

Cranking Too Dark Park at work as I type.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypayton View Post
    I actually thought mythmaker was pretty sick and dark.....new album is mostly dance/club oriented..ugh..Cev seems to be big into techno these days
    TBH, I prefer techno to most aggrotech/EBM/cybergoth ravey industrial crap that gets released these days, so I'm glad they didn't go down in that direction, at least. Das Noize Terror-X Infexon or whatever.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    New album is about as techno as Remission and Bites.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Here are a couple things,

first off, the official video to illisiT:

and an hour long webcam chat video with Ogre and Jason Alacrity:

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    illisiT is my favorite song off the new album so the music video is a perfect sight.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I first tried to get into SP with Bites and Last Rights back in 2001 or so (after hearing Assimilate and really loving it) , and was kind of put off. In the last year though I've gone through the entire discography and I'm finding that Last Rights is pretty well the only album I can't get into to a great extent. I don't think I was ready. Now I am. if I'd started with TDP or Rabies it'd have been a whole different story.

And for the life of me, Weapon kicks ass and I have Wornin, Paragun and Plasicage stuck on repeat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, Skinny Puppy is pretty fantastic and I'm glad they're still around. Need to break out the new album again after seeing that video...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Just in case anyone was interested, CEvin's girlfriend posted a picture of the merch girl with a pic of the tour merch and prices.

The tour kicks off tonight. If anyone is going, have fun! I'll be catching them on February 23rd.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    If I have time and am free, I'm going to that show on February 10th in Charlotte, NC.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    Just in case anyone was interested, CEvin's girlfriend posted a picture of the merch girl with a pic of the tour merch and prices.

The tour kicks off tonight. If anyone is going, have fun! I'll be catching them on February 23rd.
    Damn, there's some real good stuff there! Let's see... I think I want the "Guys pullover" and the "weapons tee" for sure. I'm not a hat person, but i'd even consider that hat with the logo on it, it looks awesome!

Managed to get tickets about 2 days before the Vancouver show officially sold out. I don't normally wait to buy concert tickets, but I had no idea the Vancouver show was selling that fast, as people here normally wait to buy tickets til the last minute (day of week before the event. I left it for about 2 months and then I went to buy a ticket through ticketmaster, and they were like "we're all sold out" and I was shocked. Started to panic... til I rememeberd there was a local CD store that was acting as a re-seller for the tickets too, called them up, and with my luck the guy still had a couple left. Ran down that very day to secure my tickets. Then there was the announcement like 2 days later that the show officially sold out.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 01-24-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Pretty good selection if I do say so myself.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Pretty good selection if I do say so myself.
    Agreed for the most part. Hopefully they'll switch things up a little bit though.

Spoiler: No Mind:TPI songs? Cool to see Plasticage on there though, that's my favorite from Weapon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Phoenix baby!! I'm also gonna try to do charlotte or atl since I live in Wilmington.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Nice

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Nice
    Im suprised Fox News weren't preoccupied with calling them Satanic communists or something

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by staleincense View Post
    Im suprised Fox News weren't preoccupied with calling them Satanic communists or something
    I just laugh at the fact a band I love to listen to and will see live in a week are considered "torture music" for supposed terrorists.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just laugh at the fact a band I love to listen to and will see live in a week are considered "torture music" for supposed terrorists.
    to be fair they also have been known to play stuff like sesame street songs turned up to extremely high volumes, so there's that