Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Skinny Puppy

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    This is a really well done interview

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Great show in Montreal the other night, got me a Shapes For Arms tee.

Nothing really prepared me for the insanity of Assimilate live. Easily one of the most active times I've ever seen the entirety of the crowd floor.

Hoping some live release comes from this tour; the Remission tracks are goddamned amazing in person.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post

Nothing really prepared me for the insanity of Assimilate live. Easily one of the most active times I've ever seen the entirety of the crowd floor.

Hoping some live release comes from this tour; the Remission tracks are goddamned amazing in person.
    I'll be seeing em later tonight. It's my first SP show so I'm not sure what it's going to be like, but I'm hoping it's everything everybody said it is. The past few nights they've played they've done both encores, so hopefully we'll get both.

I'm just going to grab a hoodie at the show because if I read right, when they restocked merch a few days ago, it was all printed on unisex shirts and I'm not a fan of how tight unisex shirts are.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Caught the show last night in Vancouver. It was a great show! I'm glad I didn't read any setlists or watch any videos/reviews of the shows before hand, it made the show that much more awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post

You said it!! That was the highlight of the show for me! That really got me (and the rest of the crowd) moving. The whole floor was swaying back and forth, it was the most movement from everyone from the whole night, and it sucks because then the show ended. I was totally in full blown dance mode and that point and I was like YES! Can't wait to dance to more. And the show ended...

The only piece of merch I was able to snag was the Hat with the logo on it. As the t-shirt I wanted (the weapon toor tee with the blue mechanical spider) was sold out.
    I had a feeling the merch I wanted was going to be sold out by my show as it was one of the last shows on the tour, and from my experience they always sell out of what I want on the end shows. Unless you're a band like NIN... They always seem to have an everlasting cardboard box of t-shirts for every day.

On that merch photo, there was also a longsleeve shirt if I recall correctly, and that wasn't there either.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I wish i could have caught them on this tour, Assimilate is friggin awesome and intense as hell live. Its like SP's HLAH

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Caught the show last night in Vancouver. It was a great show! I'm glad I didn't read any setlists or watch any videos/reviews of the shows before hand, it made the show that much more awesome.

You said it!! That was the highlight of the show for me! That really got me (and the rest of the crowd) moving. The whole floor was swaying back and forth, it was the most movement from everyone from the whole night, and it sucks because then the show ended. I was totally in full blown dance mode and that point and I was like YES! Can't wait to dance to more. And the show ended...

The only piece of merch I was able to snag was the Hat with the logo on it. As the t-shirt I wanted (the weapon toor tee with the blue mechanical spider) was sold out.
    I had a feeling the merch I wanted was going to be sold out by my show as it was one of the last shows on the tour, and from my experience they always sell out of what I want on the end shows. Unless you're a band like NIN... They always seem to have an everlasting cardboard box of t-shirts for every day.

On that merch photo, there was also a longsleeve shirt if I recall correctly, and that wasn't there either.
    The only long sleeves that were at the merch were the hoodies (zip up and pullover).

I ended up only getting the Live Shapes For Arms tour shirt (the one with the armless body on it). I wanted the zip up hoodie, but they were sold out of my size, so I just went with the shirt.

Assimilate was the most active song at the Lawrence Kansas with Worlock right behind. Other than those 2 songs, the crowd was pretty relaxed it seems. I'm more used to metal concerts and getting elbowed in the ribs every 5 seconds.

I met and took a pic with cEvin a few hours before the show too. Really chill and nice guy. He made me feel small which rarely happens as I'm 6'1. I got to speak to Ogre as well, but not for very long and he wasn't up for a pic since he was sick and we were standing out in 20 degree weather, so I don't blame him.

It was definitely a memorable show for me and a fantastic first live SP experience.
    Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 03-05-2014 at 08:38 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post

I got to speak to Ogre as well, but not for very long and he wasn't up for a pic since he was sick and we were standing out in 20 degree weather, so I don't blame him.
    He was still sick as far back as Lawrence? http://www.litany.net/ is reporting the Seattle show got jipped of the Encore because he was sick. I thought he just came down with something after Vancouver, because he was spot on during the performance at Vancouver, and we got the full show, double encore and all. I guess that's what touring will do to do... I think being sick and having to do a live show would be the WORST thing in the world. When I get sick I lose my voice completly and am a running tap of mucus usually for weeks to a month. Whenever I get sick I am thankful i'm not famous and on tour because I don't know how they do it!!! Total respect for a musican playing a gig sick.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I think The Process is my favourite SP album.
    "...the whisper winds blow the seeds of hate. Disturbed society..."
    Hearing Ogre's clean sung vocals for the first time really sent shivers up my adolescent spine.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    New tour this fall with VNV Nation, Haujobb and Youth code. This lineup looks KILLER!!
    Can't believe they are doing another North American run in 2014. They just toured these cities earlier this year... But, meh... i'm not complaining. This show will be ALOT of fun.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    New tour this fall with VNV Nation, Haujobb and Youth code. This lineup looks KILLER!!
    Can't believe they are doing another North American run in 2014. They just toured these cities earlier this year... But, meh... i'm not complaining. This show will be ALOT of fun.

not quite ALL of those cities. Some of us are still mad about the cancelled and not rescheduled philly date. So yay for that.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I'll definitely be hitting up the St. Louis show. Hopefully we'll get more heavier stuff (VIVIsectVI, Too Dark Park ect.) on this tour.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I'm a Too Dark Park man, myself. I may hit the Chicago show. I've never seen Skinny Puppy live.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Montreal twice in a year? Yes. Yes please.

Can't stress how absolutely insane the show was here last time. This time I'll be bringing a $20 along for the volume of Brap they sell.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I know eh? They skip Vancouver for 15 years and then come back twice in the same year? Must be making up for lost time.

I hate the Vancouver venue though, it's ALL SEATS! The whole goddamn bloody thing.
    This is not the type of show that should be at a seated venue... you can't dance when you are confined to your seat.

I have a feeling they did it because the last show in February took place at the Commodore Ballroom only can fit 995 people and it sold out, it was the fastest selling show on the tour, so they figured they needed a bigger venue, but Vancouver lacks decent sized mid-capacity venues that are close to the downtown core. The Queen Elizabeth theatre can seat 2929 people, which is quite alot. Not sure if there is that much demand for a show like this in Vancouver, but i'm sure they did their homework based on ticket sales and venue sizes in the area, so who am I to talk. I don't book shows.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    Hopefully we'll get more heavier stuff (VIVIsectVI, Too Dark Park ect.) on this tour.
    Lord knows I'm going to need it if I have to sit through VNV Nation.

Haujobb and Youth Code make up for it though!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Mythmaker is being re-released, remastered on CD and vinyl.

Kind of strange that they're remastering it, but I assume it has something to do with freeing the material from SPV.

Edit: Forgot they also re-issued and remastered TGWOTR. For anyone that has both, how does the mix compare? Is it just louder?
    Last edited by exilajei; 10-06-2014 at 12:21 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm going to the Chicago show next week. No Detroit date I HIGHLY encourage everyone on this board to try and see a concert on this tour. Skinny Puppy (especially) and Front Line Assembly are two of the most influential bands in the industrial genre. NIN would never have been the band it is today if pioneers like Skinny Puppy didn't exist first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll be at the Denver show on Dec. 12th. Can't wait! SP has been amazing every time I've seen them (2004, 2009, and Feb. of this year), and I'm really looking forward to seeing FLA for the first time. I don't care much for Haujobb, but Youth Code seems promising.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Saw them the other night in Montreal again. The stage set-up and antics are largely the same as the last go-around earlier this year, but it's still worth it, some variations in the setlist.

This was also my introduction to Front Line Assembly and that was some great stuff.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gladcarrot View Post
    I'm going to the Chicago show next week. No Detroit date I HIGHLY encourage everyone on this board to try and see a concert on this tour. Skinny Puppy (especially) and Front Line Assembly are two of the most influential bands in the industrial genre. NIN would never have been the band it is today if pioneers like Skinny Puppy didn't exist first.
    Tape and share PLZ, i love your work dude.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I'm really choked that VNV nation dropped off the bill and we're replaced w/ FLA. Not that FLA is bad or anything, but i've seen 'em live 3 times already. I was really looking forward to seeing a new industrial band for once. Oh well... I'm still hitting up the Vancouver date on the 16th. Looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was at the Denver show on Friday. It was amazing to say the least. I wrote a review here.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Youth Code wasn't allowed across the board for the Vancouver show, so they got left behind. But I have to say, this Skinny Puppy show has to be the best of the 3 shows i've seen. Not sure what it was, but they really nailed it on this one. I enjoyed the setlist A LOT more than the one they played earlier this year. Had a nice mix of songs spanning their discography where as the show in February focused mainly on material from Weapon. Not that I don't like Weapon, it's a great record. But last night's show was just so much better! The theatrics were pretty much the same. He wore the same outfits and stuff, but that's a minor complaint because the setlist was awesome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Saw them my 2nd time December 2nd, amazing show(s).

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    EDIT: OK... so, @Deepvoid technically already beat me to the punch and DID post this in the festival thread already... D'oh! Always check threads first to avoid doubling up on news. Either way... Original post follows

It probably makes the most sense for me to post this in the "festival thread", hell... I could post this in a million different threads on this board, but since Skinny Puppy were the first to share this on their facebook, I feel obligated to post it in the Skinny Puppy section, lol...

So, this festival looks pretty awesome. Lots of good stuff on here:

In Montebello, Quebec, Canada. June 18-21

http://www.amnesiarockfest.com/

Feel free to share or post this in any other corresponding thread on here you feel necessary.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 02-11-2015 at 11:46 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    lol there's a band called bookake

but yeah, great lineup, probably the best I've seen since hellfest last year

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Divorce fees. Hence touring and a $170 Record Store Day box.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've just signed up for the Tear Garden Pledgemusic project for a new album. For those that might not know - that's Cevin Key along with Edward Ka Spel and the Legendary Pink Dots. Celebrating 30 years as a group, apparently. I've not kept up with their recent work, but I can't imagine them ever not being good. So yes, all sorts of signed things and vinyl too. http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/theteargarden

Just for fun, here's a track from '96:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    In other related SP news - there's a new ohGr album coming, and also a new version of Welt with alternate versions of Welt songs and previously unreleased songs too. Thanks to Mark Walk for the info.

No concrete dates yet though.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilated View Post
    In other related SP news - there's a new ohGr album coming, and also a new version of Welt with alternate versions of Welt songs and previously unreleased songs too. Thanks to Mark Walk for the info.

No concrete dates yet though.
    Awesome news!
    W.E.L.T. is my favorite album from ohGr hands down.
    It makes me wonder if the alternate versions of the songs more closely resemble the original tracks that were lost in the fire that happened in the old studio.
    Last edited by ziltoid; 07-29-2016 at 03:22 PM.