Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Skinny Puppy

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Awesome news!
    W.E.L.T. is my favorite album from ohGr hands down.
    It makes me wonder if the alternate versions of the songs more closely resemble the original tracks that were lost in the fire that happened in the old studio.
    Can't say for sure, but it appears the version of Welt that was released is re-recorded songs, while the original was not released due to a label blocking it. They are apparently free from this label now and can do whatever they like with the recordings

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    W. E. L. T was awesome at the time, such a breath of fresh air

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The song "deviL" from that album pops into my mind at random and I don't mind one bit.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    cEvin Key has cancer.
    I honestly would not have found out if it wasn't for Facebook.
    I guess he is too humble to mentioned it to anyone and his friends had to step in on his behalf to spread the news.
    Just awful news I hope he recovers soon.
    His latest Facebook update
    Thank you so much for all the support you have all shown me. It's kept me alive and ticking. Had some more surgery today on my upper nose and forehead where they removed the feeder tube for my face graft. I realised today I'm am partially clone as my face and nose was once my forhead. So many people ask how did this happen. It's just not watching out when in the sun, so please take care. Thankyou again so much
    From his gofundme webpage that his friend set-up:
    https://www.gofundme.com/cevinkeycancerfund
    last month cEvin Key went for a routine skin exam and found out he had Basel cell Cancer in his face, as well as on his chest and back. The spots are very small, but upon surgery day for the facial cancer, cEvin found out that it had spread under the skin. He went into a 4 hour MOHS surgery and lost half his nose and a considerable portion of his cheek. Afterwards this was followed up by a 6 hour reconstructive surgery. Needless to say this was very unexpected and painful, also painful was recieving the bill afterward for care of $4900.00. This is not including the surgery he had today, or for the other 2 he needs to have removed. Its been a tough time, but many have offered to help, so I felt the best thing to do is make this campaign where you can support cEvin and his cancer removal. I cant tell you how much this will mean to him, as I know he was hesitant to ask for help. This could allow him to focus on his recordings and work and not be taken down by this financial worry.
    We have some rewards to offer that cEvin will sign and persoanlize to you for your help. any donation 40. and above please let us know what cd you're missing from our catologue and we'll see if we can help.. ANY help is greatly appreciated and will certainly make the differance in healing. Thankyou again for your consideration.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I seen photos of his face after reconstruction and he's look alright. There was a gofundme type thing to pay for his surgery costs and it was a goal of $4000.00. last I looked it was over $9200.00+ so well done seeing it's over $20k now!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I donated a nice sum to his GFM, even though the dude snubbed me outside the venue I saw SP at in 2009. I'm over it. Fuck cancer and I hope he's up on his feet recording more bad-ass headtrips like Dragon Experience and Music For Cats again soon

I recently picked up the blood-red vinyl reissue of SP's Weapon; I missed out on the original press in 2013 and it skyrocketed in price quickly thereafter. Really digging this reissue though. Now if we could just get a vinyl issue of the curiously CD-only Handover..

Also, I had no idea until last month that the WELT album was finally issued on vinyl. You can get that shit brand new for dirt cheap online, if anyone's interested:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/4248938?ev=rb

https://www.amazon.com/Welt-OHGR/dp/...ords=ohgr+welt

What happened?

LMFAO. I just bought one of the WELT vinyls using a $5.00 amazon coupon code. It cost me shipping only. Hilarious.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    SICK, i love this song

(worth going to youtube to watch)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    just purchased the greater wrong of the right live DVD and its blowing my mind! i havent bought a skinny puppy record in a long time, whats everyone thinking about the last 3 or 4 albums?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    just purchased the greater wrong of the right live DVD and its blowing my mind! i havent bought a skinny puppy record in a long time, whats everyone thinking about the last 3 or 4 albums?
    Great consistency and fun albums but does little to push envelopes or be mind melting as the 80’s/90’s output was.

Mythmaker is my favorite recent album by them.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    My favorite of the post reunion albums is definitely Weapon. Nothing groundbreaking and probably the closest they'll get to sounding radio friendly but it's still a damn good album.

And if you get the chance to see to see them live, don't even think twice, just go.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I really like handover. Couldn't get into mythmaker (The second half is better imo). Weapon is pretty solid. I think ohgr scratches the itch, though, when it comes to what I really want from puppy. I miss the out there stuff.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The fact that three different people gave you three different answers says a lot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I always found Skinny Puppy albums a little too dense to sit through for an hour. I love certain songs and the shorter EPs, but the full length albums felt like time was standing still after half an hour.

Weapon, however, won me over. The songs are solid and there's a great hooks in material that doesn't have me reaching for the skip button.

I'm certain this in blasphemy to fans of the past 30 years, and i guess that makes me some sort of lame-ass. Just an opinion from a new-er fan who didn't grow up on SP.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I really loved GWotR, hated Mythmaker, Handover is just okay and Weapon is pretty good.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    In my quest to make a car downpayment, i've decided to entertain offers on the SP holy grail. I'd appreciate serious enquires only here, and i'll ignore lowballs. Apologies for the spam, but i figured there's got to be a handful of SP fans here that understand what's on offer here.

https://www.discogs.com/Skinny-Puppy...elease/9794948

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vav View Post
    In my quest to make a car downpayment, i've decided to entertain offers on the SP holy grail. I'd appreciate serious enquires only here, and i'll ignore lowballs. Apologies for the spam, but i figured there's got to be a handful of SP fans here that understand what's on offer here.

https://www.discogs.com/Skinny-Puppy...elease/9794948
    $2000.00 is a bit steep for one album, no matter how rare or the fact it's a promo (and essentially the only one?).

Good luck with parting on it though for a solid price.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    $2000.00 is a bit steep for one album, no matter how rare or the fact it's a promo (and essentially the only one?).

Good luck with parting on it though for a solid price.
    Could be high, there's absolutely no sales data of this item to go on. I'm more than comfortable lowering to a proper market rate, there's just no data to go off of.
    Could be low too, $2k isn't even close to the highest price paid for SP memorabilia. Really, all i have to go on for ultra rare Puppy stuff is Track 10 ($200-$500), Full Artwork OG Last Rights ($200-$500), Addiction 12" Stampers (Couple grand) and Back & Forth OG cassettes ($1000-$3000.)

I got this from the guy who got it from the former Nettwerk Europe employee, and it's the only confirmed copy out there. But, like i said, i'm accepting offers too, and hopefully this brings another one out of the woodwork.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    If anyone needs a gatefold VIVI, there's a decently priced one up on ebay right now.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I hope we get a us tour in the near future, I haven't seen SP and I NEED to!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    An album will do just fine. Been long enough.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Both Vivi Sect Vi and Rabies are up for pre-order over a SRCVinyl - $28.99 each.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Both Vivi Sect Vi and Rabies are up for pre-order over a SRCVinyl - $28.99 each.
    I bought Mind: The Perpetual Intercourse and Cleanse Fold and Manipulate last year. They sounded good so I am sure these are comparable.

I definitely will get these! They're so close to a Too Dark Park release if they're going chronologically.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Damn I want to see this band live.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I bought Mind: The Perpetual Intercourse and Cleanse Fold and Manipulate last year. They sounded good so I am sure these are comparable.

I definitely will get these! They're so close to a Too Dark Park release if they're going chronologically.
    I read on the Litany forums that the recent reissues were straight up terrible so I stood away:

"So you know, the Nettwerk vinyl reissues of Remission and Bites (as well as this and the upcoming CF&M) were taken from ripping the CD (NOT from the original masters) and then tossing a cheap, set-it-and-forget-it compression filter to squish the sound into the sonic range of vinyl... and then a lame EQ boost in the bass to try to give it more oomph. THAT is what they are calling 'remastered'. The end result is a record that sounds far worse in every way than the original 1986 release.
    The astounding cheapness doesn't end there - the cover art is also NOT from the original artwork, it's just someone taking a scan of an original cover. The card stock its printed on is thin and cheap, also a little 'bumpy'. There is just a plain paper inner sleeve and no liner notes... or anything to make it special.

These Nettwerk reissues are, in no way, endorsed by Ogre or cEvin. They were not consulted."

With how much originals tend to go for, I certainly don't fault anybody, but figured I'd drop this in to share the info.

Also from poking around those parts, Ogre's just waiting for demos from Cevin, who's apparently pegged a few things he's done as potential SP candidates. Just a matter of time.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I read on the Litany forums that the recent reissues were straight up terrible so I stood away:

"So you know, the Nettwerk vinyl reissues of Remission and Bites (as well as this and the upcoming CF&M) were taken from ripping the CD (NOT from the original masters) and then tossing a cheap, set-it-and-forget-it compression filter to squish the sound into the sonic range of vinyl... and then a lame EQ boost in the bass to try to give it more oomph. THAT is what they are calling 'remastered'. The end result is a record that sounds far worse in every way than the original 1986 release.
    The astounding cheapness doesn't end there - the cover art is also NOT from the original artwork, it's just someone taking a scan of an original cover. The card stock its printed on is thin and cheap, also a little 'bumpy'. There is just a plain paper inner sleeve and no liner notes... or anything to make it special.

These Nettwerk reissues are, in no way, endorsed by Ogre or cEvin. They were not consulted."

With how much originals tend to go for, I certainly don't fault anybody, but figured I'd drop this in to share the info.

Also from poking around those parts, Ogre's just waiting for demos from Cevin, who's apparently pegged a few things he's done as potential SP candidates. Just a matter of time.
    Guess I’m not that much of an audiophile because they have a good output sound on my system. No surface noise audible and no issues with mixing. It’s a repress and wasn’t used from masters so that’s expected. I’m not paying 500.00-1000.00 for albums.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Good to know new material is in the pipeline

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Guess I’m not that much of an audiophile because they have a good output sound on my system. No surface noise audible and no issues with mixing. It’s a repress and wasn’t used from masters so that’s expected. I’m not paying 500.00-1000.00 for albums.
    Just to be clear, I'm really not trying to shit on your purchase. I was just very surprised to see the reissues garnering any kinda praise whatsoever. Hell, I don't have a high-end setup, for I know they'd sound great on mine. *Shrug*

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Just to be clear, I'm really not trying to shit on your purchase. I was just very surprised to see the reissues garnering any kinda praise whatsoever. Hell, I don't have a high-end setup, for I know they'd sound great on mine. *Shrug*
    Didn’t say you were. I remember the announcement last year that the band weren’t involved and it was up in air of the quality. I don’t mind the purchase and it’s good to throw out the info again.