Likes Likes:  0
Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Facebook Integration

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    the damn MySpace API is giving me problems, but I assure it's coming! when it does we're also changing the name of the forum to myETSpace

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    question, i clicked the "i fucking hate facebook" option but i'm still seeing the facebook "like" button on the top of threads. MAKE IT GO AWAY =[

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    question, i clicked the "i fucking hate facebook" option but i'm still seeing the facebook "like" button on the top of threads. MAKE IT GO AWAY =[
    I know, I haven't done that part yet haha.

Done...thanks for reminding me

Also, some interesting stats:
    • 116 people are Facebook connected
    • 74 hate Facebook
    • 2 are Facebook connected and hate Facebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbron View Post
    I don't like linking social networks. Things like the constant Getglue, Foursquare and Tumblr posts on Twitter make me wish I could unfriend half of my feed*. I know the "liking" is different, but unless it's a link to some specific article, it's just another "Hey everyone! I'm on this other social platform as well and I think you should know... blah blah blah!"

I prefer the anti-social part of social.

*without also missing the content that most of these users post that I enjoy and appreciate.
    What's the difference between a website auto-posting where some is or what they are watching and you constantly posting what food you're eating?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfoot View Post
    What's the difference between a website auto-posting where some is or what they are watching and you constantly posting what food you're eating?
    To me there's a big difference. All of these "check-in" apps have their own friend system built in. If I'm using one and want to know what others are doing, whether it's what they're watching or where they're shopping, I'm already adding them withing that app. I use Foursquare, a lot, and I occasionally browse through my list of Foursquare friends to see what they've been up to. I do not have any interest in a Twitter feed full of the same info.

If you'd like, I can start posting photos of EVERY meal I eat, instead of a handful each week. ;) That's what GetGlue and other apps do. I may rave about a TV show or movie I just saw, but I'm not polluting anyone's feed with an hour by hour account of my every move. If someone wants that, the info is out there, on a network made specifically for that. I don't need to bombard them with auto-posts from multiple apps.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    To me there's a big difference. All of these "check-in" apps have their own friend system built in. If I'm using one and want to know what others are doing, whether it's what they're watching or where they're shopping, I'm already adding them withing that app. I use Foursquare, a lot, and I occasionally browse through my list of Foursquare friends to see what they've been up to. I do not have any interest in a Twitter feed full of the same info.If you'd like, I can start posting photos of EVERY meal I eat, instead of a handful each week. That's what GetGlue and other apps do. I may rave about a TV show or movie I just saw, but I'm not polluting anyone's feed with an hour by hour account of my every move. If someone wants that, the info is out there, on a network made specifically for that. I don't need to bombard them with auto-posts from multiple apps.
    Marry me.o.gif

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heroicraptor View Post
    Marry me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I didn't know the lyrics!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To me there's a big difference. All of these "check-in" apps have their own friend system built in. If I'm using one and want to know what others are doing, whether it's what they're watching or where they're shopping, I'm already adding them withing that app. I use Foursquare, a lot, and I occasionally browse through my list of Foursquare friends to see what they've been up to. I do not have any interest in a Twitter feed full of the same info.

If you'd like, I can start posting photos of EVERY meal I eat, instead of a handful each week. That's what GetGlue and other apps do. I may rave about a TV show or movie I just saw, but I'm not polluting anyone's feed with an hour by hour account of my every move. If someone wants that, the info is out there, on a network made specifically for that. I don't need to bombard them with auto-posts from multiple apps.
    Fair enough, to me they aren't really different because it's mostly all info I don't care about anyway, so I just ignore it. I'm not complaining that you post about food all the time, I was just using it as an example. I just ignore posts when people update with things I don't care about. I've come to accept that that is a part of Twitter and social networking as a whole. I'd rather not have Spotify update everyone on what I'm listening to constantly, but I want to have access to the playlists they create and the songs they star. I don't use FourSquare so I don't know how that works, but GetGlue has the option not to post to other social networking sites. And for me, I don't check GetGlue's site to see what my friends are up to, so it's nice sometimes to see that Zimb0 is watching an episode of something I watch and then I can talk to him about it.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfoot View Post
    Fair enough, to me they aren't really different because it's mostly all info I don't care about anyway, so I just ignore it. I'm not complaining that you post about food all the time, I was just using it as an example. I just ignore posts when people update with things I don't care about. I've come to accept that that is a part of Twitter and social networking as a whole. I'd rather not have Spotify update everyone on what I'm listening to constantly, but I want to have access to the playlists they create and the songs they star. I don't use FourSquare so I don't know how that works, but GetGlue has the option not to post to other social networking sites. And for me, I don't check GetGlue's site to see what my friends are up to, so it's nice sometimes to see that Zimb0 is watching an episode of something I watch and then I can talk to him about it.
    Yeah. It's not a huge deal to me. I have unfollowed people in the past who's social networks were used more for auto-posts from other services than actual discussion. I'm with you regarding just ignoring much of what's in my Twitter feed. I'm pretty good at picking out the good stuff. Sadly, I do miss a few good posts from time to time, but I can't read it all

I suppose this discussion has gone way off topic, but it's a fun chat. Long story short, I use Twitter much more often for actual dialog with others and that's where it works well.

Anyway, FACEBOOK CAN LICK MY BALLS LOL! ;)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    to me there's a big difference. All of these "check-in" apps have their own friend system built in. If i'm using one and want to know what others are doing, whether it's what they're watching or where they're shopping, i'm already adding them withing that app. I use foursquare, a lot, and i occasionally browse through my list of foursquare friends to see what they've been up to.

c-r-e-e-p.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    c-r-e-e-p.
    Last edited by johnbron; 12-06-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Psh, 6 hours? Slowest speed of light ever.