Page 61 of 101 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 3008

Thread: Deftones

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Nice car ride.
    I only ask because I wanna soak it all in as best as I can. Album stands as my least familiar Deftones album, so I want to see how it stands up next to my first listen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have been listening to the Deftones since hearing "Teething" on "The Crow:City of Angels" soundtrack. I bought it for new songs from White Zombie and Filter...
    Ended up thinking the best track on the CD was some band I'd never even heard of called the Deftones. Got a copy of Adrenaline...
    Been one of my favorite bands ever since. "Gore" was the first new Deftones album I didn't download when it leaked since well...
    Since, well since downloading leaked albums became the norm in the '00s around White Pony era! I didn't even listen to the single!
    I don't know why I'm telling you this since it's not really relevant, but I will say I couldn't take "Gore" out of my CD player
    for MONTHS. Even the newest Tool album isn't having that effect on me, and Tool has been my favorite band since I heard "Ænima"
    back in 1997. I fucking love that album (Gore) I know it has it's detractors, but I listen to lots of different types of music
    not just "heavy" music and there is something about "Gore" that just made it seem like something special,a side of the Deftones that we never got to hear , and
    from the fact they barely ever play it, (even during the actual "Gore" tour !) I highly doubt we ever will again... oh well. I fucking
    love ALL their albums so I'll be OK. Srsly there isn't a Deftones album I don't srsly love. When most fans were whining about the self-titled
    album back in 2003 I was loving it... to simply answer your question: smoke a bowl, dim the lights and wear your best pair of headphones... and
    Enjoy !
    Last edited by Diamondj1983; 09-05-2019 at 05:36 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondj1983 View Post
    I don't know why I'm telling you this since it's not really relevant, but I will say I couldn't take "Gore" out of my CD player
    for MONTHS. Even the newest Tool album isn't having that effect on me, and Tool has been my favorite band since I heard "Ænima"
    back in 1997. I fucking love that album (Gore) I know it has it's detractors, but I listen to lots of different types of music
    not just "heavy" music and there is something about "Gore" that just made it seem like something special,a side of the Deftones that we never got to hear , and
    from the fact they barely ever play it, (even during the actual "Gore" tour !) I highly doubt we ever will again
    Gore > Fear Inoculum

Yea, I said it

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Gore > Fear Inoculum

Yea, I said it
    to everyone who disagrees with us, i say

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    @eachpassingphase You like heavy Deftones or no?
    I'm thinking I dig the heavier stuff more so far.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    favorite heavy (in my view) deftones songs:

fireal
    lotion
    elite
    street carp
    when girls telephone boys
    hexagram
    rapture***
    CMND/CTRL
    leathers
    goon squad
    gore

i tend to like the prettier stuff but their heavier stuff is so good and i just love this band so much

***this one is probably my #1 heavy deftones song

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Holy shit... So after finally sitting down with Gore, I can now say it is tied for my second favorite Deftones album. I went back a few pages and found that I said I needed to sit down with it again last year. It's heavy, intimate, and spaceyyyy. The fact that every track bleeds into themselves just makes it that much more immersive.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I don't know... I have been listening to their discog again and initially enjoyed Gore but now it's not doing anything for me. There's not enough variation imo.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    I don't know... I have been listening to their discog again and initially enjoyed Gore but now it's not doing anything for me. There's not enough variation imo.
    This is what I like about it though. It doesn't stray away from anything else than what it wants to be. It definitely has to fit what you are feeling at the time, and you can tell they knew exactly what they wanted to do with it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Gore would have better better received had the production been a bit better. It includes some outstanding songs though.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Gore would have better better received had the production been a bit better. It includes some outstanding songs though.
    I have to agree with this. I’d listen to album more if chino didn’t sound like he was singing in the middle of an empty school hall.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I think the production is great. It suits the vibe they were going for. They weren't trying to make the typical Deftones record, but inspired by the production of music they're influenced by. It is meant to be big and cavernous.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I think the production is great. It suits the vibe they were going for. They weren't trying to make the typical Deftones record, but inspired by the production of music they're influenced by. It is meant to be big and cavernous.
    This. You stole my words lol.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i love that aspect of it...i just wish the drums & guitars weren't clipped through a good portion of the album

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Like I said in the previous post, when Gore was first released I was just getting back into Deftones so I think the hype and newness of the record swayed me toward a favorable opinion. It doesn't really hold up for me anymore. Kind of wish they had gone full shoegaze like Prayers/Triangles. Also, I listened to it after White Pony and the self titled so that could have had something to do with how I felt about the album this time. The production is definitely a problem. Everything sounds flat and lifeless.

Also, I'm not sure if this bugs anyone else but I am seriously triggered every time I hear that click snare during the verses in Hearts/Wires. Completely ruins the track for me. Something about it sounds artificial and it's mixed so fucking loud.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    The fact they play 0 songs from Gore tells you all you need to know about how they feel about it. To me it sounds more like another Palms record. It reeks of all Chino and no Stef with Chino indulging in his shoegaze dreamy post rock stuff (and the godawful Morrissey impressions he does at times on the record). Its a passable Deftones album, the same way Interpols 2010 S/T album is passable....But still rock bottom of their discography. They need to bring the teeth back for this new record (which I think they will).....Their 2003 album is my favorite because its their heaviest and some people hate that record so to each his own

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My mind is SOOO confused! Change is my favorite Deftones songs, not even Britney can ruin it. His other mashups are kinda fun too. Tool and Taylor Swift!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    My mind is SOOO confused! Change is my favorite Deftones songs, not even Britney can ruin it. His other mashups are kinda fun too. Tool and Taylor Swift!
    ruin​ it??? toxic is an AMAZING song, and this mashup is SO GOOD

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ruin​ it??? toxic is an AMAZING song, and this mashup is SO GOOD

Whenever this thread gets updated, my heart rate raises a little. Looking forward to an album or tour.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I dunno about that mashup... It honestly hurts my ears *shrugs*.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Their 2003 album is my favorite because its their heaviest and some people hate that record so to each his own
    Going through another listen of their discography after the process of ripping the CD's, but I can't see the Self-Titled being unseated. "Anniversary of an Uninteresting Event"... I just started listing songs and realized this might be a perfect album.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    If you're doing the maths..

Tomorrow marks 3.5 years since Gore was released, which means that in 6 days, this new album will take the title for the longest gestating Deftones record ever. Diamond Eyes previously held that record, arriving 3.5 years and 4 days after SNW. And that creative duration involved an entire album being scrapped due to a band member getting injured and eventually dying..

So yea, this new record had better be KNY/ATF levels of excellence, with all the time they've had to create it..

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    So yea, this new record had better be KNY/ATF levels of excellence, with all the time they've had to create it..
    I wouldn't be holding my breath. See what happened with Tool (I'm a big Tool fan, Fear Inoculum was excellent, BUT is below their best work, Lateralus and Aenema), amount of time between records is not equal to amount of work in between records, and even then, amount of work devoted to a particular album is not equivalent to quality of the album. By your logic...there were 2.5 years between Diamond Eyes and KNY, and to me KNY is their best album. And 2.5 years doesn't seem like long!

With that being said, I feel like they are going to release something stronger than Gore.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    well this just happened

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    well this just happened

Oh wow, I'd have never thought in a million years this would occur. Beautiful to hear this live!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    That's a legit setlist: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/defto...a-39d11ab.html

The most interesting one I've seen them play in a while! Opening with Rickets, MX, Romantic Dreams, Street Carp, Prince, of course Smile, Birthmark Would had been awesome to be there.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    opening with Rickets is def. a way of sending a message that this will not be your ordinary show.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    Oh wow, I'd have never thought in a million years this would occur. Beautiful to hear this live!
    Eros...finally after all this time is it going to happen?