Engine No. 9
    Rivière
    Change (In the House of Flies)
    Tempest
    Poltergeist

Bored
    Root
    7 Words
    That's a great setlist. Nice to see Bloody Cape in there.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    One of the times I saw Deftones, I think it was during the Diamond Eyes tour? When they toured with Dillinger. But they had a section of the set at that show where they played FOUR self titled tracks consecutively. Couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    One of the times I saw Deftones, I think it was during the Diamond Eyes tour? When they toured with Dillinger. But they had a section of the set at that show where they played FOUR self titled tracks consecutively. Couldn't believe what I was seeing.
    I remember a similar experience w/ Adrenaline era songs around that time.

It wasn't 4 consecutive but I remember them opening w/ Diamond Eyes and going straight into Birthmark which was a pleasant surprise, and then also playing Minus Blindfold and Root at some point in addition to the not obscure Engine # 9 and 7 Words.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    I remember the entire (small) venue being a mosh pit during BQAD.
    Showbox SoDo is basically in a warehouse... What do you mean small venue?! Regardless, glad you had a good time.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    Showbox SoDo is basically in a warehouse... What do you mean small venue?! Regardless, glad you had a good time.
    i thought he meant the joint on 1st near pike place. saw lcd soundsystem there years ago. now that would be a kick ass place to see a deftones show.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I think there’s (bizarrely) two Showboxes in Seattle, and both are tiny. Remember seeing APC at one of them a decade ago and it was basically a large bar. Capacity was just over 1,000. Definitely wasn’t a warehouse.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I think there’s (bizarrely) two Showboxes in Seattle, and both are tiny. Remember seeing APC at one of them a decade ago and it was basically a large bar. Capacity was just over 1,000. Definitely wasn’t a warehouse.
    Yes. Showbox SoDo which is by the stadiums and in a warehouse, as I mentioned. I wouldn't call that tiny by any means. I also can't stand that venue. Showbox at the Market which, as the title suggests, is next to Pike Place Market, and is rather small, but it is my favorite venue in Seattle both for quality of sound and the vibe. I love going to shows there.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Yes. Showbox SoDo which is by the stadiums and in a warehouse, as I mentioned. I wouldn't call that tiny by any means. I also can't stand that venue. Showbox at the Market which, as the title suggests, is next to Pike Place Market, and is rather small, but it is my favorite venue in Seattle both for quality of sound and the vibe. I love going to shows there.
    Yeah, I meant the SoDo one, and for me that one is a small venue, not tiny like the Pike Place one but still a kinda intimate place for a show (again, Pike Place is top for intimacy). But yeah, it sucks for point of vision and sound...but the vibe there that night was just right!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Fair enough. You can't deny a good vibe wherever it may be.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I think I brought this up before, but has anyone ordered B-Sides & Rarities from Amazon within the last 2 years, and it didn't come with the CD? Completely empty tray.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I'm a huge Deftones fan, but I've never liked them live. I have no idea why, I feel like they're better on headphones for some reason.
    Funny, i used to think like you.

I first saw them live back in 2004 (Self Titled tour) and it sucked, both the audio and the band felt off, i was so disappointed, because it was my fist time seeing them.
    Second time was in 2011 (Diamond Eyes tour) and it was so much better (the band, the sound, the flow...), i agree that Sergio Vega gave new life to the band.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I've only seen them once, in 2016, and they sounded great. I just wish my recorded hadn't glitched out causing me to loose the first third of the show.
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 04-16-2020 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Damn small keyboard on mobile

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    According to Abe, they are currently mixing their new album (in isolation), and they will be hosting some livestream events on twitch, starting tomorrow (Friday) at 8PM PT with Frank Delgado doing a DJ set, here: https://www.twitch.tv/deftonesofficial

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Frank's DJ Set yesterday KILLED, this is the set: https://www.reddit.com/r/deftones/co...et_megathread/

Seriously, these guys have the best taste in music, I've said it before in this thread, check out Frank's and Chino's playlists on Spotify. He was going to finish the set at around 11:30 CST (it started at 10 pm) with NIN - We're in This Together (he mentioned 'last song' in the chat) but then said something like "fuck it let's keep going", I tuned out at around 00:30 because I went to bed but apparently I only missed two songs. No one asked him about the new album, which was good, most of the comments on the chat were about people being thankful about the set, yesterday here in my bedroom I felt like I was in a club on a Friday night, so thanks to Frank and the band for doing an effort to keep us sane. Apparently Sergio is doing an event (DJ set? I don't know) on Tuesday, and then someone else from the band is doing next Friday.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Cool, although it's poor quality and doesn't really tell us much.

I recently found out about a Charlie Clouser remix of My Own Summer. Where can I get that? I've only seen it on promos like this one.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Cool, although it's poor quality and doesn't really tell us much.

I recently found out about a Charlie Clouser remix of My Own Summer. Where can I get that? I've only seen it on promos like this one.
    Here's a YouTube upload of that promo if you just want to listen until you can find a copy of it:
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 04-30-2020 at 06:37 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Here's a YouTube upload of that promo if you just want to listen until you can find a copy of it
    Does it only exist officially on those promos?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Does it only exist officially on those promos?
    According to Discogs, yes. It pulled up the version on The Matrix soundtrack, but I tracked that down and it's the album version.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Bah. New album was expected this summer but now, who knows.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Lame

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Zane Lowe: What was the inspiration behind working with Terry Date again, after 17 years?

Chino: I think we, as a band, just got tired of hearing about people on the internet who have bitched incessantly about the production and the mixing of the last four albums, and figured bringing in Terry would give them what they want so they shut the fuck up and just enjoy the music, which always sounds perfectly fine to us..

Seriously though, it makes perfect sense to sit on this until they can support it. How many hundreds of thousands of dollars would they leave on the table by just dropping a new album with no promotion, tour, support, etc.

That being said, now would be the perfect time to, uh, y'know, release that other album they've been sitting on for the past 12 years, that makes no sense to support..
    Last edited by Prettybrokenspiral; 05-04-2020 at 03:22 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Zane Lowe: What was the inspiration behind working with Terry Date again, after 17 years?

Chino: I think we, as a band, just got tired of hearing about people on the internet who have bitched incessantly about the production and the mixing of the last four albums, and figured bringing in Terry would give them what they want so they shut the fuck up and just enjoy the music, which always sounds perfectly fine to us..

Seriously though, it makes perfect sense to sit on this until they can support it. How many hundreds of thousands of dollars would they leave on the table by just dropping a new album with no promotion, tour, support, etc.

That being said, now would be the perfect time to, uh, y'know, release that other album they've been sitting on for the past 12 years, that makes no sense to support..
    I've heard complaints about Gore, but not about the other three. Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan sounded outstanding though.

It will get released when it gets released, I guess. Touring on an album is going to bring in the revenue, after all.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Bah. New album was expected this summer but now, who knows.
    I say: release it anyway, there's always time for promoting it later...

...I don't want another Eros

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    I've heard complaints about Gore, but not about the other three. Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan sounded outstanding though.
    Same. He's exaggerating his point to make people side w/him. Gore sounds like shit...muddy and with not enough punch. It was their choice to do that, and no one liked it. Considering tons of your fans have good taste & know what they're talking about, take your lumps & move on. Don't make it like the overwhelming consensus about the production of Gore was wrong.

Initially, I think I remember some complaints about Koi No Yokan re: loudness wars, but thats everywhere.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Same. He's exaggerating his point to make people side w/him. Gore sounds like shit...muddy and with not enough punch. It was their choice to do that, and no one liked it. Considering tons of your fans have good taste & know what they're talking about, take your lumps & move on. Don't make it like the overwhelming consensus about the production of Gore was wrong.

Initially, I think I remember some complaints about Koi No Yokan re: loudness wars, but thats everywhere.
    on CD, in general, deftones stuff is REALLY heavily compressed in the mastering process. but on vinyl there's a lot more dynamic range and the mixes sound great. even gore sounds a bit better on vinyl, though there's still quite a bit of high-end oversaturation.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    there's still quite a bit of high-end oversaturation.
    pretty sure I heard someone say the same about your mother.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Except I love Gore, especially for the fact it doesn't sound like the rest of Deftones albums production-wise.

As for their albums, be sure to listen to their original masters, not the terrible remasters they put out digitally. Sadly, I believe they swapped out their original masters for those god awful remasters on streaming services. They're brickwalled to shit and quite grating on the ears.

I mean, it's really bad...

ELITE (Original Master on top, Remaster on bottom)

MINERVA (Original Master on top, Remaster on bottom)
    Last edited by neorev; 05-05-2020 at 12:01 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    pretty sure I heard someone say the same about your mother.
    nah, she's got it on the low-end