Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 1990

Thread: Deftones

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Holy shit... So after finally sitting down with Gore, I can now say it is tied for my second favorite Deftones album. I went back a few pages and found that I said I needed to sit down with it again last year. It's heavy, intimate, and spaceyyyy. The fact that every track bleeds into themselves just makes it that much more immersive.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't know... I have been listening to their discog again and initially enjoyed Gore but now it's not doing anything for me. There's not enough variation imo.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    I don't know... I have been listening to their discog again and initially enjoyed Gore but now it's not doing anything for me. There's not enough variation imo.
    This is what I like about it though. It doesn't stray away from anything else than what it wants to be. It definitely has to fit what you are feeling at the time, and you can tell they knew exactly what they wanted to do with it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Gore would have better better received had the production been a bit better. It includes some outstanding songs though.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Gore would have better better received had the production been a bit better. It includes some outstanding songs though.
    I have to agree with this. Iíd listen to album more if chino didnít sound like he was singing in the middle of an empty school hall.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    I think the production is great. It suits the vibe they were going for. They weren't trying to make the typical Deftones record, but inspired by the production of music they're influenced by. It is meant to be big and cavernous.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I think the production is great. It suits the vibe they were going for. They weren't trying to make the typical Deftones record, but inspired by the production of music they're influenced by. It is meant to be big and cavernous.
    This. You stole my words lol.

Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    i love that aspect of it...i just wish the drums & guitars weren't clipped through a good portion of the album

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like I said in the previous post, when Gore was first released I was just getting back into Deftones so I think the hype and newness of the record swayed me toward a favorable opinion. It doesn't really hold up for me anymore. Kind of wish they had gone full shoegaze like Prayers/Triangles. Also, I listened to it after White Pony and the self titled so that could have had something to do with how I felt about the album this time. The production is definitely a problem. Everything sounds flat and lifeless.

Also, I'm not sure if this bugs anyone else but I am seriously triggered every time I hear that click snare during the verses in Hearts/Wires. Completely ruins the track for me. Something about it sounds artificial and it's mixed so fucking loud.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    The fact they play 0 songs from Gore tells you all you need to know about how they feel about it. To me it sounds more like another Palms record. It reeks of all Chino and no Stef with Chino indulging in his shoegaze dreamy post rock stuff (and the godawful Morrissey impressions he does at times on the record). Its a passable Deftones album, the same way Interpols 2010 S/T album is passable....But still rock bottom of their discography. They need to bring the teeth back for this new record (which I think they will).....Their 2003 album is my favorite because its their heaviest and some people hate that record so to each his own