Page 1 of 101 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Deftones

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Deftones

Since there's no thread I could find, figured I'd start up the new ETS version with some insane, if not completely new to everyone, news:

Chi has begun to emerge from his coma; can lift his legs on command and is making sounds.

Don't you give up, man.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I used to love these guys in middle school, especially those first three albums, but haven't checked back in that much. I listened to Saturday Night Wrist once and thought it was good, but kind of forgot about them. How have the albums been since White Pony in your guys' opinion?

Speaking of White Pony, part of the reason I want to get back in to them was because I listened to it maybe about a month ago and forgot how much I loved it and I thought it holds up extremely well. I honestly think that it's one of the most underrated and misunderstood albums in some time. Loved "Knife Prty", "Digital Bath", "Street Carp" and "Elite" and think the rest of the album is very good. Some of my appreciation for them stems from the Metal Evolution episode on nu-metal. I was glad to see Chino looking slim again.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Thanks for posting this OCT. Amazing. He's gotta pull through!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    My fav Deftones album is Around the Fur. I think WP has some fantastic moments and some of the band's best songs, but as a whole I find its flow disrupted. The self-titled was, and remains, a crushing disappointment, though it has some incredible sounds on it. Saturday Night Wrist I listened to non-stop for a few days, then turned from it and have not been back. The new one has some bite to it, but I can't really love this band much anymore. Planning on revisiting Adrenaline soon: I loved that album to death back in 95.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Holy shit. That's really fucking awesome about Chi! That makes me so happy.

Deftones are one of my favorite bands. I love them. White Pony is my favorite album of theirs. I also don't understand why everyone hates Self Titled so much. I think that album is massively overlooked. Some of the darkest, heaviest stuff they've ever done lies on that album. In fact, I think that Battle-Axe is one of their best songs.

But Kid, if you're getting back into Deftones, be sure to check out Diamond Eyes. It's incredible. Super fun album. They took the Chi shit and made probably the most cohesive album since White Pony, and probably the most positive sounding album yet.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I think they get better with every album... although I think White Pony and Adrenaline are lacking compared to Their Predecessors. Their writing and musicianship has matured a lot over the years, and I even really like their often betrothed self titled. I think its a highlight....
    Always wished Eros would see the light of day. that one song, Melanie, they used to play from it kicked ass all over the place. Glad chi's getting back up

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Only album I can't really get behind is Adrenaline. I started with Around the Fur, then White Pony. Adrenaline was just too different I guess. White pony remains my favorite though. A nice mix of around the fur and the things to come in the future albums. Diamond Eyes is a very solid album. The chi stuff definitely brought that out.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    They should (should've) released Eros and gave all of the money towards Chi's recovery.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    They should (should've) released Eros and gave all of the money towards Chi's recovery.
    They should, yes, but I understand why they haven't released it. I remember interviews saying that it was a really dark album, so I could see them not wanting to release a dark angry album in favor of a more positive sounding one, to help them cope with Chi.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I could cope with it though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Good news about Chi and I'm surprised we didn't have a Deftones thread on here. Odd!

I've been a fan of this band for awhile...a long while. 2001 or so. I was eleven then...hot damn.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Good news about Chi and I'm surprised we didn't have a Deftones thread on here. Odd!

I've been a fan of this band for awhile...a long while. 2001 or so. I was eleven then...hot damn.

Me too! Very long time. Much before my interest in NIN. I think the reason we didnt have a thread before was due to Crosses....

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I got into Deftones about the time Around the Fur came out. Everyone drooled over that album, but it is one album I don't really listen to all that much anymore. I have been going back to Saturday Night Wrist to be honest and man, I forgot how many good songs came off of that album. Self-Titled will always be my favorite.

Deftones
    Diamond Eyes
    Around the Fur
    SNW
    White Pony
    Adrenaline

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Day 1 http://t.co/QK8OH6qE -- Deftones (@deftonesband)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Eros? Is that's what's up?

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Hope so, i heard Chi is getting better, i loved "Diamond Eyes" but im so curious about Eros

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Guys this isn't Eros. Eros won't be released until Chi is fully awake, which could be a VERY long time. This will be a brand new Deftones album.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Indeed, I don't remember where but I remember reading that they would be hitting the studio to record a new album around this time of the year.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by profane View Post
    Indeed, I don't remember where but I remember reading that they would be hitting the studio to record a new album around this time of the year.
    Chino recently confirmed it in an interview. But he originally said in July. This is obviously WAY earlier than that, which is very exciting. We'll possibly have the new album before originally expected.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    ..And he said in an interview that Team Sleep is alive and well!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Screw Team Sleep!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I don't think is +++ (crosses) either, maybe is a new Team Sleep record like you guys said but i prefer a new Deftones cd

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    given that the picture was posted on the official Deftones instagram account, i don't see why it would indicate anything other than that Deftones are going into the studio.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    ^ Thank you.

Crackas, please.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    so? bands post shits about their other bands all the time

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    so? bands post shits about their other bands all the time
    i was just saying that, given that ††† have their own instagram account, it's unlikely that the Deftones instagram would be posting anything other than Deftones stuff. i wasn't arguing with you.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    Screw Team Sleep!
    Neverr!! I had an obsession with them for a while. The lack of new music besides "Inside is Natural" that was randomly posted on their bandcamp site I actually really enjoy.

http://www.thrashhits.com/2011/03/te...-via-bandcamp/

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Not a fan of Chino's side-projects: the best Team Sleep song was the one with Mike Patton.
    +++ or whatever hasn't grabbed me either.
    But I will check out a new Deftones album: Diamond Eyes was their best since White Pony.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Not a fan of Chino's side-projects: the best Team Sleep song was the one with Mike Patton.
    I think that would be Kool-Aid Party. Love that song.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    anything mike patton touches is pretty much golden.