Page 94 of 101 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,820 of 3008

Thread: Deftones

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    What's the extended, alternate Beware like?

I've got the ordinary album one that's 6:01, always was intrigued by that short passage of music that occurs at 5:33 onwards, wasn't it once the tour opening music for the band when they went onstage or something? Sure I heard a full version of it once on youtube somewhere.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    There's a different cut of Beware and edit of Pink Cellphone? I did not know this.
    The Pink Cellphone in the CD I own cuts at 3:58 of the following clip, the version I listened to on Apple Music goes on (glad to have the CD version I have)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The original leak of beware basically has the breakdown at the end occuring earlier on in the song, before the chorus resumes, I think.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Firmly and confidently will place Genesis in my top songs of the year now.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    The Pink Cellphone in the CD I own cuts at 3:58 of the following clip, the version I listened to on Apple Music goes on (glad to have the CD version I have)
    I mean it explains my teeth at least

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post

The edited version is on the censored/clean version of the CD...
    https://www.discogs.com/Deftones-Sat...elease/2151040

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    This just got released recently.....1992 pro shot...This is hard to watch. Chino singing reggae songs and doing all this rap rock shit. I doubt anyone at that club in 1992 ever could have predicted just 5 short years later this band would release the masterpiece known as ATF

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    lmao I never ever ever thought we’d see an actual live clip of Chino doing “Answers”. This is surreal as fuck..

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    This is a totally OK performance. I mean, they're what, 18 to 20 years old here? Everyone's gotta start somewhere. Not more embarrassing then TR's 80s cover bands or 1989 Smashing Pumpkins pretending to be The Cure

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    White Pony 20th Anniversary Super Deluxe is on sale for $85.80 right now and for who knows how long? It is eligible for Prime shipping.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    White Pony 20th Anniversary Super Deluxe is on sale for $85.80 right now and for who knows how long? It is eligible for Prime shipping.
    Not shipping to my location, fuckin' bummer!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Two unreleased remixes from Telefon Tel Aviv and Arca coming for Record Store Day

https://twitter.com/deftones/status/1379865728422060032

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Pic disc. Whyyyyy

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firewlker View Post
    Two unreleased remixes from Telefon Tel Aviv and Arca coming for Record Store Day

https://twitter.com/deftones/status/1379865728422060032
    That TTA take on Digital Bath sounds better than the DJ Shadow remix! Looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    They are still at it with these lame ass White Pony remixes? Eros sits in a vault somewhere while they waste their time with this nonsense

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    They are still at it with these lame ass White Pony remixes? Eros sits in a vault somewhere while they waste their time with this nonsense
    Are you ever positive? I feel like any time I see you post it's some sort of nag.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I would bet money that if Eros ever was actually released, it would most certainly not live up to your expectations and you'll probably end up thinking it sucks.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    -absolutely impossible to live up to the hype at this point

-judging by smile and melanie, probably just mostly sounds like any other deftones album

But I do agree with the sentiment of preferring hearing regular deftones stuff to remixes.
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 04-08-2021 at 02:38 AM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I would bet money that if Eros ever was actually released, it would most certainly not live up to your expectations and you'll probably end up thinking it sucks.
    Considering I think the entire Deftones discography is flawless, I have a hard time believing that an album they worked on a year after the SNW era (their best album) would suck

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    If it were worth anything they would have released it. Pretty sure it was Abe who said a lot of it was either used for other songs or scrapped because it wasn't very good.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    The one song we have heard "Smile" is pretty damn impressive

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Im sure it's it's fine. I'd love to have a studio recording of Melanie, that's genuinely a favorite of mine but we just have these like 3 shitty recordings

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I finally got around to listening to the WP 20th anniversary remaster and wow. How the fuck do you ruin a previously-excellent production like this? It's SO much brighter and I have to listen at a much lower volume because otherwise cymbals are like needles of treble-powered hatred piercing my ears. This didn't even expose any previously-unheard layers or provide any deeper "look" into the album like a good remaster should. It's just fucking louder.

The original mastering is vastly superior. IMHO OFC.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    I finally got around to listening to the WP 20th anniversary remaster and wow. How the fuck do you ruin a previously-excellent production like this? It's SO much brighter and I have to listen at a much lower volume because otherwise cymbals are like needles of treble-powered hatred piercing my ears. This didn't even expose any previously-unheard layers or provide any deeper "look" into the album like a good remaster should. It's just fucking louder.

The original mastering is vastly superior. IMHO OFC.
    Yup, it's absolutely f %$king grating. Horrendous. Even more scary, the remaster from 2016 is even worse. The 2016 remaster is even louder. I did a comparison a few pages back between the original vs 2016 vs 2020 masters. The original master is vastly superior. They bricked it to shit.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Truly amazing a band who seemingly puts so much time and effort into creating atmosphere releases remasters like this.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Just barely made it through the Jasta podcast with Steph. That dude is a moron.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I know I'm a little late to the party here but I finally listened to Ohms last week and loved it and put it on again this morning; this album is fantastic. I honestly think it's their best release since White Pony but I haven't spent a lot of time with their catalog after the eponymous release. I hated that one and just wrote them off at the point for about 17 years...

But I guess given how bored I am with everything, no better time than now to give their entire catalog another deep listen.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Spend some time with SNW, KNY and Gore and it will start to come into focus what a bland, uninspired and overpolished borefest Ohms is in comparison..

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Of course at the end of the video I was reminded of the Radiohead - Just video. From one of the YouTube comments of the video 'The old lady at the end said “Eros will never be released'. Great clip! Also, the Stephen bit reminded of Dune, the gom jabbar test.

Last edited by cahernandez; 04-21-2021 at 11:20 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I still love the shit out of this album, sorry not sorry...

Also: i was happy to see the a "Deftones chick" back again in their videos