Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 3008

Thread: Deftones

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    I REJECT BOTH SIDES OF WHAT I'VE BEEN TOLD

lol
    Chino's just stating that he's a no-Earther. It's not flat, it's not round, it's just not there. We're all simply floating off in the ether.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I still think Ohms is a solid album.
    Deftones doing what Deftones does.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    There is 100% proof the Earth is not flat. If it was, cats would be pushing everything over the side.

Does anyone want to start a "The Earth is a triangular prism!" conspiracy with me?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    There is 100% proof the Earth is not flat. If it was, cats would be pushing everything over the side.

Does anyone want to start a "The Earth is a triangular prism!" conspiracy with me?
    I am into it! But can we incorporate some hollow earth theories into it please?

Deftones covering The Cardigans is one of my favourite things.
    It has a few quintessential nu metal ingredients without sounding silly.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I thought I’d catch up on Deftones last night and put Gore on Spotify (which i don’t regularly use) but it switches to the single off ohms after the first gore track. What a boner killer. Is Spotify always this shit?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I thought I’d catch up on Deftones last night and put Gore on Spotify (which i don’t regularly use) but it switches to the single off ohms after the first gore track. What a boner killer. Is Spotify always this shit?
    Maybe something in your settings? Are you playing Gore from the specific album listing? The way it should work (or at least how mine does) is it should play the album you have displayed, and then it will be some kind of random playlist with whatever alogorithm they use thinks you'll like based on that album. There is a way to turn that feature off.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Maybe something in your settings? Are you playing Gore from the specific album listing? The way it should work (or at least how mine does) is it should play the album you have displayed, and then it will be some kind of random playlist with whatever alogorithm they use thinks you'll like based on that album. There is a way to turn that feature off.
    The free version does not allow you to listen to full albums in the intended order anymore.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    The free version does not allow you to listen to full albums in the intended order anymore.
    Huh, well isn't that some shit lol. I pretty much always skip ahead to another song before it's done with the current song because a) last fm will still scrobble it and b) it bypasses the forced ads. Unless they caught onto that, too. That blows.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Huh, well isn't that some shit lol. I pretty much always skip ahead to another song before it's done with the current song because a) last fm will still scrobble it and b) it bypasses the forced ads. Unless they caught onto that, too. That blows.
    if you listen to spotify on your computer (through their desktop app) you can listen to albums in order for free

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    if you listen to spotify on your computer (through their desktop app) you can listen to albums in order for free
    Ah okay, yeah that's how I do it. I only use Spotify (free) at work really. iPod/apple music for home.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    One of my friends who is a hardcore Deftones fan was telling me how much he hates Ohms. He also thinks Gore is the biggest shitbomb ever. In his eyes, the band is finished since they have released 2 albums in a row he thinks suck. The last 2 albums seem to have followed the same path. The first week everyone loves it and then when the excitement wears off, the fanbase turns and says its a giant piece of shit.....Might be time to release Eros to shut everyone up

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    One of my friends who is a hardcore Deftones fan was telling me how much he hates Ohms. He also thinks Gore is the biggest shitbomb ever. In his eyes, the band is finished since they have released 2 albums in a row he thinks suck. The last 2 albums seem to have followed the same path. The first week everyone loves it and then when the excitement wears off, the fanbase turns and says its a giant piece of shit.....Might be time to release Eros to shut everyone up
    I love how suddenly it's "cool to hate" The Deftones, if they don't like them anymore they can fuck off and let the rest of us enjoy.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Hardcore Deftones fans get an artsy, abstract album that sounds like nothing else in existence:

"Waaaah! What's this shit? Not heavy enough. Muddy drums. He sounds like Morrissey. Waaaaah!"

Hardcore Deftones fans get a standard, boilerplate album that sounds like Adrenaline 25 Years Later and/or Diamond Eyes Jr.:

"Waaaah! This shit sucks! It's too heavy. All the songs sound the same. Stef's a flat-earther. Waaaaah!"

lmao fuck this band's fanbase..
    Reminds me of another fanbase

NIN releases 'The Fragile"
    NIN fanbase "What is this shit? Its all weird and abstract. No catchy songs."
    NIN releases With Teeth
    NIN fanbase: "WTF is this shit? The songs are too catchy. Why isn't it weird like The Fragile."

NIN releases Hesitation Marks
    NIN fanbase: "What is this? Trent mumbling over low tempo songs. Why isn't it aggressive? Sounds like HTDA with TR on vocals"
    NIN releases Not The Actual Events
    NIN fanbase: "Why is it so noisy? Its too loud and aggressive"
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 11-17-2020 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yes this is what happens when you remove all nuance from criticism and take multiple competing opinions and treat them as though they are coming from the same person.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ohms is my favorite album since Saturday Night Wrist. I did like Diamond Eyes a lot, though that felt a little safe. My favorite album overall is still White Pony.

The "Passenger" remix that just came out is pretty mediocre. I expected better.

I wished that someone from Depeche Mode or Massive Attack would've remixed a song on Black Stallion.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Yes this is what happens when you remove all nuance from criticism and take multiple competing opinions and treat them as though they are coming from the same person.
    I, for one, am also tired of these nonsense straw man arguments.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

SHOULD I IGNORE THE FASHION OR GO BY THE BOOK?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Chino's wife on instagram telling people Stef is a Trump supporter and calling him a pothead.....This should end well

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Reminds me of the time Chino threw Gore under the bus...

In other thoughts, I wonder how them releasing Ohms when they can't tour on it will impact any new music from the group.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really want a new Crosses album. Just listened to it recently for the first time in years & forgot how damn good it was.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graz View Post
    I really want a new Crosses album. Just listened to it recently for the first time in years & forgot how damn good it was.
    New Crosses, new Team Sleep and new Palms. Everything this man touches turns to gold!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Does Shaun Lopez do music anymore? He used to namedrop Chino all the time on fb every time they hung out. He hasn't mentioned Chino in a fb post for like 2 or 3 years. All Shaun posts on fb anymore are Richard Patrick style political tirades and rantings saying how Trump supporters are horrible pieces of braindead garbage and considering half the Deftones are Trumpers (Abe/Stef/) and Chinos bff Tommy Vext is a huge Trumper, and Chino seems to hate both sides, I wonder if there could be trouble in paradise w him and Shaun.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Does Shaun Lopez do music anymore? He used to namedrop Chino all the time on fb every time they hung out. He hasn't mentioned Chino in a fb post for like 2 or 3 years. All Shaun posts on fb anymore are Richard Patrick style political tirades and rantings saying how Trump supporters are horrible pieces of braindead garbage and considering half the Deftones are Trumpers (Abe/Stef/) and Chinos bff Tommy Vext is a huge Trumper, and Chino seems to hate both sides, I wonder if there could be trouble in paradise w him and Shaun.
    You know, you keep mentioning that Abe is a trump supporter yet i tried to look for anything about it and found nothing. Care to share were you found that out?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    New interview about White Pony

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/wh...al-masterpiece

Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    You know, you keep mentioning that Abe is a trump supporter yet i tried to look for anything about it and found nothing. Care to share were you found that out?
    Someone in the Deftones camp told me that on fb

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    New Crosses, new Team Sleep and new Palms. Everything this man touches turns to gold!
    he must not have touched the last two Deftones albums

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Abe has been one of my favorite drummers for basically my whole life. If that's true... It's a real blow.

I can maybe forgive Stef a little for being such a goddamn stoner, just being so far gone, tossing it in with the flat earth stuff just turns it into a joke. But trumpism is a truly terrible thing at it must be shunned wherever it appears. Even in my favorite bands. Maybe it's easier now because I still haven't clicked with ohms. And now I probably won't because I'll be hung up on this

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Listened to Ohms last night for the first time in weeks. I totally dig it. Not sure who so many are coming down on it. It sounds like vintage Deftones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Based on my own research, Stef wore a Trump Golf Course hoodie in a band photo before Trump was president. That is the only thing I can find linking him to Trump. I hardly think of that as any confirmation of his political beliefs. Plus he is a regular on the Dr. Greenthumb podcast, who are all Anti-Trumpers. Sure his flat earth beliefs are ridiculous, but that is hardly any reason to crucify the guy. I have no idea about Abe, but a private Facebook message from an unnamed source is not really a confirmation of anything in my book. Can we please keep politics out of this thread & keep it about the music?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graz View Post
    Based on my own research, Stef wore a Trump Golf Course hoodie in a band photo before Trump was president. That is the only thing I can find linking him to Trump. I hardly think of that as any confirmation of his political beliefs. Plus he is a regular on the Dr. Greenthumb podcast, who are all Anti-Trumpers. Sure his flat earth beliefs are ridiculous, but that is hardly any reason to crucify the guy. I have no idea about Abe, but a private Facebook message from an unnamed source is not really a confirmation of anything in my book. Can we please keep politics out of this thread & keep it about the music?

Stef or Abe? Chino's wife said Stef was a Trumper last week on an IG post replying to some fan who asked her about it. I would say she's a reliable source. Abe was the one who I received a PM on fb about. It wasn't a nobody. It was someone who worked with the band and is good friends with Chino (and also told me not to spread it around because Chino hates political talk and the last thing he wants is everyone in the bands political beliefs to be public record)

I would rather talk about how Ohms is the best thing they have done since SNW

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I would rather talk about how Ohms is the best thing they have done since SNW
    I got lost to U, U, D, D last night during a smoke sesh and realized how fucking solid of an instrumental it is. Being a fly on the wall when this was recorded...

Also, Ohms title track is still a banger and one of the better tracks off of the album.