Thread: Deftones

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    It is a bit disheartening when I see bands say "well what sense does it make to put the album out if you can't support it". That to me translates to, the music don't mean shit, we just wanna get paid. I don't know. The Beatles put out their best shit when they weren't touring. Band's don't "NEED" to tour for their fans to enjoy the music.
    That's easy to say when the majority of people do not buy the music they listen to anymore. Comparing the time when Beatles released music to the landscape now is comparing apples to oranges. Back then, an artist could actually make money soley on album sales. The Deftones have to put in the work touring and playing every night so they can actually see a reaction from the audience to their album. Plus make some money to support their families. Now, everyone Spotifys everything thinking they're actually supporting the artist. They're not. Let's drop money to record and bust my ass for 6 months to a year putting all my energy into writing an album you'll love so someone can Spotify it for less than a penny. I'm sorry, but they've got a point. And the only ones to blame are the listener because they're too cheap to buy music and support the artists they say they they love. The listener's cheapness has turned the music industry into an all you can eat food buffet.
    Last edited by neorev; 05-14-2020 at 07:44 AM.