Page 8 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Deftones

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Oddly their "B-Sides & Rarities" album is a good place to start; it has all "kinds" of Deftones: "nu-metalish", "screamish", "quietish" plus 3 acoustic versions of their most well known songs and 8 cover songs that show how they appropriate contemporary songs to their style plus there's a DVD with all of their videos at the time!
    I absolutely love the Be Quiet and Drive acoustic version. Finally just ordered B-Sides from amazon cause all I ever had were downloads of some of the songs, also realized that I never actually bought Saturday Night Wrist so I ordered that as well along with pre-ordering the new one.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Smart buys! and speaking of... im so hyped for Koi No Yokan that i just bought tickets to watch them live, they are playing in my hometown on November 2nd (Dia de Muertos by the way)

I saw them back in 2010 and it still bring me memories, im still hoping for "Beware" in their Mexico set

Let the good times roll!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Frozen Beach - When being suggested too many different things, fear not in starting from the start, but be sure to go all the way.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Someone FINALLY ripped Rosemary from the tour cassette. Mind you, it sounds like shit, but it's the best we've got so far.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The intro reminds me A LOT of Taproot's "Blue-Sky Research/What's Left".

This album sounds so dark from these three songs. This is great.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yep, that sounded terrible. But hot damn is this another awesome song!! I'm calling Koi No Yokan my album of the year. It better live up to my ultimate expectation!

Deftones always manage to amaze me. I usually never have high hopes, but each time they release a new single before a new album, it's way beyond anything I could have imagine. That's just great! That's what I wish all the bands I listen to would do. Deftones just never seem to be able to deceive me. Even if I didn't like Saturday Night Wrist as much as their other albums, there are still a couple of impressive songs (Hole in the Earth, The Earth, Combat, etc...)

Hot damn!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I started with White Pony, and that album still amazes me. I think it's their best. I got Around the Fur soon after, loved it too.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Deftones and Chevelle are some of the only bands in my musical tastes that never disappoint me as far as an album goes.

I think "Rosemary" despite the quality is my favorite of the three songs so far. Ugh LEAK!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    This sounds awesome (even if the quality is bad). 3/3 so far!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Maybe it's just my initial excitement over the 4 songs so far, and I guess time will tell, but I'm feeling like Koi No Yokan could actually end up being the best Deftones album.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Annnd theres no one arguing oger the sentimentality of cassette. At all. Deftones go hipster.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    4-6 weeks to deliver Koi No Yokan LE to Australia AND $16.50 for shipping. Not to mention they try to fob us off to the European store to begin with. Considering it will be for sale in Australian stores for $19.99, fuck that.

Fix that shit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I didn't know where to post this, and it doesn't sound like Deftones.

Mike Shinoda feat Chino Moreno

Anthony Green (Circa Survive) feat Chino Moreno

Crosses (Chino's side project)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Thanks, never heard these tracks before! Pretty good stuff. I actually think I hear a loop of Chester in the background in the end??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    So guys, I've ignored Deftones for too long. Where's a good place to start?
    Just in case you haven't already done this. White Pony was mentioned a couple times in with a few others, but it really is their best album according to most of their fanbase along with being the work that every other piece of music they ever release will be compared with in terms of quality.

And no I'm not asking for a debate on if it's their best, it's just widely considered their best.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    I didn't know where to post this, and it doesn't sound like Deftones.

Mike Shinoda feat Chino Moreno

Anthony Green (Circa Survive) feat Chino Moreno

Crosses (Chino's side project)
    Never liked +++ (Crosses) i think it was interesting and different, but it didn't appeal to me, i like Team Sleep a lot more...
    The Antony Green track is odd! i don't know whether i liked it or hated it...
    The Shinoda track is really good, i'll download the soundtrack right away!
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 10-22-2012 at 08:23 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

There's a cleaned-up version of Rosemary. Still not great quality, but much better.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This is ....VERY... strange review, but fuck it, I'm so excited to hear this record that I'll accept it.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/10/23...-koi-no-yokan/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This is my favourite sentence from the review:

Each is an Olympic vault to a higher creative plateau, a depiction of this band getting awesomer at a new awesomeness, and a plunge into the depths of consciousness’ oceans.

I love that review.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    It was strange review indeed, but it served his purpose now i want to listen the album even more!
    If half of the stuff he says it's true it may be very well be the best Deftones album!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    So I had downloaded Saturday Night Wrist when it came out when I was a poor college student and I remember not liking it. Just bought it the other day and I love every damn song. Weird thing is even as songs were starting I knew I liked them. There's something wrong with my brain. Anyway, that album kicks all kinds of ass.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Best version of Rosemary so far!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Can we just fast forward to November 13th? i want this album so bad!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    It's released a week earlier in Germany, so I suspect we'll have it sometime next week. SO EXCITED.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Shit, Hurricane Sandy and a Nor'easter are supposed to collide this upcoming week and the show is on tuesday!! If this show gets cancelled I am going to be so pissed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Boston and NYC shows are postponed due to the hurricane according to deftones.com. New dates will be announced soon. Sucks but I guess it's better than trying to get the show in this weather.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    would be quite difficult since all NYC transit as well as Long Island transit is shut down

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    STILL hasn't leaked, BUT I give you.... 30 seconds samples!
    http://www.amazon.fr/gp/recsradio/ra...=001&track=001

My excitement just went through the stratosphere after hearing these samples

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Entombed!!! OMGGG! This is gonna be grand.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I'm really liking how Goon Squad is sounding. And that bouncy ass riff in Swerve City, OMG.