Page 80 of 101 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,400 of 3008

Thread: Deftones

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Well, this is awesome from them...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Fuck the drumstick count in in Genesis is amazing...makes me feel amped up!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Just got a mail notifying me due to distributor warehouse shipping delays, I now have an estimated date of...Oct. 23rd.

*Covering eye with hand*

ARRRRR SHIVER ME TIMBERS TILL THEN

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Not sure if anyone's seen it, but there's a fake edition of Eros up on a site that deals with new album releases and it's full of mashups and fan made tracks except for Smile. Just so no one gets excited.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Just got a mail notifying me due to distributor warehouse shipping delays, I now have an estimated date of...Oct. 23rd.

*Covering eye with hand*

ARRRRR SHIVER ME TIMBERS TILL THEN
    sorry... I myself got an email that my order is being prepared for shipment so it's out there and a leak must be imminent.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It's like pictures of the CD liner notes imminent lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    How the hell has this not leaked yet!?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It apparently leaked just now...

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yeah it's leaked on FB gotta wait for one of the places to get it. Can't get in the group

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Apparently Kingdomleaks made some kind of agreement with Deftones' management to not put the leak up until Thursday?? Can't tell if they're trolling lol. The leak is out there though

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Well I hope someone is feeling generous because I'm fucking losing it lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    LOL, it leaked on Facebook. I can’t find the group though. Ugh.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Ok.

This is a very different Deftones album for sure.

Also the mixing issue from gore is not hear lol

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Where is it?

Edit: Diving into it after this smoke sesh ; I need a win today.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 09-22-2020 at 10:38 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Having just finished it...
    Think Ohms the single, think Xenon... I think a lot of this would be comparable to gore if gore was properly produced. Genesis and Radiant city are the only two songs that fall firmly with in Deftones expectations. I definitely get the impression that Stef and Abe are both having more fun this time, especially now that I can hear Abe... He has a lot to do, plenty of flourishes and fun sections for him.

Overall I feel like it's different enough that I couldn't place it on a list. It will stand out in their discography I'm the same way self titled does or gore... It's on kind of a diametric, fresh direction.

I do think I really liked it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The only copies I can find out there are all 192 kbps. Is this what the leak is? If so, nah I'll wait two more days.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Would someone be so kind as to help me out? I'm excited to hear this finally

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    the only copies i can find out there are all 192 kbps. Is this what the leak is? If so, nah i'll wait two more days.
    192 wma.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Oh I searched my Soul and found it...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I'm on Ceremony and the little "Ooooo" bridge... the vocals... the bassline, you can hear everything clearly you Gore haters and this isn't a clear rip .

Stef back y'all...

@Prettybrokenspiral Really hope you like The Spell Of Mathematics because I think it is one of the best tracks they've ever done.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 09-23-2020 at 12:56 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I caved, and yeah all the hype is completely warranted. This album fucking RIPS. So many things of note on just the first listen. The fucking jazzy outro with the finger-snap choir, the way the chorus guitars drop in in The Link Is Dead that literally feels like the sound of when a roller coaster drops down a huge free fall. How Error sounds like Life Is Peachy era Korn mashed with White Pony era Deftones. Frank's INSANE amount of participation on this record, like seriously, this has to be the most he's ever been utilized and homie is firing on all cylinders here. Abe also is dropping some of the best drum takes of his career. Like... it's almost unbelievable that this is the same band that put out GORE four years ago. They have GOT to do a live stream even man. It is fucking tragic that these songs won't get played live for people until potentially next summer.

My genuine only complaint about Ohms after my first completely reactionary run through is that I just don't like how sudden and quick the fade out is at the end of Ohms. But do the last 2 seconds of an album matter? Fuck no. This album is so fucking solid.

EDIT---

Also, Pompeji sounds like what THE Deftones would perform at the Roadhouse in Twin Peaks. What a beautiful song.
    Last edited by richardp; 09-23-2020 at 01:05 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I caved, and yeah all the hype is completely warranted. This album fucking RIPS. So many things of note on just the first listen. The fucking jazzy outro with the finger-snap choir, the way the chorus guitars drop in in The Link Is Dead that literally feels like the sound of when a roller coaster drops down a huge free fall. How Error sounds like Life Is Peachy era Korn mashed with White Pony era Deftones. Frank's INSANE amount of participation on this record, like seriously, this has to be the most he's ever been utilized and homie is firing on all cylinders here. Abe also is dropping some of the best drum takes of his career. Like... it's almost unbelievable that this is the same band that put out GORE four years ago. They have GOT to do a live stream even man. It is fucking tragic that these songs won't get played live for people until potentially next summer.

My genuine only complaint about Ohms after my first completely reactionary run through is that I just don't like how sudden and quick the fade out is at the end of Ohms. But do the last 2 seconds of an album matter? Fuck no. This album is so fucking solid.

EDIT---

Also, Pompeji sounds like what THE Deftones would perform at the Roadhouse in Twin Peaks. What a beautiful song.
    There is so much to dive into here... It almost does the album a disservice to listen to it like this. The structures, the cohesiveness the band gives off this time, everyone shines here. Live stream... PLEASE.

- Headless and The Spell of Mathematics is on another fucking planet.
    - Pompeji drifting, then fading into This Link Is Dead is haunting.
    - Error sounds like Adrenaline and White Pony mashed together for me.
    - Ceremony does some stuff I've never heard in a Deftones song but they should have left the Ooo's out at the end.
    - Urantia could fit right in on Gore.
    -Radiant City you could throw into any of their first three major albums imo.
    - Releasing the first and last track makes a bit more sense now.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 09-23-2020 at 01:28 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I want to re assert that I think this has a lot of Gore DNA, and that this would be easier to recognize if there wasn't for the infamous mud on Gore's sound. Gore is much beloved to me. Doomed User is maybe a top 5/10 Deftones track, and gore, geometric headdress... Good stuff.

So far I think my least favorite track on this is This Link is Dead, which is surprising because of the way so many reviewers highlited it. But I find it quite underwhelming. I'm not super thrilled about the title track either but I do like it.

I suppose most of my favorites on here are the more typical Deftones tracks like Ceremony, Pompeji (didn't someone say this was the albums Sex Tape? Liars!) radiant city, And Genesis. Urantia is also a hightlight for me, which is funny because I really didn't like it when Abe was leaking it on their YouTube a while back. Headless is maybe a grower but Deftones songs for me have a tendency to lock their relative positions in my mind after about a month. That said Gauze didn't get my real appreciation until like a year ago.

Error stands out to me because I think it has a solid first part but the ending portion/second half I found a little annoying. Also it sounds a lot like that Viking led Zeppelin song lol

Overall this album hasn't grabbed me in the same way that others have but I think a lot of that is my expectations being subverted more than usual which... Even gore fell squarely within my expectation. The last time I was really surprised was self title and to a lesser extent, diamond eyes.
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 09-23-2020 at 02:06 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airbornefeline View Post
    Apparently Kingdomleaks made some kind of agreement with Deftones' management to not put the leak up until Thursday?? Can't tell if they're trolling lol. The leak is out there though
    Slightly off topic but I'm kinda annoyed KL is still where most people go for leaks and there isn't a better alternative. The site is trash and the community is trash.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Have to admit, it's kind of hilarious to see some of these fan reviews on reddit and elsewhere bemoaning this new album for sounding "too Deftones" and too familiar..

We got the weird, artsy no-wave album that completely stands apart in their discography last time and people couldn't get their heads around it. The production wasn't to their taste, the songs weren't heavy enough, the songs were too weird..I honestly believe that if Steph hadn't have made those comments prior to Gore that he was disengaged for most of it, people would see it in a much grander fashion. It dumbs down the open-mindedness of the band's fanbase when 25 years in, the majority of fans just seem to want More Adrenaline or Diamond Eyes II, skip the eccentricities please..

You didn't seem to have that with the NIN EP trilogy three years ago; fans were mostly onboard for all the newness that material brought. Even the much-maligned Hesitation Marks has its share of fans..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Someone PM the goods to me?? Please

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Have to admit, it's kind of hilarious to see some of these fan reviews on reddit and elsewhere bemoaning this new album for sounding "too Deftones" and too familiar..

We got the weird, artsy no-wave album that completely stands apart in their discography last time and people couldn't get their heads around it. The production wasn't to their taste, the songs weren't heavy enough, the songs were too weird..I honestly believe that if Steph hadn't have made those comments prior to Gore that he was disengaged for most of it, people would see it in a much grander fashion. It dumbs down the open-mindedness of the band's fanbase when 25 years in, the majority of fans just seem to want More Adrenaline or Diamond Eyes II, skip the eccentricities please..

You didn't seem to have that with the NIN EP trilogy three years ago; fans were mostly onboard for all the newness that material brought. Even the much-maligned Hesitation Marks has its share of fans..
    Just wait, they'll be praising Gore soon. You just can't satisfy some people.

I ain't gonna ruin my first listening experience with a 192 file. Will wait for a proper copy.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Found this on another site...

Wish I still lived in New York, I would've had this album last week thru my indie shop connect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    *listens to spell of mathematics"

Oh my god, that might have been the best Deftones song ever.

*5 mins later*

Holy shit, Pompeji is DEFINITELY the best Deftones song ever.

I cant get Pompeji off of repeat. Oh my god.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've always loved Deftones lyrically, but my first impression here is that they really outdid themselves in that department. Absolute chills from how some of these lines hit. To me, this is the perfect balance of Deftones aggression and experimentation. It's gonna be a top 3-4 Deftones album for me, I have no doubts.