Page 69 of 101 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 3008

Thread: Deftones

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I used a free cue splitter program along with Notepad to edit a custom cue file, which allows me to split MX and Damone into separate tracks and remove any useless silence. I've done this with all my digitized CDs with hidden bonus tracks. It is easy to do and works perfect.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I used a free cue splitter program along with Notepad to edit a custom cue file, which allows me to split MX and Damone into separate tracks and remove any useless silence. I've done this with all my digitized CDs with hidden bonus tracks. It is easy to do and works perfect.
    Oh for sure. Logic’s Strip Silence feature also works well here.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Oh for sure. Logic’s Strip Silence feature also works well here.
    With cue splitter, I simply type in the time of the tracks in my Notepad custom cue sheet, MX begins at 0:00:00, type whenever the silence begins as track 2, then when Damone begins as track 3. Click split, done. A single track now becomes 3 split tracks with the silence as its own track that you can delete and you've got MX and Damone perfectly split without having to actually open the file and delete the silence yourself and resave them. You can even enter artist, track, and album name in the info so the split files have the info.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    With cue splitter, I simply type in the time of the tracks in my Notepad custom cue sheet, MX begins at 0:00:00, type whenever the silence begins as track 2, then when Damone begins as track 3. Click split, done. A single track now becomes 3 split tracks with the silence as its own track that you can delete and you've got MX and Damone perfectly split without having to actually open the file and delete the silence yourself and resave them.
    I am neurotic and would need to know *exactly* when the silence and Damone starts to the XX:YY:ZZ (and its respective zero crossing) hence why I’d use an audio editor with a visual waveform

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    The previous, shorter article you posted on metalinjection (which I also read) says that the apparent discord was nothing but "rumours". However, those statements were made by the photographer himself. That's not a rumour. He may have embellished her feelings of encroached upon, but why would he make himself look bad?
    Are there any other articles confirming that Kosick ACTUALLY said that? I only seem to be able to find it in that one Revolver article, and that could easily be a journalist trying to stir up some controversy. Maybe I'm just naturally skeptical. I recall reading more articles of Lisa saying that any bad rumors aren't true (or maybe I've just read that one interview so many times that I've confused myself) than Kosick saying what he may or may not have said.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    Are there any other articles confirming that Kosick ACTUALLY said that?
    I don't really know. However, the interview was supposedly with Kosick himself, and he's never spoken out against it for defamation. I'd say it's real.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    I don't really know. However, the interview was supposedly with Kosick himself, and he's never spoken out against it for defamation. I'd say it's real.
    Fair point. I'd certainly want to clear that up if I never said anything like that. Although, I suppose, in his defense, that time period was filled with using women with "big tits" for any purpose, so, if he did say that, he probably didn't think his words were so inflammatory and was just going for the "allure" factor, as bad as that sounds.

Edit: I retract that defensive statement. I failed to notice that that article was from 2013.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 06-24-2020 at 11:52 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Pro-tip: just fold the booklet differently:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^Doesn't really work well with vinyl

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    y’all are a tough crowd lol.

Speaking of Damone, I wish that song was on vinyl too.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    You could do what they do in some countries and draw on clothes to cover her up.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Sorry for the triple post.

While searching discogs to see if there was any censored variant (of which there surprisingly wasn’t save for a promo with a shot of the pool table), I found this cassette of pre-mixes: https://www.discogs.com/Deftones-14-...elease/8412992

Apparently, the chauffeur, crenshaw, and to have and to hold also hailed from these sessions!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    New album in September? Apparently the album title was correctly revealed and was posted in the comments but, as it's noted, the admin was specifically asked to remove the post. Can't for the life of me remember what it was when I saw it yesterday.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    New album in September? Apparently the album title was correctly revealed and was posted in the comments but, as it's noted, the admin was specifically asked to remove the post. Can't for the life of me remember what it was when I saw it yesterday.
    According to Reddit, it'll be called "Ohm" or "Ohms"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Interviewer: So what's the album called?
    Chino: hmmm....
    AND THE CROWD GOES WWWWIIIILLLLLDDDDDDDDDDD

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Sorry for the triple post.

While searching discogs to see if there was any censored variant (of which there surprisingly wasn’t save for a promo with a shot of the pool table), I found this cassette of pre-mixes: https://www.discogs.com/Deftones-14-...elease/8412992

Apparently, the chauffeur, crenshaw, and to have and to hold also hailed from these sessions!
    huh! We knew Crenshaw was an Around the Fur outtake from the B-Sides notes. Macks must be MX. Kicketts = Rickets. Lu Lu is then Mascara.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Put the jacket in a sleeve, then put the record sleeve over the art.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    If they aren't touring the new album til next spring, I still find it hard to believe we will see a September release. Its probably why they shut Chino down after he said September is a release date in that podcast the other day...April 2021 is my guess

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    It always amazes me how record companies try to hide the least important shit for sake of "marketing". Like, who the fuck cares if people know the album title?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    It always amazes me how record companies try to hide the least important shit for sake of "marketing". Like, who the fuck cares if people know the album title?
    Dude! For real! Like are they considering a last minute change or what?

So much media does this and it leaks so often it's like... Just come out with it early so you have a chance to control the messaging and direction of it. Otherwise the fans get it out of context and you're at the mercy of that context, and that often includes some tension between the artist (or at least the representation of the artist) and the fan.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    It's all about the old school way of thinking that it has to be some giant event. Album information gets released and a single drops the same day, like clockwork.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Also, Deftones of all people. Who the hell cares? Like if an album title release leaks ... own it and get the story out. It's not fucking Lady Gaga or Taylor Swift here with some big event planned around an album title reveal.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    So happy to see them as a headliner in such a great festival, seriously, that lineup is stacked:

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Maybe we live in some weird abstract reality where all that's left of these festivals is their posters, and these long winded list of names.

Will the festival happen? I don't know, but the poster sure did.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Deftones and Faith No More should be playing on the same night.....Too bad FNM and the Chili Peppers miss eachother by 1 day. Mike Patton and Anthony Kiedis running into eachother backstage would have been great

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Also, Deftones of all people. Who the hell cares? Like if an album title release leaks ... own it and get the story out. It's not fucking Lady Gaga or Taylor Swift here with some big event planned around an album title reveal.
    It's like they think that if people know the album title this early they'll decide not to buy the album???

Kanye can kiss my fucking ass, but I at least really appreciated the way he released Life of Pablo, with full transparency. I literally do not understand this stupid marketing tactic that everything must be sEeEeEcReT.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    It's not like "Gore", was the most creative title, people are going to buy anyway...

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I remember when that White Pony documentary sat shelved for 10 years....And then it leaked and their management freaked out about it and started demanding it get taken off youtube/etc. Now you can barely find traces of its existence...Meanwhile it was the most boring documentary ever. Mostly just Chino drunk and coked out of his head and falling down and the home video footage of the band hanging out but management had a breakdown over it being released. Their management seems to have a tight leash on them....I am hoping the fuss over the name is because they realize what a stupid title Ohms is

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I am neurotic and would need to know *exactly* when the silence and Damone starts to the XX:YY:ZZ (and its respective zero crossing) hence why I’d use an audio editor with a visual waveform

Information converting to Wave, 'C:\Temp\Deftones - Around The Fur [1997, US, 9 46810-2].wav' to 'C:\Temp\Deftones - Around The Fur [1997, US, 9 46810-2]-1.wav'
    Audio CD - Hidden Track Silence Removal: Deleting Silence From: 00:41:35.500 to 00:56:13.500
    Audio CD - Hidden Track Silence Removal: Deleting Silence From: 00:56:40.500 to 01:09:17.500

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rescheduled dates:

Deftones, Gojira, and Poppy 2021 Tour Dates:
    08/12 – Minneapolis, MN @ The Armory
    08/14 – Milwaukee, WI @ Eagles Club/The Rave/Eagles Ballroom
    08/15 – Sterling Heights, MI @ Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre at Freedom Hill
    08/17 – Chicago, IL @ Huntington Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island
    08/18 – Toronto, ON @ Echo Beach
    08/20 – Laval, QC @ Place Bell
    08/21 – Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena
    08/23 – Boston, MA @ Agganis Arena
    08/24 – New York, NY @ The Rooftop at Pier 17
    08/27 – Philadelphia, PA @ The Met
    08/28 – Asbury Park, NJ @ Stone Pony Summer Stage
    08/29 – Washington, DC @ The Anthem
    08/31 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Petersen Events Center
    09/02 – Indianapolis, IN @ Amphitheater at White River State Park
    09/03 – Nashville, TN @ Nashville Municipal Auditorium