Page 54 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 3008

Thread: Deftones

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Got this press release in my inbox:

September 29th, 2016 - (Burbank, CA) - Deftones have announced that they have partnered with San Diego's Belching Beaver Brewery to create a new beer called Phantom Bride IPA - a hoppy West Coast style India Pale Ale loaded up with Mosaic, Amarillo, Simcoe, and Citra hops, all handpicked by Deftones frontman, Chino Moreno.

"Really excited to see our Phantom Bride IPA hit the shelves. As a huge beer connoisseur it was a privilege collaborating with Belching Beaver on the flavor profiles and coming out with a beer that I would put right up with any of my favorites. Good stuff!" -Chino.

The beer ships from the brewery to distribution outlets in Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Hawaii, and California today and will be available to retailers and consumers where all great craft beer is sold, including BevMo!, on October 3rd. Phantom Bride IPA will be available on draft and in 22-oz. bottles. It is brewed and bottled by Belching Beaver Brewery, Vista or Oceanside, California. San Diego County.

The beer is named after the multiplatinum, Grammy Award-winning alt-rock band's latest single "Phantom Bride," from their current album Gore, which is currently Top 10 at Rock Radio.

Lucky fans in the Fullerton, CA area will get a chance to taste the Phantom Bride IPA on tap for a limited time at a special kick-off event 10/5 starting at 8pm!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    whatever, screw you guys.

Anyway, I would go bananas if they ever played this live again. I feel like I'm the only person that really likes this song.

that off-mic scream gets me every time.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    whatever, screw you guys.

Anyway, I would go bananas if they ever played this live again. I feel like I'm the only person that really likes this song.

that off-mic scream gets me every time.
    my second-favorite song on white pony <3

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Sure, I'll play again.

WP
    DE
    KNY
    SNW
    Gore (#4 &5 change depending on my mood)
    ATF
    S/T
    Adrenaline

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    *sees thread bumped*
    *it's seriously actually lists again*
    *fucking wow*

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    *waits anxiously to see what @Wretchedest 's favorite Deftones albums are this week*

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hey, I bumped it to tell everyone about new Deftones beer. That counts as news. Lists just happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    *sees thread bumped*
    *it's seriously actually lists again*
    *fucking wow*

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Did the Misfits set from RiotFest ever make it online?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I just prefer the part of down time where we baseless speculate about Eros

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I just signed up to Spotify mainly to see if I could find playlists curated by the Deftones, since their pre-concert music is always amazing (I'm an old school person, still buy CD's and vinyl, so not too keen on streaming music). Goddamn, Chino's playlist (https://open.spotify.com/user/defton...1yqjknUfBbim0Z) is something else, he has a great taste in music, there's no song I skip on that playlist! I just discovered Souls of Mischief through him, excellent old school hip hop.

After this I'll check out Thom Yorke's office chart playlists...
    Last edited by cahernandez; 10-24-2016 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    can you give that list to those of us who don't have spotify?
    I read that article recently where he gave his 10 favorites records or something to that effect (it was posted here probably), some were interesting indeed.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    It's a self-titled kinda day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    bought my tickets for the glasgow show this morning, will be my first time seeing them so hopefully i'll not be needed at work that day and can actually go

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I like these guys' honesty!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Is it me or does Gore need some more promo? We haven't gotten anything since Prayers/Triangles. We did get that Com Truise remix, I guess. But support seems lacking with this album. I wonder if the guys aren't feeling it as much once they took it on the road.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Is it me or does Gore need some more promo? We haven't gotten anything since Prayers/Triangles. We did get that Com Truise remix, I guess. But support seems lacking with this album. I wonder if the guys aren't feeling it as much once they took it on the road.
    When they promoted their Phantom Bride IPA, it was noted that the song of the same name would be the next single. I'd imagine a video is in the works.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I also believe they ended up being disappointed with this album. They barely play any new songs live. Pretty much stopped promoting the album in interviews. All I see lately, is Chino talking about the difficult times when recording the S/T and SNW.
    The only reason it got a good 1st week sale was because they were riding on the high praises of KNY.

Gore literally reshaped my bottom 3 for this band.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Gore is actually my favorite right now. (list time??? All the time. )

The space between Acid Hologram and Hearts/Wires is probably my favorite sequence on any album.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm sure it was probably felt great writing and recording the album, but possibly they realized it's not really the funnest and strongest to play live.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm getting that impression too. I mean, they're touring extensively in support of this album, but as far as late night performances or videos or other sorts of things to keep the album top of mind, they're not doing it. And yeah, it's been frustrating the lack of songs live. When I saw them early on in the tour, all they played from it was Doomed User and Prayers/Triangles.

I think this album will go through a period of getting panned, and then as time goes on, like SNW, people will come back to it and realize how underrated it was.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I think this album will go through a period of getting panned, and then as time goes on, like SNW, people will come back to it and realize how underrated it was.
    Biggest problem with it is the actual recording. The mix is terrible. Abe has never sounded this bad since Adrenaline. It's just not a pleasant record to listen to audio wise.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Biggest problem with it is the actual recording. The mix is terrible. Abe has never sounded this bad since Adrenaline. It's just not a pleasant record to listen to audio wise.
    it sounds a LITTLE better on vinyl, but yeah, the digital download that came with the album is SO overblown.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    New-ish Abe interview where he says this:

“Stephen, our guitarist, and I have tremendous beef. Back in the day he and I 
would get together, jam everything out and get things going. Of course it takes the whole band to make the song but he and I would always, to the wee hours of the night, totally focus on getting stuff together."

“I’m not really a metal drummer. I love metal, but I’m not really a metal drummer. I don’t really possess the skills to do
 a lot of the stuff that he wants which has become our beef over the years. We’re brothers, I love him more than anything, but I don’t want to play that style.

“That’s what makes us us, too. He’s a rhythm player and he’s gotten more into syncopated matched-up double bass stuff and I don’t want to do that. Personally I don’t really possess those skills. But we’re all such different people, we’re tight as can be, but we all like different things.”
    In regards to his drums on this album and Stef's change of guitars affecting him:
    Here I am trying to fit in and every record has different tunings so they have to carry all of these guitars. It went from six strings to seven, now he’s got eight. It’s really difficult. He’s a sonic real estate hog and it’s gotten worse.
    It just seems like while they love and respect each other, they don't want to do the same things anymore. Or at least everyone wants to move in a different direction than Stef. He wants to be metal, and the others from what I can tell, not so much. I'm amazed they're still putting out music, with as much friction as they have.

I guess the super-sad realist answer could be that they know that b/c they've never made it in a huge way (compared to say like Taylor Swift or even Muse) they need each other and the name Deftones to afford the lifestyle they've created. I don't think it would phase Chino to walk away since it's obvious from all of his projects he likes to keep moving, but the others, I'm not so sure.

I know, hypothesizing about the realities of how they function as a band instead of making another list, but hey, it's something worth discussing if you can stand to have the curtain pulled back, so to speak.
    Last edited by The Doctor; 11-17-2016 at 01:07 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I guess the super-sad realist answer could be that they know that b/c they've never made it in a huge way (compared to say like Taylor Swift or even Muse) they need each other and the name Deftones to afford the lifestyle they've created.
    we have a winner

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I don't think they feel the need to be "more famous". I never felt any frustrations on their side regarding albums performance. They have fans all over the world and they know it.

They stick because they are real. You can have arguments, get pissed at each others, get mad, but at the end of the day, they are still brothers.

If Stef, or whoever, has to go, it will be in good terms. (maybe.. probably... hopefully)

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I've just discovered that 4 Deftones albums exist in fully instrumental versions and are available on teh interwebz for everyone's amusement.
    In case you're interested, search for Deftones Instrumental on reddit for a link.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    People are still going on about the album mix. I just don't understand it; it doesn't bother me in the least. I'm trusting that a veteran producer like Matt Hyde (not to mention the band itself) knew what he was doing and the way it sounds is the way it's supposed to sound? If Abe will speak out in interviews about his gripes with Steph, wouldn't he and the rest of them be bitching about Hyde's album mix if they weren't happy with it?
    Yeah, the problem is not the mix, it's people's preference to how they want Deftones to sound. This is how the band wanted this album to sound. It's not meant to sound like the usual Deftones record. The mix is exactly the way it is suppose to sound. If people want the drums clearer and more prominent, that's not how they wanted it. They wanted their instrument mixing to mimic the style/bands they're trying to emulate. So no, the mix is not shit. It's just not the way you want it to sound. If you think it sounds like shit, well that's your preference. There's a reason the way they mixed it and wanted the overall band to sound together playing these types of songs. I have no problem with the album mix because I can separate what I want a Deftones record to sound from understanding what the band is presenting with this album's sound.
    Last edited by neorev; 11-23-2016 at 10:25 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I thought KNY was the best produced that they've had.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Yeah, the problem is not the mix, it's people's preference to how they want Deftones to sound. This is how the band wanted this album to sound. It's not meant to sound like the usual Deftones record. The mix is exactly the way it is suppose to sound. If people want the drums clearer and more prominent, that's not how they wanted it. They wanted their instrument mixing to mimic the style/bands they're trying to emulate. So no, the mix is not shit. It's just not the way you want it to sound. If you think it sounds like shit, well that's your preference. There's a reason the way they mixed it and wanted the overall band to sound together playing these types of songs. I have no problem with the album mix because I can separate what I want a Deftones record to sound from understanding what the band is presenting with this album's sound.
    ok, that's all well and good, but whoever mastered it (especially the digital version) is a brickwalling asshole. there is SO MUCH over-saturation that i have a hard time listening to it.