Page 100 of 101 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 3008

Thread: Deftones

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So glad they didn't cancel international dates because of him. It's been 19 years since I last saw Deftones live. First show since the pandemic started too.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The two courses from here are:

-the band dissolves under the weight of the controversy
    -the band continues and lives in a cloud of controversy

What's really a desirable outcome at this point?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    They were great last Saturday in NJ, but I was def put off watching those two scabs up on stage playing. And Chino got pretty drunk, which was disheartening.

Deftone$$$

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    It's really sad to see this is what the band has become at this point. It's really sad because of the talent in this band, how much this band is an influence of my music, how great their music is. But this is just so embarrassing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The recent line up changes haven't been that difficult for me to digest because I kinda....never found them very likeable people to begin with? Yeah, Chi (RIP)and Sergio both seemed cool.

With all due respect to their accomplishments and longevity... they're kinda some low class California guys that did some outstanding music over the years. Still, it never completely outshone the significant substance abuse issues, the up and down quality of their live performances, the flat earth stuff, that my least favorite of their albums came probably out at the height of their mainstream popularity, the obvious band conflict in the media. None of that completely ruins my appreciation for the band, but that kind of stuff has always been there in the background.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    In Montreal (technically Laval but nobody cares), we got a Chino that seemed really happy. Dancing, thanking the crowd every chance he got, smiling, hitting most of the notes. Great show, awesome selection of songs, great visuals. But, the mix was astonishingly bad and deafening. You always had to guess where you were in a song, each instruments blended together, it was a mess. But after 19 years, it was great to see Deftones again.

At all the shows I've seen in Montreal, from any bands, we are always told by the bands that we are "hands down the best crowd". Here's my super naive question: do they say that elsewhere?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Nothing really shocks me with Deftones anymore, it's just reinforcing the more shitty aspects of the members of the band.

Sure one of my favourite records came out of a prolonged period of inter-band turmoil (SNW) but then the true masterpieces followed with DE & KNY. They really set a bar with those two records that they probably won't top, but that's ok - not every band gets a run like that, that far in their career.

Live wise, every time I've seen them they've left a lot to be desired, both setlist & sound wise. I can't imagine wanting to go see them now, without Sergio and especially without Stef, it wouldn't really be Deftones anymore.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    It's really sad to see this is what the band has become at this point. It's really sad because of the talent in this band, how much this band is an influence of my music, how great their music is. But this is just so embarrassing.
    It's also sad we're reaching page 100th of this thread with these news, man this band made me cringe again...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    It's also sad we're reaching page 100th of this thread with these news, man this band made me cringe again...

The funny thing is back in 2016, I was in a telegram group and there was this guy who said they had met Chino before and said he was a pretty rude person and I didn't believe him. I knew Chino used to be a huge asshole during the peak of his drug addiction, but I assumed things got better after SNW. Seeing what he said about Sergio and everything that has happened since with the band, maybe I should have trusted his word

I think what pisses me off most about the situation with Stef is that he's pretty much spitting in the face of his fans by refusing the travel because he won't get the shot. It's very much a "Fuck you i'm not getting jabbed so fuck all of you." Sort of situation. I've also read on reddit that Stef has always been like this, it was just never out spoken before. There was this one guy who was out on a meet and greet and Stef was talking about how there was government spacecrafts of some shit under Antarctica like it was the fucking straight out of The Thing. Fucking nonsense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You know what they say, never meet your heroes. They might be assholes but they put out banger albums, im still jamming to black stallion and ohms pretty regular

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackryder2025 View Post
    You know what they say, never meet your heroes. They might be assholes but they put out banger albums, im still jamming to black stallion and ohms pretty regular
    I wouldn't say all the time. I met Jerry Cantrell and he's my hero and he was really nice.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackryder2025 View Post
    I still love their music, but man, they have disappointed me lately...

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yeah I think since they said that our society has grown to less tolerant of certain kinds of behavior. It's a phrase designed to make people immune from the consequences of pretty fucked up actions. "Man plays guitar good" is not an excuse for contributing to a narrative that has killed more Americans than aids in just 2 years.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I met Stef on the KNY tour. Very friendly and was happy to sign autographs etc
    i guess we all have our own quirks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    saw the chicago date last fri - i was very pleasantly surprised. they sounded great, stage production was top notch, tons of energy.

also, age of the crowd was way younger than i expected - which was great to see considering the embarrassingly horrible state of "popular" music.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Just saw the "Dia de los Deftones" full concert:

"Goon Squad" live? Man! why can't they do more setlists like this?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Just saw the "Dia de los Deftones" full concert:

"Goon Squad" live? Man! why can't they do more setlists like this?
    Wow... 3 live debuts in one show? Ugh, it's been too long since I've seen them.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    AFI!

Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 11-13-2022 at 02:16 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    AFI!

Where?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Where?
    That animation is the album art for Sing the Sorrow!

Edit: Weird, seems like they deleted the post. Went to AFI's Twitter, and the same exact post is on theirs to stay tuned for tomorrow, 8AM PST. Either the same people manage their Twitter pages and messed up, or it wasn't supposed to go up on Deftones end lol.

This was the tweet, verbatim lol...
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 11-13-2022 at 02:28 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Seems they are starting to work in a follow-up for "Ohms"

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Whenever we see these articles we are like 3 years out and considering Deftones is currently a skeleton crew plus Stephen wrapped in tin foil, I could see things taking a while

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Deftone$ put out a new extremely overpriced merch line with Marc Jacobs that focuses on that early 00's aesthetic. Ok, sure. Whatever works.

They played a secret show at MHoW in Brooklyn last night as part of the merch line launch. Some gems in there...

Genesis
    My Own Summer
    Feiticeira
    Digital Bath
    Elite
    Swerve City
    Diamond Eyes
    Sextape
    Cherry Waves
    Mascara
    Be Quiet & Drive
    Lotion
    Change (In The House Of Flies)
    What Happened To You?
    Rocket Skates
    Ohms
    Nosebleed

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Would love to hear "What Happened To You?", live!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I would love some good Deftones merch, a few shirts or a hoodie or something, especially around s/t but their designs are usually terrible and whenever they do end up with a good design it turns out to be exclusive to womens tees for some reason. At least the coffee mug is cool?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wonder if we'll get Lovers on streaming services. I think the only version I've heard is pretty low quality

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    https://www.metalsucks.net/2023/09/2...flat-earthers/

It has been hard for me to listen to them since this stuff came out and the Sergio shit, and now this. Fuck

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think he's ever made a secret out of believing in intergenerational global conspiracy theories and voting conservative.

Also, in this context, the lyrics to Genesis are pretty iffy.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Seems they are eyeing the new release on spring or summer of next year...