Page 156 of 181 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 166 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,680 of 5427

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    An unexpected valentine that arrived as I was preparing 1 for the sender. I had been debating if me sending one was right move. I guess i got my answer. Serendipity. Now to figure out the living 3000 miles apart thing. The plot thickens....

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    ^^ That’s so cool!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    https://www.growlsandshrieks.com/202...interview.html

got interviewed by a friend/labelmate for the new site they just launched! pretty awesome to be the first.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Unsolved Mysteries podcast (Apple link)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    We have had very strict travel rules here in Vermont, which is a big part of why we've had the lowest COVID rates in the country. You can't enter Vermont, or leave and return, without a quarantine period. Because of this, as of 2/22, it will have been a full year since I've seen my parents, as I wouldn't be able to do the quarantine period without missing a significant amount of work. This is by far the longest we've ever gone without seeing each other.

Yesterday Vermont announced it is removing the quarantine requirement, provided it's been 14 days since your second vaccine shot. I had my second one this past Monday, and my parents had their first the Friday before that. We're gonna wait until 14 days after they've had their second shot just to be safe, but this means at the end of March I will finally get to see my parents again! I nearly cried at work yesterday when I heard the news, as it made me so happy. Heck, I'm tearing up a bit just writing this.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    They should’ve included Bob Barker at the beginning segment - he’s still going!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    My family and I were really devastated to have to say goodbye to our almost 14 year old Lab, Sadie, back in October. It actually happened the day before my husband’s birthday and a few days before my older son’s birthday. We have all missed her terribly.

We thought we might wait a little longer to bring a new little buddy into the fold, but yesterday we brought this little fluffnugget home.

Ziggy. We’re all over the moon with her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    My family and I were really devastated to have to say goodbye to our almost 14 year old Lab, Sadie, back in October. It actually happened the day before my husband’s birthday and a few days before my older son’s birthday. We have all missed her terribly.

We thought we might wait a little longer to bring a new little buddy into the fold, but yesterday we brought this little fluffnugget home.

Ziggy. We’re all over the moon with her.

Omigod! Look at the paws on her!! Adorable.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

A+

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Mariachi Band performs in front of Ted Cruz's house

https://www.wtrf.com/news/national-n...r-cancun-trip/

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

If you don't burst out laughing at least once I don't know what to tell you.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    ^^^ was about to post that...

it's just trying to help... awwwwww....

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    My daughter’s service dog is being delivered on April 8th! Here is Spike practicing “leave it”. The picture made me smile, so I figured I would drop it here.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    If you aren’t following Sly on YT you really should. Endlessly wise and entertaining (“The Italian Stallion”).

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    We met with a basement contractor today. It was alarming and depressing.

But I’ve watched this like 10 times and it’s made me feel better:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CIkBj...=1ddukhexasxp2

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

A Veen diagram of my interests in 1997 would have been the WWF and playing Tekken against friends... so that makes me a happy camper at the moment. We'd do weekends of Tekken (and networked Quake), living on coca-cola and pizza (remember when Domino's garlic bread was good??).

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The greasy piece of shit squatting next door, posing as a "maintenance man" and CNA for the elderly woman who owns the house FINALLY GOT HIS FUCKING COMEUPPANCE ON SATURDAY MORNING. For those who haven't seen my posts in the Little Things That Piss You Off thread, the gist is that this super sketchy dude has been living with the elderly lady next door to us, posing as her live-in CNA (which we found out after doing some research a couple weeks back that he is not a CNA and his license has been expired since 2008 after he was fired for showing up to work so fucking drunk he couldn't stay conscious). He's been getting increasingly antagonistic and out of control. He's shitfaced 24/7 and has taken to sitting in one of Diane's cars in the driveway, BLASTING the radio as loud as he possibly can all throughout the day. Numerous noise complaints have been filed but the cops pretty much said, "Being an asshole isn't illegal." And while Nick is a fucking idiot, he's criminal smart and knows what he can get away with.

Anyway...

So, he started blasting music on Saturday morning at 7:30. We were going to let it go because it was a reasonable volume but them he rolled down the windows and started caterwauling and that was that. My brother went out and had a calm conversation with him and he said Nick was WASTED. We were listening in a bit through a cracked window but he apologized and said he doesn't like headphones, and he can't go on the street because he'll get a DUI but he promised to keep it down. And he did. And then he backed out of the driveway and parked across the street. Increased the volume, too. I immediately called non-emergency and told them what was up. As I was talking to them, he popped a U and drove over to the park across the street and got louder. I called back and updated them that he had moved.

He was over by the park for maybe 5 minutes when the neighbor he was parked directly across from came out of the house in boxers and a t-shirt and stood on the sidewalk glaring. Nick drove around and parked back in the driveway.

A couple minutes later, he was back out on foot with his guitar over one shoulder and a case of PBR in the other hand. He stumbled away and we watched where he was heading. As he was walking, the beers all fell out and it took like 3 minutes to pick them all up. While that was happening, I called back again and updated them on his situation. By now, it was 8:30 and my wife and I had to leave to see a house. At 8:40 I got a call from the responding officer asking for more details. He spotted Nick as we were talking and said he'd call back when he was done.

9:23 and I finally got the call back while we were in the house we were viewing. He said he talked with Nick and was going to take him to detox but he was clearly agitated and getting more and more aggressive. Then he threatened to cut the officer's head off with a machete, so he was taken to jail instead.

I looked it up and threatening a person with a weapon or showing a weapon while threatening is a class 5 felony. 1-3 years, $1k-100k fine, and 2 years probation. That's for threatening a regular person.

The cop said he'd be in jail at least until today and I haven't seen Nick at all yet. I truly hope he can't remember Diane's # and rots in there until his trial.

And on top of all that, we just found out moments the offer we made last night was accepted and we are officially under contract on a beautiful, updated house, far from this clown and his bullshit. Given how absolutely mental the Denver market is, this is such a relief. I can't wait to sell the current place now.
    Last edited by klyrish; 03-01-2021 at 05:08 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    The greasy piece of shit squatting next door, posing as a "maintenance man" and CNA for the elderly woman who owns the house FINALLY GOT HIS FUCKING COMEUPPANCE ON SATURDAY MORNING. For those who haven't seen my posts in the Little Things That Piss You Off thread, the gist is that this super sketchy dude has been living with the elderly lady next door to us, posing as her live-in CNA (which we found out after doing some research a couple weeks back that he is not a CNA and his license has been expired since 2008 after he was fired for showing up to work so fucking drunk he couldn't stay conscious).
    How is the elderly lady??? He didn't bury her in the back yard or something, did he????

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    How is the elderly lady??? He didn't bury her in the back yard or something, did he????
    She seems to be fine. We've seen her more in the last couple of days with him gone than we have in the months before this all went down. We've been wondering for a while if he's been drugging her or something to keep her subdued while he goes on his endless benders. Still no sign of him and hopefully we never see him again.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    alt/goth Tik Tok compilations on YouTube...

so much cool fashion and make-up...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)