Page 140 of 182 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,200 of 5442

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    So, a couple weeks back I commented under a Twitter thread of a comedian I really like and she DM'd me to say thanks. Then we got to talking. Then we chatted more. Then we became friends on Facebook. And now we're kind of friends. And it's weird.

Like, a year or so ago I was watching her special on Hulu and now we're kind of friends. And last night she gave me advice about comedy. Like, a comedian that I am a fan of was teaching me comedy. WTF is my life.
    That’s really cool, happy for you.

A similar thing happened to me with the band VAST. I emailed Jon Crosby’s mom a couple years ago, and now we’re friends and she’s asking me to be involved in launching a fan club and whatnot once he gets back on track with his music. It’s strange how things happen.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    every time I get spam from these people I giggle:
    DiabeticStrips4Cash

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Any chances and opportunities to start all over in any capacity, no matter what aspect/facet of my life is being subject to redemption.

I've almost forgotten just how great that feels.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Ah, my happy thread. Still going strong after all these years, surviving one forum resurrection, no less! Makes me smile that it remains a bastion of positivity, when in reality I am an uncouth, immoral blaggard.

Lets see now, what cheers me up beyond this.

I got my US citizenship last week.

That's nice.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    It's Puppybowl day!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    25 years of marriage. Took a bit more effort than I imagined 25 years ago, but well worth it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Congrats

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Pretty sure if things work out I'm getting my first motorcycle tomorrow or in the next couple days. It's nothing crazy but its looks pretty good. A buddy said he would pick it up in heartbeat. It's a '78 Kawasaki kz650 if you're familiar. It's in good stock condition. I've been on the fence about getting a bike for a few years now and while I was fb market place looking for a road bike this popped up. It's in the range I was looking to spend on a peddle bike so I decided to inquire.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

lol

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So.
    I'm right at a month clean off of fentanyl/my oxy prescription/anything I can get my hands on that contains opiates.

I finally gave up and took the suboxone challenge. It KIND of sucks? I'm in more pain than usual, BUT, the highs and lows were ruining my fucking life. At least now, I'm on an even keel, and not overtaking my meds, or taking meds that aren't mine.

I'm gonna stay in the Sub for a WHILE, I think, but I'm going to try to taper to the lowest possible dose.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Keep at it. I hope it works for you to get off stuff.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

It been deleted but it's still funny someone was like "That's the picture today!"

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

you really really should unmute that. you can wait until you get home if you have to but yeah, that's brilliant.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Ha! I needed this today.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

you have no idea how happy this one makes me

Last edited by allegate; 02-27-2020 at 08:23 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Posting in my lovely thread cheers me up.

Aaaaah. Lovely!

Is anyone going to the NIN show for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame thing, in Cleveland? I'd ask in the NIN forums, but I'm not going in there.

I am never going in there.

Send me a PM if you're going, there's a few old timers going to be there.
    Last edited by DF118; 02-28-2020 at 09:25 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    (cheers me up)

Slovakia election results, let's do this! :-)

Edit: Also, exocomics.com, the style is... extraordinary? :-) Like this latest one with "goodnight wolf":
    https://www.exocomics.com/603
    Last edited by Substance242; 03-07-2020 at 08:22 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I had back surgery this morning. I've been dealing with sciatica issues for way too long, found out in January that I had a herniated disk in lumbar /sacrum area. I'm pleased to say the procedure was as smooth as I could've asked for. I'm already home and resting, about to "enjoy" the next two weeks off work. The doc told my partner and parents that I (additionally?) had a pea - sized calcified growth on my disk that the sciatic nerve was directly rubbed up across and over, and was likely the culprit.

I just have to say if something doesn't feel right, it's probably not. Get it checked out. Three's no reason I should've been putting myself through this for so long.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I had back surgery this morning. I've been dealing with sciatica issues for way too long, found out in January that I had a herniated disk in lumbar /sacrum area. I'm pleased to say the procedure was as smooth as I could've asked for. I'm already home and resting, about to "enjoy" the next two weeks off work. The doc told my partner and parents that I (additionally?) had a pea - sized calcified growth on my disk that the sciatic nerve was directly rubbed up across and over, and was likely the culprit.

I just have to say if something doesn't feel right, it's probably not. Get it checked out. Three's no reason I should've been putting myself through this for so long.
    so you're saying i should get my left shoulder that's been out of place for two weeks (moreso than it usually is due to my chronic pain) and has been excruciating the whole time, and prevents me from fully extending my arm, looked at? YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME, SIR!

no but seriously i should go get this looked at.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    so you're saying i should get my left shoulder that's been out of place for two weeks (moreso than it usually is due to my chronic pain) and has been excruciating the whole time, and prevents me from fully extending my arm, looked at? YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME, SIR!

no but seriously i should go get this looked at.
    Ugh, really sorry dude. That sounds painful as fuck. My right shoulder has been kinda weird for like.. At least a decade now. (pops and just makes sounds a shoulder shouldn't make). It's been legit hurting the last few weeks though, especially if I have to reach behind me or lift anything. I'm obviously restricted from lifting anything at all for a while now so maybe that'll help. If not, I guess my shoulder will be my next thing to look at... Getting older sucks lol.

As a caveat, I'm lucky to have great insurance through my employer, and the cost of all this crap without any insurance would make me cry (like, more than my student loans - that's another discussion). Health care in this country is problematic to say the least, and I 10000% understand if cost is a concern for people going to doctors. It's just so mindblowing.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Ugh, really sorry dude. That sounds painful as fuck. My right shoulder has been kinda weird for like.. At least a decade now. (pops and just makes sounds a shoulder shouldn't make). It's been legit hurting the last few weeks though, especially if I have to reach behind me or lift anything. I'm obviously restricted from lifting anything at all for a while now so maybe that'll help. If not, I guess my shoulder will be my next thing to look at... Getting older sucks lol.

As a caveat, I'm lucky to have great insurance through my employer, and the cost of all this crap without any insurance would make me cry (like, more than my student loans - that's another discussion). Health care in this country is problematic to say the least, and I 10000% understand if cost is a concern for people going to doctors. It's just so mindblowing.
    yeah, luckily i get insurance through sarah's job, and it's good.

but yeah i've had chronic pain for like 20 years and whatever hurts the most seems to change from time to time.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

good to see the onion can still bring it from time to time.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    After waiting 8 days after my second interview, I finally got a damn job.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    facilitating interviews for a position today. this is part of the email address for a reference: mufdvr

really? you want me to email muff diver? whew.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Depends on the type of position that's on offer?

Sorry. I'll see myself out.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Schools closed in my State, but one local community school system announced they will offer free breakfast & lunch to any residents 18 and under. No application, no eligibility requirements, and open to all kids in the community. They are using school buses to deliver the meals to the community (along existing bus routes) to avoid large gatherings and abide by social distancing guidance. So school bus drivers keep working, kitchen staff keep working, and kids get fed.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

seriously the best thing I've seen today.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    seriously the best thing I've seen today.
    (sarah and i watch that show all the time on amazon; it's amazing)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    cross-posted from my thread in artistic expression (where few venture)

my new album is now available on bandcamp

this is about 100x more accessible than my last several releases, with zero screaming, and 4 of the 6 songs are actually upbeat!

each song was inspired by a different piece of pop-culture. (in track order) • Hannibal (tv series), The Hazelwood (book), Hellraiser (films), Night In The Woods (video game), Metropolis (film), and Channel Zero: Candle Cove (tv series)

also, i’m donating all the money i make on it from bandcamp tomorrow (while they’re waiving their fees) to Brave Space Alliance, a black-led, trans-led LGBTQ center in Chicago that's currently running an emergency food pantry

if you can’t afford to buy the album now but feel inclined to help me spread the word and raise some money for a good cause, any sharing on social media is super appreciated.

and fear not! the album will be on streaming services before you know it!

edit: and a HUGE thanks to @allegate who just bought like five of my albums!
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 03-20-2020 at 12:36 AM.