Page 136 of 181 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,080 of 5427

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Watching my 1 yo bounce excitedly to The Dillinger Escape Plan as my wife watches in silent horror.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    ...scratched a LEGO itch and bought some stuff. That Lunar Lander just kept calling at me to let it join the Apollo Saturn V (not that I've built it yet, I don't really have the room to display it and may as well just keep in the box until I do).

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Couple of my near lifelong homeboys play these games on Xbox one, and, wanted me to play with them. I've never gotten into playing games online, with a headset on.

Anyway, they wanted me to play with them, and, I told them I couldn't afford it.
    SO
    They threw in to get me the xbox, the games, the headset, and the online subscription.

It's REALLY badass. I'm just scared that I won't play these games as much as they want me to. In fact, when one of them was recently threatening to buy me the xbox, I told him not to, because, not only could I not afford the games, or any online bullshit, how do I know I'll LIKE these games?

But so, okay: I warned him!

Anyway, however it shakes out, it's awesome to know that you have people who are down for you like that, you know? Like, these old friends want me to play these games with them bad enough that they're willing to shell out a few hundred dollars.

It's especially moving, because they know I'm going through some shit.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Couple of my near lifelong homeboys play these games on Xbox one, and, wanted me to play with them. I've never gotten into playing games online, with a headset on.

Anyway, they wanted me to play with them, and, I told them I couldn't afford it.
    SO
    They threw in to get me the xbox, the games, the headset, and the online subscription.

It's REALLY badass. I'm just scared that I won't play these games as much as they want me to. In fact, when one of them was recently threatening to buy me the xbox, I told him not to, because, not only could I not afford the games, or any online bullshit, how do I know I'll LIKE these games?

But so, okay: I warned him!

Anyway, however it shakes out, it's awesome to know that you have people who are down for you like that, you know? Like, these old friends want me to play these games with them bad enough that they're willing to shell out a few hundred dollars.

It's especially moving, because they know I'm going through some shit.
    The first time I moved out of state, I bought a 360 and a couple games that my friends liked. Not because I liked the games, but because back then I still had a phone plan that had limited minutes. But fire up Xbox Live, start a game, and hey...unlimited talk time with your friends! The gaming itself was secondary to the fact that I was still "hanging out with my friends" even though I was 2000 miles away. It was almost like I was still there with them. I hope you'll have at least a similar experience, if not better!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    A dude tried to steal my license plate off my vehicle yesterday. I told him off. A few text messages later, and dude was arrested. In his stolen car that he needed the plates for. I'm pleased.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    So I was looking for "prebiotic" reviews as I was told they're good for you, and was directed to a link to a product, then stumbled into THIS REVIEW, and I truly almost peed my pants from laughing so hard.

I tried reading it aloud to my husband, but couldn't even breath in between laughing.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Spent 5 days in the smoky mountains with my chick and stopped by Third Man Records in Nashville on the way. That was tight.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Our 7 year old daughter got officially matched with a service dog today! We are so happy, it's a long process and pretty expensive. But we have pictures of the VERY GOOD BOY and we are tickled to death. Here's a pic of the little guy so others can relish the cuteness with us.
    Last edited by eachpassingphase; 07-23-2019 at 08:32 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Our 7 year old daughter got officially matched with a service dog today! We are so happy, it's a long process and pretty expensive. But we have pictures of the VERY GOOD BOY and we are tickled to death. Here's a pic of the little guy so others can relish the cuteness with us.
    that grin! so precious!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    that grin! so precious!
    We think so too, we got this picture a few weeks ago when they were narrowing it down to three potential matches, and we were secretly rooting for this guy and hoping he was her match.

We put off having pets for years because we were pretty sure we were going to try to get her a service dog and didn't know how a service dog would interact with non-trained pets. We didn't want a potential situation where a family pet would have to be re-homed in order to get her service dog, so we just avoided it altogether as a precaution. So we are excited about having a dog as a family for the first time.

He won't really be a traditional "pet" in that he will be working when our daughter needs him, but he will get downtime just like any other pupper. Our son has already sworn on every god there is that he will be responsible for feeding the dog, lol. We will see about that when he actually arrives in like 6-9 months or so.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Does that bird have a friggin ACCENT?!? That's amazing! I know next to nothing about pet birds, so I guess I didn't even think that they wouldn't just mimic words, but also intonations in speech.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Breakfast tacos.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    the trumpet vine outside my car port is swarming with hummingbirds. i love their little squeaks.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I seriously never thought that I'd say this, as I always loved the urban environment, but at this point of my life, I sometimes find suburban environments very comforting, relieving and relaxing, which in and of itself clears my mind and cheers me up at the very same time. I'm sure it's also the peace and quiet that's usually around suburbs, but it certainly could also very-well could also be from not being around congestion and the typical rush/push and shove (Hustle and bustle.) in the city.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 07-30-2019 at 05:57 PM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    The world is an utter crap basket right now...but it's raining, and i freaking love rain ...i should really make a character called Rain!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    My husband got a tenor ukulele at the new ukulele store near our house yesterday.

He’s obsessed, but it’s really cool. I love the sound of this thing.

Now I want one, so he’s going to get me a little concert uke. Matt at the uke store gives free lessons on Tuesday nights (but my husband is picking up on this so fast, he can give me lessons).
    Last edited by allegro; 08-08-2019 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Grammar

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    This week after the Pokemon update yesterday and me making a character on a Wagamama dessert i've gotten really back into my drawing! BUUUUUUUUT i do now really want a drawing tablet again

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    just had some vitamin jägerschnitzel... with spätzel

and then a crepe filled with strawberry jam.

I'm better now.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Beholding the power of cheese... in this case, 1655 Gruyere (cave-aged).

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Beholding the power of cheese... in this case, 1655 Gruyere (cave-aged).
    I miss cheese. Lactose intolerance hit a few years back. Maaaaaaaaan do I ever miss cheese.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This is cheesy but it made me tear up. (My husband and I are Cindy’s and Bobby’s age.)

SO cool that HGTV did this:

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Living/vi...house-63250366

Info: https://www.housebeautiful.com/desig...ch-house-sale/

The Brady Bunch ran from September 26, 1969, to March 8, 1974.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-20-2019 at 03:52 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I miss cheese. Lactose intolerance hit a few years back. Maaaaaaaaan do I ever miss cheese.
    I have lactose intolerance as well, for about 15 years, but I can eat certain kinds of cheese. Check this out:

https://lifehacker.com/the-best-chee...ant-1563386663

http://www.stevecarper.com/li/list_o...ercentages.htm

I drink lactose-free milk and eat lactose-free ice cream; THOSE are the WORST sources, ugh.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-20-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    This is cheesy but it made me tear up. (My husband and I are Cindy’s and Bobby’s age.)

SO cool that HGTV did this:

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Living/vi...house-63250366

Info: https://www.housebeautiful.com/desig...ch-house-sale/

The Brady Bunch ran from September 26, 1969, to March 8, 1974.
    What makes me tear up is that ABC strong-armed the actual highest bidder and stole the house from them after they'd already been told the house was theirs.

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/08/63660...ing-lance-bass

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Actual "thing that cheers me up" post: I've posted here on more than one occasion about having to unfriend absolute morons on social media. Well, I happened to run into one of said people - on literally the other side of the planet - and we had a pleasant catch-up. They seemed to forget we were ever actually connected on FB before, so they sent me a request and I took a look at their profile - and the whole thing is "how in god's name can we let this shit fly?" and "we have to get rid of Trump ASAP".

I don't know how, but someone got them to see him for the horrific monster he is, and it seems to have changed their entire attitude. It gives me a level of hope that there are others out there who are learning to see.