Page 177 of 178 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,310 of 5329

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    New baby hippo at the Cincinnati Zoo. Princess Fiona is officially a big sister, and Mama Bibi can finally be the mom she wanted to be when Fiona was little:

Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    I just realized something.... the best way to combat climate change is to create a solution for adorable dogs... like if I made a version of a doggy harness for my corgi that simultaneously had an umbrella sorta thing to keep his fur cool, but also spritzed him with melted ice water in a way that makes him do this really cute noise he does when he's happy...

Yep, I think that would solve global warming.

Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    So those of you who know me, and have kept up with my dumb, obscene amount of posts, may remember that I have two step kids.

Their dad has hidden them from us for like 8 years. It was an entire jumblefuck.<br>

WELL, my stepson is moving in with us TODAY. I haven't seen the kid since, well, he was a KID.
    He's fucking 17 now.

Honestly? I'm fucking terrified. This could go all kinds of different ways. THAT BEING SAID, I've always wanted kids.

The last time I saw my stepson, he was here for that summer. And he was begging me to PLEASE just let him stay here, with us.
    He didn't understand I had no control over it. It broke my heart.

But, yeah. My now teenage stepson returns TONIGHT.
    So yeah. It's gonna be Daddy Eleveno in a few hours

(Not that I'll expect him to think of me as such)
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-12-2022 at 02:23 PM.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    So those of you who know me, and have kept up with my dumb, obscene amount of posts, may remember that I have two step kids.

Their dad has hidden them from us for like 8 years. It was an entire jumblefuck.

WELL, my stepson is moving in with us TODAY. I haven't seen the kid since, well, he was a KID.

He's fucking 17 now.

Honestly? I'm fucking terrified. This could go all kinds of different ways.
    THAT BEING SAID, I've always wanted kids.

The last time I saw my stepson, he was here for that summer. And he was begging me to PLEASE just let him stay here, with us.
    He didn't understand I had no control over it. It broke my heart.

But, yeah. My now teenage stepson returns TONIGHT.

So yeah. It's gonna be Daddy Eleveno in a few hours

(Not that I'll expect him to think of me as such)
    Behave yourself @elevenism & set a good example!

Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Behave yourself @elevenism & set a good example!
    Fuuuuuuuck me. I'll try

Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    I met my wife's ex. I am PRETTIER than this man!

Like, seriously, by a country mile.

I ALSO didn't wanna meet the motherfucker. But I decided I should man up. And dude was crying, and I actually hugged him.
    It was rough.
    I'm not sure what precise circumstances led him to this situation, but he was sobbing, and I felt BAD.
    I promised I'd take care of his son.

But, yeah, the kid is here. He looks like Lestat.
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-13-2022 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    So ok. Triple post. Sorry, y'all.

I went to my dad's brother's funeral yesterday.

He was buried in a leather cut, Harley shirt, and big black boots, in a chrome plated Harley coffin.

The preacher was a biker prison minister (not that my uncle ever did time; they were just friends).

And yeah, I'm still crying, BUT: it was SO badass that it brought so many of us together. Sometimes it takes some shit like this to get the '88 hide and seek club all in the same place again.
    Hell, I met second cousins and twice removed cousins, and even saw a relative I hadn't seen since the eighties.

But there's been this friction online between my dad's girlfriend and my mom and me, along with some bullshit between me and her daughter.
    I'd argued with my young cousin, too (first cousin's son, who's a grown ass man now).
    And my uncle had been estranged, recently, from his son. They hadn't been on speaking terms.

Well, my uncle left his Harley to his son, who spent the past few days customizing it in my uncle's memory.
    He rode off on it, into the sunset. The peace was made.

The shit with me and my cousin evaporated the second we saw one another.

Everything is cool, now, with my mom and me, and my dad's new people.
    In fact, both sides hugged and said "I love you" before it was all said and done.

And that's just how my uncle would have wanted it: all he ever cared about was the love of family and friends, and making sure everyone was having a good time, and had plenty of "Coldbeer." He was a peacemaker.

The only rough part, aside from the death, is that they played THAT green day song- I know Billy Joel Greenday says people misunderstood the intended meaning, but a.) It doesn't matter and b.) I call bullshit.
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-19-2022 at 05:28 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Finally bought some ram for my old ass 2011 MB Pro. Got a 8 gig stick from BB for like $40 today. Should have done this years ago. I was trying to browse some shit online and it go really fucking dead slow when i tried to email myself some internet link. Popped open my monitor and i was sitting at like 3.6g's of 4 free space. I've known it's been border line for some time but holy shit. It's a functional computer again. That said I did notice my Battery has a rather large unattractive bulge. May have to buy a new one of those so it doesn't blow up on me. I would consider just buying a new laptop but for what I use it for it's just fine. Especially now it's not dog shit slow. I even have an older ssd in my old PC I could potentially swap over.

And since I'm here my dumbass bought a newer version of the motorcycle I already own (DR650) a few weeks back that while only being a couple years newer has a third of the miles and with a fair bit of extra bits i was considering getting. If I can manage to sell my old one; which i could feasible do for probably what i paid initially, it would only put me out about $1,000 for the new bike with 10k less miles.

Even more trivial I luckily was able to log into my Pandora account on this computer and was able to change my email and password without jumping through hoops since the Excite email account I had used to create it is officially dead as of some time last fall i think.

Mentioned
    968 Post(s)
    People born the year I was born. It was a stellar year.

Barack Obama
    Princess Diana
    Michael J Fox
    George Clooney
    Eddie Murphy
    Dennis Rodman
    Wayne Gretzky
    Meg Ryan
    Ricky Gervais
    Woody Harrelson
    Julia Louis-Dreyfus
    Elizabeth McGovern
    Peter Jackson
    Boy George
    Henry Rollins
    Martin Gore and Fletch
    Laurence Fishburne
    Amy Sedaris
    Enya

Ghislaine Maxwell

Oh, shit
    Last edited by allegro; 08-21-2022 at 12:01 AM.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    People born the year I was born. It was a stellar year.

Barack Obama
    Princess Diana
    Michael J Fox
    George Clooney
    Eddie Murphy
    Dennis Rodman
    Wayne Gretzky
    Meg Ryan
    Ricky Gervais
    Woody Harrelson
    Julia Louis-Dreyfus
    Elizabeth McGovern
    Peter Jackson
    Boy George
    Henry Rollins
    Martin Gore and Fletch
    Laurence Fishburne
    Amy Sedaris
    Enya

Ghislaine Maxwell

Oh, shit
    Add Wayne Coyne to that list. Wayne, Henry Rollins & me were born in about a 1 month span. Wayne first, me, Rollins last. Would be an interesting meet up.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Skip to the 2:39 mark:

Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

trigger warning: if the sounds of gagging make you gag don't click that.

Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    the fact that one day, the universe will end, but in the meantime, we've got Fyodor Dostoevsky and The Beatles and George Carlin, and maybe someone else in the future, whomever that might be.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    the fact that one day, the universe will end, but in the meantime, we've got Fyodor Dostoevsky and The Beatles and George Carlin, and maybe someone else in the future, whomever that might be.
    No future - John Lydon

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Soundboard bootlegs of The Clash from 1979

Mentioned
    968 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Soundboard bootlegs of The Clash from 1979
    Yacht Rock

My husband and I are addicted to the absolutely ANNOYINGLY SHITTY 70s music of Yacht Rock. It’s oddly comforting in a horrible world.

https://www.siriusxm.com/channels/yacht-rock-radio

Last edited by allegro; 08-22-2022 at 06:38 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    I just had a 45 minute long conversation with a vet, and he ranted in my face like George Carlin, and I listened to all of it, and at the end of it he gave me an aggressive fistbump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My cat headbutts me in the face when I'm sad. Or if I'm really sad his throws his entire body at me...

Mentioned
    968 Post(s)
    This made my morning. Probably because I hate magicians.

Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    well this one is a mixed bag... just now I got back from the hospital after fainting in a restaurant. The experience sucked, just suddenly the lights went out, and the next thing I knew I was lying on the ground, but everyone at the hospital was incredibly nice and empathetic, and they took good care of me, and... I got myself checked out... and apparently, I just had incredibly low levels of potassium. In the ambulance I thought I was dying... but actually, you know what? I'm apparently just fucking fine.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    well this one is a mixed bag... just now I got back from the hospital after fainting in a restaurant. The experience sucked, just suddenly the lights went out, and the next thing I knew I was lying on the ground, but everyone at the hospital was incredibly nice and empathetic, and they took good care of me, and... I got myself checked out... and apparently, I just had incredibly low levels of potassium. In the ambulance I thought I was dying... but actually, you know what? I'm apparently just fucking fine.
    iím glad youíre fine. thinking of you.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    @Jinsai holy crap that's scary! glad you're ok. imma go eat a banana now.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    My friends little grandkids. Ages 1, 2 & 5. I went to visit yesterday & I was the guest adult entertainment haha. I'm buddies with the 5 year old & he kind of hid out in his room but that's ok as he hadn't been feeling well. I had brought him a new baseball hat to cheer him up which he liked a lot. The littler ones were a riot. 2 year old girl was shy at first but that didn't last long. The one year old I hadn't had a lot of contact with. He's a total character & warmed up to me fast. A new Hot Wheels car was an excellent icebreaker. He talks constantly just not quite in English yet. Such a good natured little boy. He's a wild child though haha. They took him out on a pedal boat & while no one was looking took a running leap into the lake. He had a life jacket on. When the adults got over their heart attacks & fished him out of the lake he was just laughing at them. By the time I left he was waving bye bye & blowing kisses. A new buddy is always good.

Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I hit the IMG tab all the time when I'm trying to add videos.

Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    i’m glad you’re fine. thinking of you.
    Thank you. I'm still shaken up. The whole thing was pretty intense.

Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    I've fainted all of one times and it was enough for me to never want to do it again. Glad it's going better now.

Maybe I'm in such a bad/black mood that this is funny - or maybe it's actually funny? - but either way it made me cackle.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)