Page 140 of 140 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140
Results 4,171 to 4,194 of 4194

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    "Little things that cheer you up": this board. Seriously. Thanks for making this a great community. I love you guys. Nobody always sees eye-to-eye, but this is basically my favourite online board and music community. Shout out in particular to @eversonpoe , @botley , @Jon , @Leviathant , @chuckrh , @Erneuert and @DVYDRNS in recent times, I am definitely forgetting some handles here so sorry about that. Happy New Year!
    Thank you for the shout out.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    "Little things that cheer you up": this board. Seriously. Thanks for making this a great community. I love you guys. Nobody always sees eye-to-eye, but this is basically my favourite online board and music community. Shout out in particular to @eversonpoe , @botley , @Jon , @Leviathant , @chuckrh , @Erneuert and @DVYDRNS in recent times, I am definitely forgetting some handles here so sorry about that. Happy New Year!
    Not sure what I did that brightened your day but cheers for the mention. Always dig your taste in tunes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Again, thanks to the Affordable Care Act, I now have medications I've needed for a while. It's such a relief.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

First comment: "That sounds like a whoopie cushion inflated with depression" lmao. The Gene Wilder profile pic just makes it 1,000 times funnier.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I get to watch the SpaceX launch tomorrow.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    After 12 years of membership in BMI, 16 album releases and countless attempts at distribution, i had my first music royalties that didn't come through a middleman deposited into my bank account. It's a good feeling, feeling like you've finally made it somewhere.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    So, a couple weeks back I commented under a Twitter thread of a comedian I really like and she DM'd me to say thanks. Then we got to talking. Then we chatted more. Then we became friends on Facebook. And now we're kind of friends. And it's weird.

Like, a year or so ago I was watching her special on Hulu and now we're friends. And last night she gave me advice about comedy. Like, a comedian that I am a fan of was teaching me comedy. WTF is my life.
    Last edited by theruiner; 01-21-2020 at 04:30 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    So, a couple weeks back I commented under a Twitter thread of a comedian I really like and she DM'd me to say thanks. Then we got to talking. Then we chatted more. Then we became friends on Facebook. And now we're kind of friends. And it's weird.

Like, a year or so ago I was watching her special on Hulu and now we're kind of friends. And last night she gave me advice about comedy. Like, a comedian that I am a fan of was teaching me comedy. WTF is my life.
    That’s really cool, happy for you.

A similar thing happened to me with the band VAST. I emailed Jon Crosby’s mom a couple years ago, and now we’re friends and she’s asking me to be involved in launching a fan club and whatnot once he gets back on track with his music. It’s strange how things happen.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    every time I get spam from these people I giggle:
    DiabeticStrips4Cash

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Any chances and opportunities to start all over in any capacity, no matter what aspect/facet of my life is being subject to redemption.

I've almost forgotten just how great that feels.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Ah, my happy thread. Still going strong after all these years, surviving one forum resurrection, no less! Makes me smile that it remains a bastion of positivity, when in reality I am an uncouth, immoral blaggard.

Lets see now, what cheers me up beyond this.

I got my US citizenship last week.

That's nice.

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    It's Puppybowl day!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    25 years of marriage. Took a bit more effort than I imagined 25 years ago, but well worth it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Congrats

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Pretty sure if things work out I'm getting my first motorcycle tomorrow or in the next couple days. It's nothing crazy but its looks pretty good. A buddy said he would pick it up in heartbeat. It's a '78 Kawasaki kz650 if you're familiar. It's in good stock condition. I've been on the fence about getting a bike for a few years now and while I was fb market place looking for a road bike this popped up. It's in the range I was looking to spend on a peddle bike so I decided to inquire.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

lol

Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    So.
    I'm right at a month clean off of fentanyl/my oxy prescription/anything I can get my hands on that contains opiates.

I finally gave up and took the suboxone challenge. It KIND of sucks? I'm in more pain than usual, BUT, the highs and lows were ruining my fucking life. At least now, I'm on an even keel, and not overtaking my meds, or taking meds that aren't mine.

I'm gonna stay in the Sub for a WHILE, I think, but I'm going to try to taper to the lowest possible dose.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Keep at it. I hope it works for you to get off stuff.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

It been deleted but it's still funny someone was like "That's the picture today!"

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

you really really should unmute that. you can wait until you get home if you have to but yeah, that's brilliant.