Page 146 of 182 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,380 of 5432

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    There are ninjas chopping onions in the kitchen....

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I used some of my leftover chili and made a chili cheeseburger for lunch yesterday. Fuck I love chili.
    I grew up in Detroit, and the talk of chili dogs makes me yearn for a Coney Island hot dog. When I go home, the FIRST thing I do is go get a Coney Dog.

Last edited by allegro; 07-17-2020 at 09:05 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Peanut butter on graham crackers.

fuck me up

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Peanut butter on graham crackers.

fuck me up
    do they still make chocolate graham crackers? i fucking loved those as a kid. pb on those would be SO GOOD.

sarah's on her first watch through of farscape (it's my third time). we're only a few episodes in but she's really liking it. she's made a ton of nerdy jokes already and it just makes me love her so much. sharing a thing you love with someone else and having them enjoy it is one of life's greatest pleasures.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Fuckin hard boiled eggs. I've been on a roll the last week.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Fuckin hard boiled eggs. I've been on a roll the last week.
    dude, you HAVE to stop fucking your food. how does tabitha feel about this? did i spell her name right?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    dude, you HAVE to stop fucking your food. how does tabitha feel about this? did i spell her name right?
    Listen i'm fuckin WITH food. She doesn't like hard boiled eggs or chili with beans in it but she did fuck with the no bean chili dogs from last week.

And you spelled it right <3

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Listen i'm fuckin WITH food.
    Like the food's an active participant or just watching from a chair in the corner?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Like the food's an active participant or just watching from a chair in the corner?
    I mean it's inside me right now soooooo

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    do they still make chocolate graham crackers? i fucking loved those as a kid. pb on those would be SO GOOD.

sarah's on her first watch through of farscape (it's my third time). we're only a few episodes in but she's really liking it. she's made a ton of nerdy jokes already and it just makes me love her so much. sharing a thing you love with someone else and having them enjoy it is one of life's greatest pleasures.
    Teddy Grahams!!! I loved those as a kid. Chocolate.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I mean it's inside me right now soooooo
    "Honey, I thought we were going to use JELL-O in the sexy fun time tonight..."

"It's inside me right now."

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    And you spelled it right <3
    Wait ... like on Bewitched?

Last edited by allegro; 07-22-2020 at 12:53 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Wait ... like on Bewitched?

Exactly who she was named after ❤️

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Teddy Grahams!!! I loved those as a kid. Chocolate.
    teddy grahams are great! but i'm actually talking about full-sized graham crackers that were chocolate. just looked them up and while i can't find a picture from the 90s, honeymaid does still make them.

was also super into dizzy grizzlies (basically large teddy grahams with frosting and sprinkles on the back, and a magic eye puzzle on the back of each box), dunkaroos, and these things, which i miss dearly:

planters also made what were essentially peanut-shaped pb cups. so it was a chocolate shell that was textured like a peanut shell (with all the ridges and stuff) and creamy peanut butter on the inside. i miss 90s junk food and being immune to its negative effects.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I just posted this on this Bob Ross video. I hope it made you at least chuckle @allegro , @ManBurning , @eversonpoe

Bob Ross - Mighty Mountain Lake (Season 16 Episode 12)

I am a heterosexual male and this comment will either come across as funny or informative. Or both. Or one or the other. Here’s the thing: I never wear makeup, aside from liquid (matching skin colour) concealer to hide occasional pimple blemishes and/or to hide dark circles under my eyes. When I have the liquid on and have that little egg-shaped sponge in my hand, I find Bob‘s voice in my mind telling me to brush down in the same way that he does to make reflections on lakes. Does anyone have similar stories? Feel free to laugh. I find it kinda funny myself. But humbling. I fully expect the first reply to be “lolfag”.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I laughed, but with you, not at you.

I grew up watching his shows. It always seemed to be on Sunday afternoons in the summer, while my mom was making dinner. It always makes me think of that era in my life - being a kid and happy it was summer.

When the shows became available on Netflix, I loved watching all of them. I introduced a few friends to it, mostly after smoking some weed. The joke is that we'd walk up behind each other and just whisper, "there."

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I laughed, but with you, not at you.

I grew up watching his shows. It always seemed to be on Sunday afternoons in the summer, while my mom was making dinner. It always makes me think of that era in my life - being a kid and happy it was summer.

When the shows became available on Netflix, I loved watching all of them. I introduced a few friends to it, mostly after smoking some weed. The joke is that we'd walk up behind each other and just whisper, "there."
    Did you ever hear about German artist Bill Alexander who supposedly taught Bob the wet-on-wet technique and said he “betrayed” him? I’ve noticed commonalities between he and Bob both using the term “almighty” to describe certain natural aspects -

TV host and prolific painter Bob Ross studied under Alexander, from whom he learned his wet-on-wet technique, a method of painting rapidly using progressively thicker layers of oil paint.[3] Ross mentioned in the very first episode of the The Joy of Painting that he had learned the technique from Bill Alexander, calling it "the most fantastic way to paint that you've ever seen".[3] Ross also dedicated the first episode of the second season to Alexander, explaining that "I feel as though he gave me a precious gift, and I'd like to share that gift with you [the viewer]".[4]

As Ross's popularity grew, his relationship with Alexander became increasingly strained. In a 1991 interview with The New York Times, Alexander said of Ross, "He betrayed me. I invented 'wet on wet'. I trained him, and he is copying me -- what bothers me is not just that he betrayed me, but that he thinks he can do it better." Alexander refers here to the fact that Bob Ross used some of his individual patter like "happy little trees" and borrowed some of his unique peculiarities.[5]

Want to chip in @dlb ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Alexander_(painter)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I fucking hated Bob Ross.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I think I originally made this thread in 2005, and re-created it in 2011. It's really lovely to see it still going strong after like, a zillion years.

No allegro that's a bad allegro! Happy thread!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    How come? He always relaxes me the same way Rhubarb does by Aphex Twin.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Did you ever hear about German artist Bill Alexander who supposedly taught Bob the wet-on-wet technique and said he “betrayed” him? I’ve noticed commonalities between he and Bob both using the term “almighty” to describe certain natural aspects -

TV host and prolific painter Bob Ross studied under Alexander, from whom he learned his wet-on-wet technique, a method of painting rapidly using progressively thicker layers of oil paint.[3] Ross mentioned in the very first episode of the The Joy of Painting that he had learned the technique from Bill Alexander, calling it "the most fantastic way to paint that you've ever seen".[3] Ross also dedicated the first episode of the second season to Alexander, explaining that "I feel as though he gave me a precious gift, and I'd like to share that gift with you [the viewer]".[4]

As Ross's popularity grew, his relationship with Alexander became increasingly strained. In a 1991 interview with The New York Times, Alexander said of Ross, "He betrayed me. I invented 'wet on wet'. I trained him, and he is copying me -- what bothers me is not just that he betrayed me, but that he thinks he can do it better." Alexander refers here to the fact that Bob Ross used some of his individual patter like "happy little trees" and borrowed some of his unique peculiarities.[5]

Want to chip in @dlb ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Alexander_(painter)
    Crazy, first time I've heard of him or that story. The picture in the Wiki article reminds me of someone though so I might have come across him in art classes, but not in connection to Ross. Wow! You learn something new every day I guess?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    This porcupine that I took a picture of yesterday. He's been hanging out in an apple tree in one of the fields behind the house chowing down the past few afternoons. He's so cute. I think he wants a hug.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I found this peanut butter-filled chocolate Twinkie at my local corner store down here in Australia and it made me excited. I'm guessing they’re common in the States?

Are they good?

edit: yes, they are good.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 07-30-2020 at 03:32 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I found this peanut butter-filled chocolate Twinkie at my local corner store down here in Australia and it made me excited. I'm guessing they’re common in the States?

Are they good?

i have never seen one but now i want one

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Are they good?

They have most (or all) of the Hostess snack cakes in chocolate-peanut butter. The hockey pucks (Ding-Dongs) are where it's at.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    i have never seen one but now i want one
    I’ll save you one for The Great ETS Global Meetup in 2021.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    go be a fairy today!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    go be a fairy today!
    stephen pastis has been my favorite comic strip artist for a long time. whether he's brutally making fun of himself or spreading untainted joy, he's wonderful.

he also wrote the graphic novel that the movie Timmy Failure (which was fantastic) was based on.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    indeed! I got my son hooked on the comic and he found the book series by himself.

And the movie is 100% something that can cheer you up right now. If you have Disney+ you should check it out.