Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132
Results 3,931 to 3,934 of 3934

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Okay, so background first: My landlady (who was a friend) died suddenly about a month ago. Our rental house land was then inherited by her wacko daughter. She not only buried her mother with no funeral in her hospital gown (not for lack of funds, she just didn’t care) but then started harassing us to move. Including lovely illegal things like threatening to cut off our water and change our locks etc etc. We ended up having to find a house we could afford that took pets and was near work AND move in less than 13 days just to get away from the hassle and stress.

So while moving, some friends were trying to convince me that my husband and I should take some sort of vengeance (which is typically not my style). My husband said that his method would be to wait until hornets were asleep and then put the nest in the house. I was worried about the hornets being okay at first (everyone said they would be fine) and then thought the idea was funny. BUT there was no way I wanted my husband messing with a hornet’s nest.

I wish to say now that I did not physically do anything….. But we show up the next day to get the rest of our stuff and found bees all over the house, inside and out. Three different species, including carpenter bees. No one in our little group was stung. In fact the bees would part whenever we walked through the swarm and then go back to swarming again. During the afternoon more and more came. By the time we left for the last time we could hear them in the attic and in two of the walls. Hundreds of them. Fuck, yeah.

I took a pic of the beginning of it….

I didn’t have to take vengeance. Nature did it for me. Muahaha!
    Last edited by dedevoce; 11-13-2018 at 12:32 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I was talking to my mother recently, and I mentioned something about a Nintendo Switch and my mom looked at me and said I got you with the holidays coming up. SO HYPE.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Got the apartment, got sort of fleeced as she was really adamant about getting me signed up for this month, pro-rated at least but it's no worries. At least I have plenty of time to move my stuffs. Also, was able to secure a loan for a new car which I should be looking at getting here soon if it's still available, 2003 Honda Accord. Will be a nice change from the beater, but drive-able, '97 intrepid that I have been limping along. The job thing fell through it seems as I asked my boss man about it and he waffled on the subject when i brought it up to him, le douche. I may go talk to the owner chef about switching stores as this dudes shit I'm about done with, but thats for a diff. thread. All in all not a bad last couple of days.

*Also, my FB shit post is still going strong with over 700 pure nonsense .gif comments.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Short story - My best friend's little sister got a dog she isn't caring for at all, and my friend is desperately looking for a home for this 11-month-old puppy.

So uhhh. I'm gonna have a second dog as of Thanksgiving.