Page 143 of 182 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,290 of 5432

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    That kinda made my day.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Blueberry Cheerios are amazing and will be a staple in my household for the foreseeable future.
    Oooooo I gotta try that!!!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I got a chopped salad via the drive-thru at Portillo’s today AND IT WAS AWESOME. And despite the Portillo’s people (for non-Chicagoans, they stand in the drive-through line and take your orders, Portillo’s is very efficient) wearing masks, it almost felt like it was summertime! Almost.

My husband and I split a decadent order of onion rings.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I got a chopped salad via the drive-thru at Portillo’s today AND IT WAS AWESOME. And despite the Portillo’s people (for non-Chicagoans, they stand in the drive-through line and take your orders, Portillo’s is very efficient) wearing masks, it almost felt like it was summertime! Almost.

My husband and I split a decadent order of onion rings.
    the best thing that's ever happened to me at portillo's was ordering a chocolate cake shake with malt and having half the piece of cake and most of the malt get stuck at the bottom of the cup. so when i was done drinking it, i got to eat a big ol' pile of malty cake. mmmmmm

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Portillo's sounds magical....

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Portillo's sounds magical....
    They have two in Florida!

https://www.portillos.com/locations/...mpaign=website

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Ohhhhh....it's time for the stretchy pants!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    whaaaat?!? i had NO IDEA they had any non-chicagoland locations! that's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Ohhhhh....it's time for the stretchy pants!
    get ready for the best crinkle fries you've ever had. and definitely get a chocolate cake shake (and if you're into malt, ask them to add it).

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    whaaaat?!? i had NO IDEA they had any non-chicagoland locations! that's awesome!
    Yeah they’re all over the country now. I didn’t know that until relatively recently, too.

@Magnetic , they’re mostly known for their Italian Beef sandwich, a Chicago staple. They also offer the classic Chicago hot dog.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-13-2020 at 08:40 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Screw the stretchy pants, we're going full-blown sweats for this.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I just got signed on to full time at my job (I work in a grocery store bakery) only old timers usually get it, and i got it within a year. as long as the store stays open I never have to worry about my hours getting cut, or not quite making enough. AND I can get out of the hood finally. east coast hoods are waaaaay different from west coast ones. I'm so relieved.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ldopa View Post
    I just got signed on to full time at my job (I work in a grocery store bakery) only old timers usually get it, and i got it within a year. as long as the store stays open I never have to worry about my hours getting cut, or not quite making enough. AND I can get out of the hood finally. east coast hoods are waaaaay different from west coast ones. I'm so relieved.
    sorry you have to be doing it right now, though stay safe <3

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    My wife had her bilateral mastectomy on Wednesday morning finally after Colorado allowed "elective procedures" to start up again. Despite the mastectomy being necessary due to her having the BRCA1 gene, cancer in both breasts, and absolutely no desire for chemo and/or radiation, the reconstruction part was still considered "elective."

Both surgeons, the anesthesiologist, and her pre-op and OR nurses were fucking great. Surgery started at about 7:45 am and I got the call from the surgeon performing the mastectomy around 9:30 that her portion was done and the plastic surgeon was scrubbing in. He took about 3 hours. So 5 hours total and it was booked for 7 hours. No surprises, no issues, everything went perfectly. She was awake and talking within minutes of being brought out and was in generally good spirits. Due to Covid-19, I could not return to the hospital to visit her after surgery which sucked.

It's been a little rough since she got home midday yesterday but she's doing surprisingly well with everything and her mom is here to help out which is huge.

But, the reason for this post: she got a call a little while ago confirming that ALL of the cancer was removed in surgery. She still has to wait to hear from her oncologist about chemo, but given there was no spread to her lymph nodes and there's none left, I can't imagine why it would be necessary.

Such a huge fucking relief.

Now, two more weeks of dealing with these drainage bags and once that's done, she'll start going in weekly to get the spacers adjusted slightly each time until they're the size she wants her implants to be. Then another surgery is scheduled and apparently it's brutally painful and requires at least 2 weeks off work, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Fuck cancer.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Fuck cancer!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    My wife had her bilateral mastectomy on Wednesday morning finally after Colorado allowed "elective procedures" to start up again. Despite the mastectomy being necessary due to her having the BRCA1 gene, cancer in both breasts, and absolutely no desire for chemo and/or radiation, the reconstruction part was still considered "elective."

Fuck cancer.
    That is awesome. Fingers crossed for everything.
    Fuck cancer.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my new album is out today on Trepanation Recordings! seems to be getting a pretty good response so far!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    my new album is out today on Trepanation Recordings! seems to be getting a pretty good response so far!
    Congratulations, that's really awesome. Good luck with everything!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000476135880

a song from my new album was discussed (and then they played an excerpt of it) on this podcast! 37:20 specifically.

really cool to hear other people talk about my music!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Ok, I'm sorry, Wicca Phase, if you're a member here, or read this forum, as I'm REALLY not trying to break your balls, and I respect the grind.

Check this out.

This...I could make this standing on my head. I mean, the beat is decent but generic. And the kid doesn't even make his own beats, and he's fucking MAKING it: touring, getting hundreds of thousands of views on youtube.
    I'm not a great singer, but I can sing as well as THIS, most of the time at least. AND, the kid is in his thirties.

The reason that this cheers me up is that I've been SO broken about barely being able to play guitar since I got RA.

THIS inspires me to keep writing, as all I've done of late is make trap beats. I can do THIS better than this, and this motherfucker is an up and coming star.

I know a lot of that shit is luck, and I'm not aiming to be a star.

But I DO feel WAY more confident about writing and singing without my guitar, after seeing the success of this business here.I

Edit: seriously, do i just start writing and singing over my hip hop beats?
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-02-2020 at 08:38 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    hadn't touched my drill since august 3rd. picked it up today to help me assemble some ikea stuff, and it still had a full charge. holy shit, those are some good rechargeable batteries. thanks, ryobi!

wow that sounded like a spam post trying to promote a brand hahaha

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    hadn't touched my drill since august 3rd. picked it up today to help me assemble some ikea stuff, and it still had a full charge. holy shit, those are some good rechargeable batteries. thanks, ryobi!
    Same here! (Except mine's a DeWalt) I needed to drill drainage holes into my new planters, hadn't touched my drill since at least last July. Full charge! And I used this on full torque to drill several holes. Totally awesome.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Same here! (Except mine's a DeWalt) I needed to drill drainage holes into my new planters, hadn't touched my drill since at least last July. Full charge! And I used this on full torque to drill several holes. Totally awesome.
    it's amazing how far rechargeable battery technology has come in the last 20 years.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    My adorable kitty, Agent Cooper, picked up a bag of treats with his teeth, carried them across the room, jumped up on the bed and dropped them in front of me.

It was pretty damn funny.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Remembering the fun parts of the 80s: the big hair, shoulder pads, neon color clothes, MTV, the Chicken News Network, 8 bits Nintendo, cassette tape, the music; oh Lord the glorious music...

And effin NEW COKE. My deep hatred of New COKE is making me feel nostalgic. What a scandal that was!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Remembering the fun parts of the 80s: the big hair, shoulder pads, neon color clothes, MTV, the Chicken News Network, 8 bits Nintendo, cassette tape, the music; oh Lord the glorious music...

And effin NEW COKE. My deep hatred of New COKE is making me feel nostalgic. What a scandal that was!
    I hacked a Wii and turned it into a veritable gaming museum, that is playable.
    And it has literally every 8 bit nes game on it.

I still remember games I read about in Nintendo Power when I was a kid, that I didn't get to play, and give them a go.

It takes me back to a simpler time, when renting a video game, getting pizza delivery, and having a friend spend the night, was the pinnacle of happiness.

8 and 16 bit gaming scratches the nostalgia itch for me in SUCH an incredible way: it's a BIG part of why I'm not up on the hot new video games.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I hacked a Wii and turned it into a veritable gaming museum, that is playable.
    And it has literally every 8 bit nes game on it.

I still remember games I read about in Nintendo Power when I was a kid, that I didn't get to play, and give them a go.

It takes me back to a simpler time, when renting a video game, getting pizza delivery, and having a friend spend the night, was the pinnacle of happiness.

8 and 16 bit gaming scratches the nostalgia itch for me in SUCH an incredible way: it's a BIG part of why I'm not up on the hot new video games.
    Somewhere in a closet I have an original PONG home version which still worked last time I checked. Also a few old ATARI systems including the elusive 5200. And of course I still have the iconic 8 bit NES. I love the older games! It was all about game play instead of immersive graphics. I even programmed a simple game for my TRS-80 Color Computer which was an extremely tedious process!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    for my TRS-80 Color Computer
    You had a Trash 80! LOL that's awesome! Did you build it yourself from the Shack? We had an old Pong game, too; the rudimentary aspects of it are HILARIOUS in comparison, aren't they?

And for Macs, we thought this fucking talking moose was novel.

When I saw these few posts, above, it instantly reminded me of my best friend and I living a block away from each other and getting together after work to play Burger Time on her Intellivision system for hours. Then I had that God damned Burger Time song in my head ALL DAY TODAY!!!! LOL

Last edited by allegro; 06-12-2020 at 08:28 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    OMG I love Burger Time! I could play it for hours. I especially loved crushing the egg, for some reasons.
    @allegro Remember this?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    You had a Trash 80! LOL that's awesome! Did you build it yourself from the Shack?
    I got my TRS-80 for free from local curbside scavenging. No cassette drive so it was all real time. Unplug it and all was lost! No way to save programs. But it got me hooked, and a few years later I bought a brand new 8088 computer with a 5.25 floppy drive. And shortly after that, I got me a super fast 300 baud Hayes modem which was top of the line, and allowed me to dial into local BBSs.

Things evolved as they tend to do, and I was an early participant in CompuServe, Prodigy, and AOL; where I volunteered as a Host and Guide in exchange for free connect time. Since AOL charged by the minute for connect time, this was a big deal. Prior to volunteering my monthly dial up bill was often over 1K.

AOL in the early days was just so much fun! I was in the chat room "People Connection" when we invented LOL, and many other terms, some of which are now lost to time. And I met my wife in an AOL chat room over 27 years ago. They told us that online romance could never last. But here we are!