Page 101 of 182 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 5432

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Congrats @theruiner Good luck with the new gig!

I'm cheered by the piss me off thread. 2007 that shitz would have gone crazy, but you guys dun wicked good - yeah I went there. Fuck it - next year is around the corner and I'm pretty dam happy to turn and burn this year with hope for the next being better, even better.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    it's my birthday! and it's going great so far! had a rough couple of days leading up to it so i'm very thankful. and my wife got me star trek boxer briefs! red, yellow, and blue, for the three different "departments" on the original enterprise.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    My son. Not that I need cheering up, he just adds so much to our lives everyday. He's 3 and is a full on Star Wars nerd! #best

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    My son. Not that I need cheering up, he just adds so much to our lives everyday. He's 3 and is a full on Star Wars nerd! #best
    by the time i was four, i could quote the entire original trilogy front to back because i watched our (VHS dubbed from laserdisc) copies so many times.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    by the time i was four, i could quote the entire original trilogy front to back because i watched our (VHS dubbed from laserdisc) copies so many times.
    Awesome! My uncle sat me down to watch the original trilogy around that age, and we watched the hell out of them too. I was hooked as soon as I saw the ship on screen in ANH.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Finally coming to terms/grips with my religious upbringing and overall experiences with Christianity, specifically the Protestant denomination/sect that is the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-03-2016 at 10:18 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Making my annual vacation plans with my brother to go to Coachella. I'm really fortunate that 1: I can afford it 2: I like my brother 3: I don't annoy him too much - I mean, I am his little sister, doesn't matter how old we get, I will always be his little sister.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Today marks 7 years without using meth for me, and 23 years without drinking alcohol for my father.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Today marks 7 years without using meth for me, and 23 years without drinking alcohol for my father.

Congrats!
    I had no idea you partied so hard back in the day, lawd!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

That is fucking amazing. Congrats!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

meth is fucking horrifying and not having it in your life for 7 years is truly something to brag on.
    the alcohol: i can't relate, babe.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I was very successful at completely ruining my life!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I was very successful at completely ruining my life!
    if you managed to keep your teeth in the vortex, you did head and shoulders above most!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    wreck-it ralph.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    my synthesizer of pure ultimate motherfucking evil

https://www.instagram.com/p/BAmP1Syz...n-by=psycinder

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    this morning my friend rode his harley right up on the front lawn and revved until i came outside. that was my alarm today. might have pissed off my neighbors, but it made me happy.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    making giant cookies out of the batter stuck to the bowl at the end and adding all the extra M&Ms inside/on top

also, just baking in general. it makes me feel good. wish i liked more things so i could expand my baking ouevre beyond the basics. although the french silk pie i made from scratch with an oreo crust a while back was pretty impressive.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe oh my god I stopped baking a while ago because I've tried to cut all sugar that isn't from natural stuff like fruit out of my diet and I miss the process of it so much. It never failed to make me feel like some magical elf or something. Just the smell it fills a house with is the most soothing, therapeutic, relaxing thing. Somehow it has none of the pressure other cooking does for me.

And that thing looks amazing! Would totally buy it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    @eversonpoe oh my god I stopped baking a while ago because I've tried to cut all sugar that isn't from natural stuff like fruit out of my diet and I miss the process of it so much. It never failed to make me feel like some magical elf or something. Just the smell it fills a house with is the most soothing, therapeutic, relaxing thing. Somehow it has none of the pressure other cooking does for me.

And that thing looks amazing! Would totally buy it.
    the trick is to bake for other people! i packed more than half the cookies i made today into ziplocs to give to various people, leaving my wife and i with only 17 of the 58 cookies i made. (although i also ate 4.5 of the 41 other cookies)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    the trick is to bake for other people!
    Oh! IS IT?????????? So where's my cookie then?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    Oh! IS IT?????????? So where's my cookie then?
    i tried to ship cookies to australia once. i vacuum packed them and took great care. and they arrived all in crumbs, and stale. i don't know why. but some day, i will find a way to send you some cookies. SOME DAY, MY FRIEND.

(p.s. i don't even remember WHY i owe you a cookie haha)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

(p.s. i don't even remember WHY i owe you a cookie haha)
    The why isn't important, just the cookie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Start date for new job finally came through today

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    the x files is finally here (on sunday, right?)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    the x files is finally here (on sunday, right?)
    yup.

my wife and i had a REALLY hard time getting through the second movie. it took us five or six different sittings over the course of TWO WEEKS because it was so...i don't think "bad" is the right word. but it wasn't good. it was really uncomfortable, and really dark, and lacked the playfulness and levity of the series (and the first movie), which would persist even through dark episodes. plus, mulder got rid of his beard halfway through (booooooo he was SO HOT with the beard), and scully's b-plot was SO DEPRESSING.

anyway, i'm happy we finished it so now we can watch the new series, even though it seems like we would have been perfectly fine skipping it.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    yup.

my wife and i had a REALLY hard time getting through the second movie. it took us five or six different sittings over the course of TWO WEEKS because it was so...i don't think "bad" is the right word. but it wasn't good. it was really uncomfortable, and really dark, and lacked the playfulness and levity of the series (and the first movie), which would persist even through dark episodes. plus, mulder got rid of his beard halfway through (booooooo he was SO HOT with the beard), and scully's b-plot was SO DEPRESSING.

anyway, i'm happy we finished it so now we can watch the new series, even though it seems like we would have been perfectly fine skipping it.
    yeah it was fucking ROUGH

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i got that Kabbalah for Beginners in the mail ( @allegro )

and also Infinite Jest.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    My son, who just turned 2 years old, likes to put things on his head.

Two days ago he started babbling about how his toy diggers and other machines have "motors" in them. Who knows where kids pick these things up.

Yesterday he put a bulldozer on his head, and said, "Motorhead!" about 10 times.

My wife said that on his way to daycare today, he said, "Daddy says Motorhead!" several times.

Somewhere, Lemmy is smiling as broadly as me.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    My fiancé and I have been worried about our 18 month old daughter's leg for a while. We took her for an X-ray (I had to hold her down while she bawled her eyes out and I wore something that looked like a butcher's apron to keep away the radiation), and we went to the doctors and got the results. Turns out nothing is wrong. Big relief!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cooked a costly indian curry for the first time today and it tastes really yummi.