Page 149 of 182 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,470 of 5432

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    OK, so in a few minutes I'm going out for my first socially distanced date of my life, and my first first-date in more than 3 years....

I don't know whether it's the covid or the first first-date nature that's got me nervous, but here goes nothing! Wish me luck!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    OK, so in a few minutes I'm going out for my first socially distanced date of my life, and my first first-date in more than 3 years....

I don't know whether it's the covid or the first first-date nature that's got me nervous, but here goes nothing! Wish me luck!
    It went well. She seems really sweet, and easy to get along with.

I think there's going to be a second date.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe

PouresMaggieI got a part-time job once at serving as a DJ on a beach (tis the popular thing to do, during summer), so after having played lots of mainstream pop songs and remixes, I thought "to hell with this" and played Treasure Trove Cove.2 minutes in, I see the manager walking towards me. He goes "wtf is this you're playing?!" a passerby, tenant on the beach listens to this and goes "That's Banjo-Kazooie, let the guy be." A single tear rolled down my eye and a smile so wide it made my cheeks ache appeared. I played the rest of the song and the manager walked away.Lots of peeps seemed to enjoy it too and many came up to my booth and went "yo is this Banjo-Kazooie!?" best day ever. I wasn't called again to serve as a DJ on that beach though.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    i don't know why you tagged me in this but it made me smile

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i don't know why you tagged me in this but it made me smile
    I thought this might’ve been another childhood game for you like it was for me since we talked about Yoshi in the other thread, lol

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Google removes 17 Android apps caught engaging in WAP billing fraud

Gotta say I was disappointed it wasn't wet ass pussy billing fraud, that would have been real news.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I know this is several years old but I watched it for the first time yesterday. This is brilliant and so very well done. amazing.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Donald Trump contracting covid-19.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

y'all...i just...holy shit...

I'm always excited to encounter a new track from Chicago-based multi-instrumentalist Everson Poe. Why? Besides being, y'know, uniformly
    enjoyable, there's inevitably a strong element of surprise involved. They dance through genres with an intrigue and ease that perpetually keeps the audience guessing--from industrial, to goth, to doom, to ambient soundscapes, and beyond. New single "Mirror" is a particularly strong example of this ability to merge and meld sounds to create something that feels sonically fresh and enticing. The beat is catchy as hell, and that refrain looms with a delightful menace. The verdict? If you're unfamiliar, it's high time to familiarize yerself.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    having completed two listens, I concur.

Also:

Last edited by allegate; 10-02-2020 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Just so much fun!!!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    We got ten thousand dollars through a loophole in the stimulus.

"We got ten thousand dollars, we got ten thousand dollars (a la Wayne's World.)"

I'm spending my half on blow.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    We got ten thousand dollars through a loophole in the stimulus.

"We got ten thousand dollars, we got ten thousand dollars (a la Wayne's World.)"

I'm spending my half on blow.
    ...that last part was a joke, i hope...

anyway, that's fucking INCREDIBLE. and i am so jealous. i don't even think i got my second stimulus stuff (only the one from several months ago).

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ...that last part was a joke, i hope...

anyway, that's fucking INCREDIBLE. and i am so jealous. i don't even think i got my second stimulus stuff (only the one from several months ago).
    Well, I'm disabled, from the epilepsy/broken back/RA/ and the bipolar disorder that you've witnessed first hand.

And my wife hasn't been working because there are no fucking jobs in this town. So, my mom has this huge house, and we run all her errands for her, etc, but we don't even have our own car.

And we've been here for...well, I joined the new board when we got here, so, that many years.

With this money, perhaps we can get legal (as I have fees and L has tickets,) get a car, and look for work in a nearby town.

I'm fucking BADASS at boiler room sales: I used to come into work at 6am and make $500 before nine. And then I'd usually leave, lol. THAT is something I could still do, even with the disability: desk job, short hours.

And my wife can get a job in another town.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to get supplemental disability.

We just don't want to live with my mom FOREVER, even though our part of the house is basically a good sized apartment. It's still fucking stressful sometimes.

I was happier having my own shit, before we came here, tbh, even though we were less secure.

And, we've NEVER got to live, married, with just US, you know what I mean M?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    An acquaintance through a third party... we've developed a decent FB friendship when they realized I was cool over the last 3 years. (Their nature was always timid, and I'm a no pressure person.) They have a profession that allows for long hours of zoning out, and today they posted how they loved the movie Gone Girl, and just today realized how awesome the soundtrack was.
    Their quote: Wish I'd discovered much sooner that the Gossip Girl soundtrack helps me get work done. Good groove!

My reply: Psst. The Social Network was better! See also: Before the Flood: Mogwai +TRAR +Gustavo Santaolalla. Some of the better zone-out & work music for me.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Alan Watts perpetually cheers me up. I'd be happy floating off from this existence to the next with just his voice in my ears.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    received the final mixes for my next album today. first time (other than the contributions i made to Ganser) i've let someone else mix a project i'm involved in since i was 16, and it was an overwhelmingly positive experience. they sound SO good, and so different than how i would have mixed them, which makes it even more exciting.

still can't believe i've completed five albums this year (along with a handful of other things, some of which haven't been released yet).

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I've been involved with a project at work (full service online complaint form, education, etc.) that officially launched last night. It's government contract work so it's nothing terribly exciting, but seeing a full year of work finally get released is a relief. I'm also working on another facet of the site that gets demoed to the contractor in a week with proposed launch in about 45 days so there's still a ton of work to do.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    The comments, omg...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    What's the difference between Jeff Bezos & God? God doesn't go around pretending he's Jeff Bezos.