Page 82 of 182 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 5446

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    554 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    You and the big toys. Must be nice.
    No kids, can't take it with us. Snort.

Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    this does not make me feel better about PayPal.
    Always use a credit card, not a debit card, online. Always. Get a credit card solely for the purpose of using it online and at gas stations. Experts suggest you also use that credit card at grocery stores and all other retail outlets. This way, nobody can hit up your bank account. Sure, you'll get the money back but it will be delayed. If you're worried about interest, pay that credit card off every month, natch.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    60-degree weather for weeks in february. sorry 'bout it, east coast.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    No kids, can't take it with us. Snort.

Always use a credit card, not a debit card, online. Always. Get a credit card solely for the purpose of using it online and at gas stations. Experts suggest you also use that credit card at grocery stores and all other retail outlets. This way, nobody can hit up your bank account. Sure, you'll get the money back but it will be delayed. If you're worried about interest, pay that credit card off every month, natch.
    You crack me up, snort.

Credit card for everything - check. Already do it. Pay off every month- yup.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    @Jinsai , that JPEG loaded so slowly I was starting to think I was stoned.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Checked in for my Southwest flight tomorrow and got in the "A" group. *does happy dance*

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Checked in for my Southwest flight tomorrow and got in the "A" group. *does happy dance*
    Where are you going?

Your inbox is full, btw.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Congrats!! Haha, reminded me of seeing this recently:

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Where are you going?

Your inbox is full, btw.
    Oh, thanks for the heads up! Fixed.

Also, going to So Cal for a few days. We're doing an unveiling ceremony thing for my dad's headstone on Sunday. And I'm seeing one of my closest friends tomorrow who I haven't seen in person in almost 9 years! So it's bittersweet.

What's NOT bittersweet, what flat out sucks, is having to get up at 4 in the morning on a Saturday to catch the flight. Oh, well. Still beats being at work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This pattern sounds a lot like a social engineering attack. Someone nearby maybe, or who is willing to dig through your trash to get all your acct numbers and other info. Shred your bank papers before tossing, or burn them. And don't put bank papers in your recycling. It leaves them nice and clean and accessible in a cool, dry bin. Keep those personal docs separate and when you /do/ throw them out, saturate 'em in coffee grounds and bacon grease.

Well, I did a PayPal transaction the day before, but I didn't use my savings account information, I used my debit card. I would NEVER use my savings account information for anything like that. But I guess he was able to get my savings info from stealing my debit card info somehow.

What's funny is, when I closed those accounts and opened new ones the other day, the banker was like, "Don't worry, you can use this debit card online or whatever and there's NO WAY they can get your savings account information from it, even if they compromise your checking account (that the debit card is hooked up to)." I was like, um...isn't that EXACTLY what just happened? The entire reason why I'm opening a new account in the first place? "Oh, yeah, I guess so."

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I successfully trimmed my hair by myself! My roommate did fix a couple long pieces for me but what I'm saying is I didn't entirely fuck it up!!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Being able to pay for things in exact change.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Just landed in London a couple hours ago.
    Short business trip. Flying back to Montreal Thursday.
    2nd time here. Great city.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm going to have my second pole dancing lesson tomorrow. I say lesson because it's not a class I'm paying for, it's a girl at a local college (my roommate goes there and he invited me to this pole get together) that decided to start teaching informally. It's so much fun, it's giving my inner burlesque performer dreams a little chance to come out, hehehe. It's awesome too because I'm not nearly as shy as the freshman I see (I was that shy too then) and it's just really shown me how much I've grown up.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Pierogi or GTFO.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I did a predictive index test today. It's pretty interesting how just choosing adjectives of how you think people perceive you and how you perceive yourself can generate a two page report that articulates me, how I work, what I need to be successful etc.

"She has a strong sense of urgency, initiative, and competitive drive to get things done, with emphasis on working with and through people in the process. She understands people well and uses that understanding effectively in persuading others to do willingly what she wants them to do"

Muwaahahahaha

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Chocolate rugelach. Boom.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    I got $400 in prepaid debit card money for my birthday.

So far i've got Mario 64, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Paper Mario, and Retro City Rampage (all straight to the Wii on the VC.)

I've ordered Wii Punch Out, Super Mario Galaxy 2 (and a copy for my brother and his wife,) and classic controller to play SNES games on homebrew.

But best of all, i am getting a Yamaha QY70.
    A qy is a like a pattern based sequencer that you can hold in the palm of your hand. I already know how to work the thing because i worked with an older one for years.

And this new one has FIVE HUNDRED plus voices and twenty something drum kits.

I can't wait to get my hands on this fucking thing.
    Check out the demo.

i can't wait to get my hands on this motherfucker.
    Between it, my Zoom R24, FL Studio, Audacity, my guitar and my voice...shiiiiiiiit....it's gonna be on like donkey kong

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    ear phones and...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Ate some chicken heart without really knowing what it was. Gonna be honest, wasn't that bad.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Chicken hearts are delicious. A common sight at Brazilian meat-fests. (bbq's).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    An unexpected $2300? Sure!

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I got my money back!!! The bank put a deposit into my account for the money that was stolen. Now I have to call them and find out if they caught the guy.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i have a first generation ipod touch (32 gigs and totally full) that stopped working correctly probably two or three years ago. the power button didn't work anymore and the battery life was next to nothing. it had to be docked to function. no shit, the power button works like a charm and it holds a charge like it's brand new now.

wtf? i'm baffled, but stoked.
    Last edited by kel; 03-01-2015 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    When you log into ETS and realize @Sarah K now has your freshman yearbook picture as her avatar.

Sweet baby jesus

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    oh god that needs to be a thing...

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    oh god that needs to be a thing...

Too good not to post in full HD, though this may be more appropriate in the narcissism thread.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    It is a thing of beauty...

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    It is a thing of beauty...
    The year after I was wearing a super sweet stone cold steve austin camo tshirt. Would you believe I was single all but 4 months of high school?!?!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Little things that cheer you up.

^^^^^
    I was wondering what that pic was. Nice part.

Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    i have a first generation ipod touch (32 gigs and totally full) that stopped working correctly probably two or three years ago. the power button didn't work anymore and the battery life was next to nothing. it had to be docked to function. no shit, the power button works like a charm and it holds a charge like it's brand new now.

wtf? i'm baffled, but stoked.
    Maybe it's its last gasp before it strokes out for good. I've got a classic too that has the same terrible battery life. I should really get something new. It's my go-to device when I'm on a plane.
    Last edited by Dra508; 03-02-2015 at 09:39 AM.