Page 161 of 182 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 171 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,830 of 5443

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i have a bunch of new music out today!

https://eversonpoe.bandcamp.com/album/enough-enough

my covers EP featuring several friends on vocals

https://cavedwellermusic.bandcamp.co...metal-volume-1

this mental health benefit comp that has an exclusive song from me on it

https://numbersix.bandcamp.com/album/monster-movie

and my collaborative project with my friend mac has a new EP out as well!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I had a nice, hot shower.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I got my first haircut in ages. I had spent 2019 growing my hair out, 2020 having long hair, and 2021 loathing it. I always go back to this style. The stylist was my age and couldn't have been kinder. He was vaccinated (J&J) and totally got my paranoia.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Ooooooh @Magnetic - It looks fabulous! Love it!

I did the SAME thing three weeks ago; I’d grown it out, “Covid hair,” for a year. Then I just HATED it and wanted it GONE, so now it’s a shorter curly bob and I love it. Feels like I lost 10 pounds.

Cheers me up: Lately, I’ve been drowning under the weight of all that is involved in this basement renovation and moving everything out plus caring for my mom plus an elderly friend in her building is buying the condo. Stuff has been totally stress-filled and nuts, and made worse by our contractor not calling me back, lately.

Today, he called me. Ends up he’s been sick, he sounds sick. Sinus stuff.

Whew, what a relief. I thought he’d left town or something.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-08-2021 at 12:10 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Yah, it's so stupid. It takes me 1.5 years to grow my hair to my shoulders. I loathe the transition, and then when I have long hair, I don't really like it. Then I'll keep it chopped for 3-5 years. It always feels sooooo good after that chop. It was 9" (heh) off the back, and ~3" off the front. The stylist was so delighted.

Glad your contractor resurfaced! Moving in and of itself sucks, and then adding elder care and transactional shit....yah.

Today I went to the walmart by my apartment to get things for my place and flowers for my mom. It feels really weird to be in stores again. Thankfully everyone was wearing masks, though of course there were 2-3 nose diapers.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    First thing I'm doing after getting my second vaccine shot is scheduling a hair appointment. My hair is down to my ass!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I feel bad for you all because since I started losing some hair I just buzz it all down to the skin every weekend. >10 minutes and a shower later and I'm g2g.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I feel bad for you all because since I started losing some hair I just buzz it all down to the skin every weekend. >10 minutes and a shower later and I'm g2g.
    pics or it didn't happen (of your head, not you in the shower)

hung out with my friend caito last night from 8:00pm til 2:00am, got to meet her partner who is super sweet. had so much fun. we just talked with drag race on in the background. might have slightly overdone it on drinks but i was having gin so i'm not too bad today.

just trying to take it easy on my last day before i start at starbucks tomorrow. my friend elizabeth (my oldest friend, who i haven't seen in a couple years) is coming over this afternoon and i'm excited.
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 05-10-2021 at 10:47 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The 60s superhero cartoons where all they do is talk to themselves and describe what they will do. These isolated superheroes and villains get lonely, too. I'm watching the old Birdman series, and it's so great.

"Now that I, Evil the Evil Guy, have taken control of "X", I will contact the government for one million dollars."

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    The prick i mentioned in the piss you off thread has been arrested and he also has a restraining order by AHS against him.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 05-16-2021 at 04:46 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    @neorev @eversonpoe

I figured out where to put the sticker.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @allegate nice!

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Everyone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE skip to the 6:52 mark. I can’t explain how much I’ve been laughing rewatching it:
    @allegate @allegro @Magnetic @elevenism @ickyvicky

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    We went to the library on Saturday. I mean, it was before the cat thing so that took a lot of time but still, it was a very cheery-up time. We had to make an appointment and were only able to walk around the library for 30 minutes but that was still great. It's been so long! Oh I love our library, it is so awesome.

I picked up the first three volumes of the Annotated Sandman - which I've never read - and that's only because they didn't have volume 4. Carrying that around...whew. I also grabbed AMORALMAN by Derek Delgaudio. So far it's the stories from his Hulu special but with extra words. I mean, that's not a terrible thing but also...it's the same thing but more? I'm only 50 pages in though so it could change. BTW if you haven't seen the special check it out. It's a one man show and there are stories. That's all I am going to say, and all you should know before watching it.

Also grabbed The Witches graphic novel by Pénélope Bagieu and Roald Dahl. Much better than that recent movie - which would have seriously tanked at the theater, lucky them it didn't get released.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    I want to eat them.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Last one lol

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    WAIT wait wait. How much are the stickers? @eversonpoe @neorev

No-one ever tells me about anything cool. No one told me about the nin covid masks, no one mentioned eversonpoe stickers.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

No-one ever tells me about anything cool. No one told me about the nin covid masks, no one mentioned eversonpoe stickers.
    @allegate bought a sh*t ton of digital music plus a couple CDs of mine thru my Bandcamp for Bandcamp Friday. As a little thank you, I threw in some stickers and an acrylic pin I had made recently as a bonus.

I got NR stickers as:
    5x5 inch circular holographic sticker
    3x3 inch circular holographic sticker
    3x3 inch die cut sticker
    1.25x1.25 inch acrylic pins

I also just made this 5x5 inch big square one that has my logo and a colorful retro graphic.

I shared pics on my Facebook wall when I got them made a couple months ago. I did a small run of each for fun. If you're interested in buying a set, hit me up.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

mine came free with any physical orders of my last album / shirt. orders also came with little pins!

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    So we've got a little black lab puppy, who's 3.5 months old.

She actually licked my face and woke me up this morning, to take her outside to take a leak, and drop anchor.

I've never raised a puppy, and never been so excited about the waste elimination of an animal.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I am making a song called "Gizmo's Bounce House" because when I start playing it, my corgi starts jumping around and making little yelp noises that I've been sampling into the song. It's my little moment of zen happiness in what has otherwise been a pretty bleak day.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

she caught some wall there on the stumble but damn if she didn't knock that bear down. wow.

This is hilarious. I don't know how "Spoiler: christopher.glass at gmail.com" is such a common thing but he's always getting email from other people using that to sign up for things. One person signed up for a singles site, one signed up for a phone service, and then there's the...I think comcast?...where some wacky hijinks with actual physical items were involved.

I'm almost positive he's living Memento and instead of photos and tattoos he's using email.

edited to at least block the email address from crawlers. also it's not like it would be hard for you to guess what his email address is from that screen shot + twit name.
    Last edited by allegate; 06-01-2021 at 11:25 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    This is hilarious. I don't know how "Spoiler: christopher.glass at gmail.com" is such a common thing but he's always getting email from other people using that to sign up for things.
    I also have a really common name, and I had to get rid of my old Yahoo email address way back in the day because I kept getting receipts for GUN AND AMMO purchases. wtf.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    I just found out today that the high level masons who use swords to guard the doors in the temple, when the ceremonies for the topmost degrees are going on, are called "Tylers."

My paternal grandfather was a 33rd degree mason and a Grand Potentate. My father didn't join, and they damn sure never asked ME, but, I'm glad to have SOME connection to it, if only in name.