Page 54 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 5445

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Putting Q-Tips in my ear.

Uuuuuuugh.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    etsy.
    i could live there.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Putting Q-Tips in my ear.

Uuuuuuugh.
    especially when you are verging on too deep?
    or is that just me.
    it is almost like scratching an unscratchable itch.
    satisfying, in any case.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Pretty sure one of my coworkers was attracted to me last night. Which isn't what cheers me up. I'm in a relationship and I work with the guy. Yeah, no.

What cheers me up? ACTUALLY PICKING UP ON THAT. I'm getting better at it as I get older.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Yep, the radar gets better with age!

Things that cheer me up:
    - Seeing the new X-Men movie tomorrow
    - Had a lovely lunch with my girl yesterday, then went to a couple fetish-wear/lingerie shops where she pointed out various underwear she thought was cute/sexy and wants to buy and wear around me. So... yay!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tomorrow, I get to meet a friend that I've known on the internet since I was like 15.

SUPER EXCITING.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    How'd it go, are you still alive?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Uhhhh... It ended up not happening. Haha. He has been staying with another guy we have known on the internet for forever, as well... But they lived in the same city once upon a time, so actually became good friends. I've been here 8 months, and never met him, because he's always seemed like a huge dick.

Anyway, they were dicking around somewhere yesterday afternoon, and the asshole one ended up getting arrested at Penn Station, I guess. So I waited around for a little bit. Then I was like FUCK IT and took my makeup and clothes off because it was hot as fuck. So by the time he was able to meet, I was kinda like "Meh". It was late, and I had work today.

WHAT A DICK

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @Sarah K : at least you can now smoothly turn that post into a post in the little things that piss you off thread, so there's that. Perfect transition point

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I said "dick" a lot of times in that post.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    That͜'s̨ ̡pretty͡ coo̶l.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Whenever I'm in the mood, my favorite fast foods seem to do the trick. It just seems to always hit the spot for me. I even surprised myself, because I used to not be that big of a fast food fan before. I think I've mentioned this before, but it really seems to be a little thing that cheers me up a lot more now. I also love eating out at non-fast food restaurants more than I used to in the past as well. It's definitely one of the things that makes for a good time to me whenever I leave my house.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Fiiiiinally got my cellphone replaced. 10 days without a phone wasn't too bad but 10 days without portable music was hell.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Any commute that takes less than 1 hour.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Okay, this is the third thread in which i've posted this, but i am giddy as fuck and want everyone to know....

My sweet Lady of Lorien (her name is actually Lorien, like LOTR,) are actually getting married, ASAP!
    Probably next week.

We've been together and engaged for 2 years (yes, we got engaged about 3 days after we met, and it was true love at first sight,) and we already live as though we are married, so we decided fuck it!

I love her so. I can't fucking wait!!!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Any commute that takes less than 1 hour.
    My walk to work is 15 minutes, I fucking love it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    new mattress, new pillows, and finally a good night sleep!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Okay, this is the third thread in which i've posted this, but i am giddy as fuck and want everyone to know....

My sweet Lady of Lorien (her name is actually Lorien, like LOTR,) are actually getting married, ASAP!
    Probably next week.

We've been together and engaged for 2 years (yes, we got engaged about 3 days after we met, and it was true love at first sight,) and we already live as though we are married, so we decided fuck it!

I love her so. I can't fucking wait!!!!
    This post cheered me up. Congratulations to the both of you!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    My neurologist said that if we double my Topamax dosage from 25MG in the morning to 25MG in the morning and 25MG at night, it'd work better and the side effects would be lots less by splitting the dosage. So I started on March 17th, and he was right; side effects not bad at all.

And I haven't had a migraine since April 4th.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I rejoice ever time I can't remember when I last had a migraine. The last time I had one was a few weeks ago though due to my mysterious hives that caused extreme swelling in my face.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Thank you, @Perdita

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Vanilla iced coffee from Starbucks with Junior Mints. I'm craving that again. I noticed that I also like having that after a having a tuna sandwich from Subway.

I might as well post this kind of thing in the "What are you eating?" thread, but they really are among the foods and beverages that perk me right up sometimes, depending on my mood.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhet View Post
    new mattress, new pillows, and finally a good night sleep!
    Oh hell yeah!!! At the end of the day, there is not in better than to lay down and sleep. I sleep with a body pillow; and if it had a dick, I would never leave my room.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @Kris I'm hoping you've seen the episode of Seinfeld with Junior Mints

Getting on a scale and seeing that I've lost a few pounds in the past week is always a nice little surprise. A couple people I know have told me lately that I've been looking thinner/smaller, and damn is that a nice thing to hear.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    @Kris I'm hoping you've seen the episode of Seinfeld with Junior Mints
    Oh yes, I certainly did. It's one of my most favorite shows ever, as I've loved t he show enough to get all of the seasons on DVD. Here's the Seinfeld thread if you're interested, and it's definitely a great yet little thing that cheers me up whenever I'm in the mood too.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...s/208-Seinfeld

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Getting on a scale and seeing that I've lost a few pounds in the past week is always a nice little surprise. A couple people I know have told me lately that I've been looking thinner/smaller, and damn is that a nice thing to hear.
    So. Freakin. Jealous.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Accidentally dropping in on a conversation between a group of friends all saying nothing but awesome and positive things about me. I feel like a million fucking bucks right now.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Reading a George Carlin book. Or watching one of his HBO shows.
    It was nearly eleven-thirty, and I had just put the cat out. But it hadn't been easy. He'd burned more fiercely than I had anticipated.
    The poor thing had caught fire earlier in the evening when, in an effort to test his reflexes, I had thrown his favorite toy mouse into the fireplace, and instinctively he raced after it.
    "WHOOOOOOOOM!" you might say.
    At first, I let him burn awhile just to teach him a lesson, and to peel off a couple of layers of the mud, mange and matted hair which seemed lately, sadly, to have robbed him of a step or two. But I must admit I was also quite fascinated by the many spectacular colors he began to glow with. Colors, no doubt, owed in part to the countless hours he spent killing time in the toxic dump next door. It was quite a show. In fact, I saw several pyrotechnic effects I dare say have not been witnessed since the Grucci home exploded during the Bicentennial.
    Then, as the feline conflagration began to burn itself out and I could see the clear, stark outline of his hairless body, he began to emit a dense cloud of smoke, along with some other gaseous substance which I can only describe as "cat steam." Acting quickly, I covered him in several cheap sweaters that no longer fit and pounded him gently, although not without anger, for just over an hour, or until the smoke died down and he stopped his by then bothersome screeching.
    At that point, energized, apparently, by a sudden burst of pain and fear, he leapt several feet into the air, went stiff and spread-eagled and began to spin violently, giving off an ominous low-frequency hum and circling the ceiling fan in an elliptical orbit. He circled for the better part of an hour. Finally, exhausted, or, I thought, maybe dead, he went suddenly limp, his orbit decayed and he smashed into an eighteenth-century breakfront, landing heavily on the floor. For three days he lay motionless. When he finally awoke, I opened a can of Bits O' Kidney and fed him by hand.
    I can tell you this: although he looked quite unusual, and he smelled god-awful, I was glad I could be there for him when he needed me.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    There is a new David Gray song.