Page 175 of 182 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,250 of 5442

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    @MrLobster how long is your beard?

About that long... (ignoring the fries and small cup of gravy)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    ^ Thanks! *pat*

I caved and installed Wordle today. Got my first one right at guess #4. Is that good for my first one? The word is/was Spoiler: sorry.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    ^ Thanks! *pat*

I caved and installed Wordle today. Got my first one right at guess #4. Is that good for my first one? The word is/was Spoiler: sorry.
    There is no official wordle app. It's web based. Any apps out there are copycats. Today's official wordle word is different than that.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    There is no official wordle app. It's web based. Any apps out there are copycats. Today's official wordle word is different than that.
    Oh, really? I just searched for it and figured the first result was the main one, haha. Learn something new every day.

I’ll do tomorrow’s one online. Thanks for that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Oh, really? I just searched for it and figured the first result was the main one, haha. Learn something new every day.

I’ll do tomorrow’s one online. Thanks for that.
    Why not start today? Haha

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I met Beto in a little taqueria in Dalhart, TX today!
    I actually got to speak with him one one for seven or eight minutes, and got some badass pics with him.

It was a town hall type thing, but there were only like 25 people there, and at least ten of them were Maggats.
    He actually did a GREAT job responding to the Trump Party members' questions, though.
    I doubt he converted them, but they were obviously surprised by, and interested in, his answers.

It was cool as shit.

Beto 2028

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    I fell asleep lol

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

and time to make celebratory waffles....

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I prefer to think that all waffles are celebratory waffles.

I just smoked a couple bowls and all this talk of waffles has got me wanting waffles with some cream cheese frosting.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    i can’t eat waffles anymore. enjoy your celebration. pour some syrup out for sweeter.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    i can’t eat waffles anymore. enjoy your celebration. pour some syrup out for sweeter.
    I'll use the good stuff...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    (stupid no-caps-only rule): JEOMK

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    @allegate

Fucking LOL

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Just got the email this morning from the department of education that they approved my request to discharge my student loans from when i went to k mart college (ITT Tech) in the mid 2000s. I left the school with 40k in loans, paid $450 a month on them for almost a decade and was left with $65,000 to pay off as of around last week.

THEY FORGAVE IT ALL.

And the best part is they're investigating possibly giving me a refund on what I paid.

Literally, unironically life changing.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Wow, that is amazing @tony.parente !

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Can someone buy me a bunch of these?

https://www.acsthper.com/products/ma...myzxhe4toy3fg4

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    @Erneuert Should've posted that ^^ today, lol

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Finally figuring out taxes & getting a nice refund. I'm probably still paying more than the demon Bezos but I'll take it. If I can get healthier should finance a NIN run to Oregon. Big if though on the health.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Still coffee....

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    “oh, hello.”

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Reading about random folklore makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Especially this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownie_(folklore)

Look at its little legs.

A brownie or broonie (Scots),[1] also known as a brùnaidh or gruagach (Scottish Gaelic), is a household spirit from Scottish folklore that is said to come out at night while the owners of the house are asleep and perform various chores and farming tasks. The human owners of the house must leave a bowl of milk or cream or some other offering for the brownie, usually by the hearth. Brownies are described as easily offended and will leave their homes forever if they feel they have been insulted or in any way taken advantage of. Brownies are characteristically mischievous and are often said to punish or pull pranks on lazy servants. If angered, they are sometimes said to turn malicious, like boggarts.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Pulled the carburetor off my bike recently to clean it. Not a mechanic first motorcycle. A bottom gasket (float bowl) was corroded. Internals we’re fine. The guts were greasy but jets were good. Blah, blah, and an entire can of cleaner later. I put it back in my bike hooked stuffs up. Did a best guess at settings pulled it out of the garage and it fired right up. Idle a bit high but otherwise it didn’t piss gas and ran. Test drive went well still needs tweaking. Not bad for a YouTube mechanic.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    My sis in law will be giving birth to her and my brother's second son and third child soon, Mr. London Tyler XXXXXXXX
    The big honor is that his MIDDLE name is my first name. So his middle and first names are my first and last name.

Edit: they all got covid which caused sis (in law) preeclampsia, which is a quite dangerous, possibly deadly situation.
    They're taking the baby a month early, and i must admit that i'm scared.
    Please send positive energy, or prayers for strength, or invoke the name of some dead lovecraftian god...whatever you're into.
    The date is May 5.

My bro and i are only 18 mos apart, so we grew up as best friends.
    THEN, brother and sis in law and i lived together throughout a LOT of our twenties, in various living arrangements-they've been together for damn near 20 years.
    And we struggled through most of that time, but we always made it.
    I went through some ruff times, personally, in those days, but i made money.

I feel compelled to post this "you-can't-divide-the-tribe" image, featuring my morning screwdriver, my Irish Twin's morning spliff, my beautiful asian sis and our dearly departed St. Madonna.

Madonna is long gone, my brother and sis in law are now covered in ink, and my hair is even thinner than it was in this pic.

But the name of this baby reminds me SO MUCH of these days, when NOTHING was gonna fucking stop us.

It means so goddamn much to me, i can't describe it.

Secondly, ARGUMENT: Considering i've accidentally posted my FULL name here, back in the day, and a metric fuckton of you guys know my name is Tyler, i feel safe (well, pre-exposed) enough to post the name, at least without the last name. AND, even as unusual as my last name is, there are literal hundreds of people with my first and last name.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-28-2022 at 07:47 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    There are thousands of varieties of apples out there.

I actually like 3 of them.

All 3 are on sale this week. That is all.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    There are thousands of varieties of apples out there.

I actually like 3 of them.

All 3 are on sale this week. That is all.
    As a food person my adult life professionally (?), I’m stoked for you.

As for me, I bought two tickets to Megadeth and L.O.G. They finally came to teh Dakota’s. Bought two thinking I could find someone to join me. Nope. But off a post asking if anyone would like a ticket in general on my F.B. Some rando hit me up day before asking about the ticket. I gifted him the ticket, free. He hit me up yesterday, few days later, saying thanks.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    As a food person my adult life professionally (?), I’m stoked for you.

As for me, I bought two tickets to Megadeth and L.O.G. They finally came to teh Dakota’s. Bought two thinking I could find someone to join me. Nope. But off a post asking if anyone would like a ticket in general on my F.B. Some rando hit me up day before asking about the ticket. I gifted him the ticket, free. He hit me up yesterday, few days later, saying thanks.
    That's badass, man. That's the sort of thing that makes life worth living- what you did with that ticket, I mean.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Put aluminum foil over the window for this room... last summer was just too hot, and we got the bedroom done but with the window in here being hard to get to due to computer desks in the way, we put it off until now. At least we're ready.

Plus it gives me more consistent light in here, which is good.