Page 81 of 182 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 5445

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ. I'm in awe of what I'm hearing.

Hurry up and hit the big time so I can throw money at you, OK?

Bad enough eversonpoe and his wife are so unreasonably cute. Does he have to be unreasonably talented, too? FML.
    thanks! really glad people are digging this stuff. we're playing our first show next wednesday (with my other band, so i'm gonna die x.X)

speaking of which, you should check out my other band, in which i'm just the drummer/producer, The Elizabeth Dane (we have emerald green records!!!), and my solo stuff (i do everything but the female vocals), Everson Poe (i have 7" EPs, most of my music is free, and there's a bunch of theater soundtracks that i've done in the last couple years, too). there are threads for both of those in the artistic expression section, as well.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    andrew w.k. just posted this on facebook:

"if a small bird hops instead of walks ...

... IT'S PARTYING!"

so stupid. cheered me up.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    thanks! really glad people are digging this stuff. we're playing our first show next wednesday (with my other band, so i'm gonna die x.X)

speaking of which, you should check out my other band, in which i'm just the drummer/producer, The Elizabeth Dane (we have emerald green records!!!), and my solo stuff (i do everything but the female vocals), Everson Poe (i have 7" EPs, most of my music is free, and there's a bunch of theater soundtracks that i've done in the last couple years, too). there are threads for both of those in the artistic expression section, as well.
    Oh my, this will keep me busy for a while.

(All this time I thought your avatar was some kinda RoboCop thing … now I know better. )

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Brownies!

Also, our microwave is awesome.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I just did my taxes. Re-mothafuckin-fund!!!!!!

PS- I do my own.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    I just did my taxes. Re-mothafuckin-fund!!!!!!

PS- I do my own.
    yay!!

I did my own, too, even when I was self-employed and had to file Small Business forms. TURBO TAX FOR THE WIN!!!!!

Now, I'm married and G and I use a fancy accountant CPA dude.

Cheers me up: My new SPIRALIZER, so I can makes ZOODLES (no-carb vegetable noodles). Gotta be careful, though, I could easily lose 4 fingers with this thing.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-11-2015 at 10:46 AM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    @elevenism 's dad and brother are trying to arrange a threeway with me on facebook... I think. It's kind of weird. But also hilarious and it making me laugh way too much. His brother types exactly like him. Haha.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    @elevenism's dad and brother are trying to arrange a threeway with me on facebook... I think. It's kind of weird. But also hilarious and it making me laugh way too much. His brother types exactly like him. Haha.
    no way @Sarah K , are you fucking serious?

i wouldn't put it past my little bro. He and his wife like to get down with the pretty girls on occasion.

But my dad? yes, he plays in a rock band and still gets fucked up, but i find it kind of hard to believe that he would be in on it.

As far as my brother, if you like half asian girls and sexy long haired men covered with tats, go for it

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    It was my fault. You said something about "I miss the D" and I replied "Me, too. I haven't had sex in months". You brother lol'd. Then your dad asked if I had ever been to his town. It escalated from there! lol

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    LOL, and around here "The D" means Detroit heh.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    @Sarah K , i have i feeling that we would have a grand time, you kicking it with my people. My whole family is cool as shit.
    My brother Austin is the most loving, strongest, coolest free spirited motherfucker i've ever known. And his wife of over 10 years is cool as shit. She's am incredible artist and is also quite psychic.

And then my dad, beating the odds and still ALWAYS having a working band even as he pushes 60.

What cheers me up is that i'm going to see my pops pretty soon.
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-11-2015 at 11:08 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    What cheers me up is that i'm going to see my pops pretty soon.
    Here, this should cheer you up, too:

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    LOLOLOLOL

thanks @allegro !

these go to eleven!

that's so funny, and of course i love elevens in general.

You guys know what cheers me up? A little thing called ETS, and the wonderful cyber friendships we develop here.
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-11-2015 at 02:47 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Staring deep into the glitter of my gel manicures is like a very cheerful state of zen. Perfect to do when the phones aren't ringing at work, or you're in the bathroom.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    My ass in these new panties.

If we are fet friends, plz go look at my butt. omg~

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Finding out this is an actual thing. @allegro , you need to come to this. Yow's gonna exhibit.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

*debates making an account just to see Sarah's butt*

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    Finding out this is an actual thing. @allegro , you need to come to this. Yow's gonna exhibit.
    I'll go if Nala Cat were there.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Yesterday we were freaking out because the IRS wanted every business to file this godawful form that takes forever to understand, let alone fill out. First time I'd ever heard of it. We were debating whether to ignore it and hope it goes away.

Less than 24 hours later, the IRS announces that they changed their minds.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This article ...

"In the professional kitchen, we say ‘behind you’ about a million times per shift, but I have said ‘behind you’ to inanimate objects and strangers on the street."

made me laugh so hard.

http://munchies.vice.com/articles/ho...cook-ruined-me

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

OMG. I need to have those.

When my daughter came home from her dad's house, I noticed that she drew on her leg with a pen. She told me it was an Ancient Alien inspired tattoo. I fucking love my daughter. She truly makes me happy. Total 7 year old randomness for the win.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    After some asshole stole a bunch of money out of my savings account (which my bank already told me I should be getting back) I went into a branch today, closed out all my accounts and opened brand new ones. And I changed my user name and password to something drastically different on the bank's website. After said a-hole stole money from me last week he tried to log into my online account yesterday but wasn't able to guess the password, apparently. The banker I talked to said he for sure had my savings account number but probably also had my checking account number and my credit card info. So I just closed all three accounts. I now have peace of mind knowing that he can't take any more money from me (and, yes, it makes me feel good knowing there's a chance that he may be frustrated that he can't get into my account anymore. Asshole). Also, my bank told me if they catch this guy that they will try to prosecute him if I choose. Which I will. Happily.

So, yeah. It feels good knowing my bank information is secure again. Peace of mind.

Also, I am making a roast and I put garlic powder on top and now as it bakes my living room smells like garlic and it is WONDERFUL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The rare moments when she smiled...

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    After some asshole stole a bunch of money out of my savings account (which my bank already told me I should be getting back) I went into a branch today, closed out all my accounts and opened brand new ones. And I changed my user name and password to something drastically different on the bank's website. After said a-hole stole money from me last week he tried to log into my online account yesterday but wasn't able to guess the password, apparently. The banker I talked to said he for sure had my savings account number but probably also had my checking account number and my credit card info. So I just closed all three accounts. I now have peace of mind knowing that he can't take any more money from me (and, yes, it makes me feel good knowing there's a chance that he may be frustrated that he can't get into my account anymore. Asshole). Also, my bank told me if they catch this guy that they will try to prosecute him if I choose. Which I will. Happily.
    Any idea how this happened?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Getting some fresh air outdoors.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    RV Show this Friday! We are planning to get a 25' Airstream Flying Cloud in a few years, after G retires early. We scored free RV show tix from Chicago Airstream.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I'm gonna pay off my fine Friday.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Any idea how this happened?
    Well, I did a PayPal transaction the day before, but I didn't use my savings account information, I used my debit card. I would NEVER use my savings account information for anything like that. But I guess he was able to get my savings info from stealing my debit card info somehow.

What's funny is, when I closed those accounts and opened new ones the other day, the banker was like, "Don't worry, you can use this debit card online or whatever and there's NO WAY they can get your savings account information from it, even if they compromise your checking account (that the debit card is hooked up to)." I was like, um...isn't that EXACTLY what just happened? The entire reason why I'm opening a new account in the first place? "Oh, yeah, I guess so."
    Last edited by theruiner; 02-19-2015 at 08:33 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Thinking "Okay...what else do I need to get done?", and upon realizing the answer is "nothing", proceeding to relax with extreme prejudice.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    RV Show this Friday! We are planning to get a 25' Airstream Flying Cloud in a few years, after G retires early. We scored free RV show tix from Chicago Airstream.
    You and the big toys. Must be nice.
    @theruiner - this does not make me feel better about PayPal. Can you get some sort of fraud detection for awhile? Through Paypal or the bank? Lifelock or whatever .