Page 61 of 182 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 5443

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    That cheers me up, too. Very good direction. They can't use 9/11 as an excuse for this shit anymore.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-17-2014 at 10:50 AM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Whenever music saves me from going off the deep end.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I was at Sephora in JC Penny's today and some guy had asked me if I was a makeup artist. That was a sweet ass complement.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Ok, NOW i get to go to my favorite hotel.
    my best friend's wife killing herself threw a monkey wrench in my plans.
    I am so looking forward to relaxing in the hot tub tonight after all this pain.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So my buddy came to visit the other day for the AIC show. Which in itself was cool but he brought his wife as well which was a total surprise and totally awesome. Probably been like 4-5 years since i've seen her, she's such an awesome lady, definitely made the visit much cooler.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    My phone got tapped. I don't know why I find this so hilarious, but I do.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Friend who slit his wrists the same night my grandma died came back to work. <3

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    First local show in MONTHS. Good to be going to shows again. LETS DO THIS!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    My bomb ass new glasses that give the facade that I'm sensitive and intelligent.

OH! And reading through @AgentofChaos ' meltdown again. God that was gold.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I look ridiculously young, like 12 years younger than I am, and lately I've been getting some obvious "interested" vibes from several young ladies, like 17-20 year olds who don't know my age. I'm not going to act upon it or nothing(girlfriend), but hell... I get a bit of a kick out of it.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I know how half of that is. If I shaved my facial hair off, I could walk into any high school in the country, sit down in any class I want and no one would say a thing. But most of the "girls" who hit on me are older (late thirties to forties) and so drunk they probably wouldn't remember even going out the night before. I've had some younger girls flirt with me, but not that many because I don't dress like a high schooler.

Anyway, something that always manages to make my day is talking to someone and discovering a mutual love of Doctor Who and bonding over it.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Did Chicago Comic Con today. I picked up some decent loot, met one of my favorites, John Carpenter (who signed my Thing poster, leaving only Kurt Russell and Wilford Brimley remaining...both of which I'll never get). Also met Black Dynamite himself, Michael Jai White.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Not working and doing basically fuck all for an entire week. I haven't had a whole week off to myself in many years. Went and got a money order for my rent today and still had about a week's worth or more of float money in the bank, before shit gets real. That and everyone i've talked to about quitting has basically said i could go work with them if i wanted too. That and this new place two blocks from my apt I was looking to get into is hiring. And the fact that it's friday, and after i leave the coffee shop I'm gonna get me high today.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 08-22-2014 at 07:48 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    The monkey selfie has been liberated!

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...egulators-say/

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I absolutely love my Pebble Steel.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    i didn't get to go to my hotel the other day.
    but i am FINALLY getting to go tomorrow.
    Yay!
    i love this hotel so fucking much.
    i have medical procedures on monday and tuesday and then my mom has one on thursday, so we are going to be there all week.
    it is the most relaxing place in the world to me. the part i stay in opens up to a beautiful atrium with a hot tub, pool, sauna, video arcade, plants and palm trees. And the suites are the nicest i've ever seen. i thought i was going twice but the appts got changed.
    third time's the charm!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Someone told me that I looked 22 last week.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    My dad got creative with astroturf.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    When I cause so much butthurt by just being myself and not even trying that someone blocks me on Facebook. I always see it as though I won, and I legitimately lol every time I notice.

Also fun fact:

Origin

The term “butthurt” originates from spanking[1], the act of striking the buttocks of another person, which is often seen as a method of punishing a child. Though some cultures view this as an acceptable form of discipline, it can be interpreted as abusive corporal punishment. Online, one of the earliest archived mentions of “butthurt” appeared in a 1998 comment[8] posted on the website of Swiss surrealist painter H. R. Giger.[9]
    “Hollywood has tossed Giger for more talented artists, and even those artist who can emulate his style, without the tears and the hurt butts. If giger reads this I would be amazed, not only that he can comprehend a bunch of letters placed into groups and spaced randomly to create words which in turn create sentances, but that he can even UNDERSTAND the INTERNET! GIGER is LAME. all he can do is rely on his ALIEN paintings to make him famous! Well I used to be impressed until I read all this BUTTHURT he has been going through. Oh poor baby Giger.”

The comment was left by a poster named Doug in responding to Giger’s grievance over not being credited as a designer for sequel titles in the Aliens franchise. In the original 1979 film Alien, Giger based the extraterrestrial monsters after one of his 1976 paintings, Necronom IV.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 08-24-2014 at 03:15 AM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Taking a break from facebook.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    In spite of my fluctuating feelings about my transition, there are times when I'm feeling pretty good about things, and I am determined to enjoy those moments, whatever my ultimate decision ends up being.

Like, a few minutes ago when, after putting some makeup on for the first time in weeks, I looked in the mirror and thought: holy shit, I look different. After almost three months on hormones, I'm starting to see a new face emerging there. *does happy dance*

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    My friends in Napa (and their chocolate shop ) survived the earthquake.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I assisted at a tech expo this weekend and it was really fun (and a little exhausting).

Still, I got to record and engineer guitars for Dino from Fear Factory (amazing guitarist and a really nice guy), and I won three raffles and got about 600-700 dollars of free music gear.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    and I won three raffles and got about 600-700 dollars of free music gear.
    Three raffles? I never win raffles.

Well, I did once. But that was an anomaly.*

* Actually, it was chocolate. Anomalies don't taste good.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Breakfast burritos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Managed to get season 3 of Walking Dead downloaded in about 15 minutes due to the screaming internet connection here at teh library. (relatively small file, just over a Gig but still) Also got the latest episode of the Strain and am abusing their generosity hoping to snag Near Dark before they close. Sadly i got no seeds for Game of Thrones. Who says you need to pay for internet. pfft.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    The With Teeth North poster that I've been searching for for YEARS arrived today.

THE NINTERNET <3

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

oh lordy, know i KNOW why i have a fucking ladystache ;p