Page 49 of 182 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 5442

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    When birthdays happen to be on a Sunday or a Saturday. I wish all birthdays would land on a Saturday or a Sunday.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    When birthdays happen to be on a Sunday or a Saturday. I wish all birthdays would land on a Saturday or a Sunday.
    Is it your birthday?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Oh no, just somebody I know who was also a very good friend to me.

-Edit-

And besides, birthdays seem to be much better for Saturday, Sunday, and maybe even Friday.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-27-2014 at 03:50 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    A beer in the evening. Or anytime. Like now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    We finally get my band's new album, or actually a split album with another (fucking awesome) punk band, released this friday! Or we're putting it online for free at first but the vinyl and CD will be out later. I'm really stoked for this because the band we're doing it with is pretty damn good and we finally get our music released on vinyl!!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    The comics documentary I backed on Kickstarter two years ago is finally on the verge of release! (Not only did they score an interview with Bill Watterson, the man himself did the poster for the film.)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/st...816065098?ls=1

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    My workplace decided to throw away a bunch of plants they didn't care for anymore so I decided to rescue a tall, sick and thin Dragon Tree (Dracaena Marginata). I went straight home, left the plant and bought a new larger pot and new soil (the old soil was moldy and dry as hell). After repotting it my apartment's become ten times more awesome and I think the tree is starting to look healthier already. The next day I bought a little palm tree to keep the sick one company ;P

I've never been good with plants and whenever I've had any they all die. This time it feels different.
    Last edited by hobochic; 02-28-2014 at 03:51 PM.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Exercise. I'm just starting out, I have a of weight to lose, and I've only been doing 15 minutes a night (I just started a couple nights ago AND I have to be careful because of my health problems, so I'm trying to ease into it) but I worked up a pretty good sweat tonight and I'm feeling good about it.

You know what's funny, though? For years I've wanted to lose this weight but I haven't and nothing has been able to motivate me enough to keep at it. You know what finally did it? Hormones. Actually seriously considering transition made me realize that there's probably no chance a doctor would approve me to start a hormone regimen while I'm at this weight, since it increases the risk of blood clots, among other things, and I'm already very unhealthy. Nothing else has been able to do it but the possibility of realizing that I really do want to transition and having to wait eight months to a year to lose all the weight before I can even start kicked me in the ass and made me want to start now, while I'm still figuring things out. And if I don't end up transitioning then hey, I'll (hopefully) lose the weight and not die when I'm freaking 35. It's a win either way.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I got my art to exhibit in an art show for next weekend. I'm excited.

Now, what to wear.........

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Got engaged on Saturday!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Got engaged on Saturday!
    Congratulations!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    my son coloured an art piece. as in he coloured ALL of it in. that is the first time in his life he has done that. and it was a really big piece. my younger one draws like it is an extension of himself...but the older one...nope.
    so here is to fynn! it took until grade 7, but he did it. woo hoo!!!

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I got one of my students to feed himself today with a fork. I'm over the moon about it!!!!!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    I got one of my students to feed himself today with a fork. I'm over the moon about it!!!!!
    !!!!!!! these are the things that feel seismic, eh? woo hoo. good on him and good on you.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    ok, not a little thing but a BIG HUGE BOUNDING JOY THING: we went for a hike in the rouge valley today, one of my all time favourite nature spots. on the way there i saw what i thought was a great blue heron, due to the wing span...but it was like a grand daddy of a great blue heron and i was eye popped and jaw dropped. it was gliding. then it started winging and i quickly realized it was NOT a great blue heron. it was flying like a hawk or an eagle. but seriously, i see red tailed hawks and golden eagles fairly regularly and the mofo's DO NOT HAVE A ginormous wing span. well, i texted a friend who is a bird nut too, and she said a bald eagle was loose (i still don't know from where. she asked if i could see leg tags.). anyway, this thing was fucking epic. epic. epic. EPIC. can i get a font and emoticon that can accurately depict how gloriously freakishly mind bogglingly massive this bird was? sigh. if i didn't have the kids with me i would've tried to follow it by car and then foot. lol. it was incredible. and i wonder why most of the cars weren't pulled over at the side of the road to marvel at this beauty. ??? anyway, then at the rouge on the way out a red tail was riding a low thermal (my dad remarked how odd it was that a thermal was that low and in a kinda odd spot..) and then another red tail on the road home. woop woop. now all i need is to see an owl to round out my bird loving day. <3

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    I got my art to exhibit in an art show for next weekend. I'm excited.

Now, what to wear.........
    how was it????

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    how was it????
    It's tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous because the gallery is displaying one of my pieces that I like but I don't love it. I'll be curious to see how the audience will react.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Wife got a Job-------whewwwwwwwww

Hey everyone,
    After many months of stress and greatly diminishing household funds, my wife has finally secured a job. Wow, this world is crazy and she is super talented and I cannot TELL you guys how many interviews she had. It is not the caliber of job that she had before, but it still is a very good job. So relieved. Thanks to all of you for your support. Nice to take a breath……….I think I've been holding it for more than 3 months now.

Peace, Lee

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I finally remembered to watch the clock tick over from 1:59 to 3:00 am tonight. (Yes, I am deeply weird.)

Speaking of Daylight Savings Time and such, I’m noticing that ETS shows the time as GMT -4 even though I have it set to Eastern Time (GMT -5) in settings. I wasn’t paying attention before the time change, so I have no idea if it’s been like that all along or just happened now. But in any event, all the post times are off by an hour.
    Last edited by Joy Prevention Hotline; 03-09-2014 at 01:18 AM.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Happy for you Lee. But I really don't think you need to make a new thread every time you have something to say. You already have like 4 other threads here, post in one of those.

Hugz*

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Well, i had caught a couple of nasty felonies...the sentence for one was 2-10 and the other was 2-20, so i was thinking i'd do two years in prison for sure. I've never been to prison and i was utterly fucking terrified.
    BUT...the DA declined to prosecute!!!
    The county is charging me with a misdemeanor and that's it! A little probation or a little time to catch up on my reading in county jail!
    Yes, probation and jail AT ALL suck, but at the end of the day, they COULD have imprisoned me for 30 years!
    I don't understand exactly how or why this worked out the way it did, but that is the heaviest weight i've ever felt, and it's off my shoulders now!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Um, well done on avoiding a jail sentence you think you deserved?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Well, i had caught a couple of nasty felonies...the sentence for one was 2-10 and the other was 2-20, so i was thinking i'd do two years in prison for sure. I've never been to prison and i was utterly fucking terrified.
    BUT...the DA declined to prosecute!!!
    The county is charging me with a misdemeanor and that's it! A little probation or a little time to catch up on my reading in county jail!
    Yes, probation and jail AT ALL suck, but at the end of the day, they COULD have imprisoned me for 30 years!
    I don't understand exactly how or why this worked out the way it did, but that is the heaviest weight i've ever felt, and it's off my shoulders now!
    Was this from the incident where your relative went insane on you or something else. It is curious why they'd decline to prosecute. You'd think they'd have tried to plead you to something, always trying to up there convict %. Maybe I've been watching/reading to many crime novels.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    this was a different incident, and it was a lot more cut and dried. it IS curious that they declined to prosecute. but im staying in this tiny town of 2000 people, and my grandpa was THE good old boy here back in the day...he built the feed yard that employed a whole lot of the people here...so my family name carries weight. i also got a top notch lawyer who was hell bent on taking it to trial if they did anything but throw it out. maybe they just didn't want to fuck with it.

I read those same crime novels too, but then again, they don't write those novels about tiny west texas towns.

Edit: @Dra508 , maybe i didn't use the right language. i was never indicted on the charges is what the deal is. the DA declined to bring them before a grand jury. for whatever reason, he didn't want to fuck with it. I'll take it!
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-10-2014 at 06:25 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @Jinsai 's music REALLY kicks ass!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I read those same crime novels too, but then again, they don't write those novels about tiny west texas towns.

Edit: @Dra508 , maybe i didn't use the right language. i was never indicted on the charges is what the deal is. the DA declined to bring them before a grand jury. for whatever reason, he didn't want to fuck with it. I'll take it!
    ahhhhh, grand juries are rubber stamps for prosecutors. Does sound like they didn't have enough to indict you. I guess that's a good thing. I think you should write something with tiny west Texas town as the back drop. You have enough material for something, memoir, semi autobio true crime something something.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    ahhhhh, grand juries are rubber stamps for prosecutors. Does sound like they didn't have enough to indict you. I guess that's a good thing. I think you should write something with tiny west Texas town as the back drop. You have enough material for something, memoir, semi autobio true crime something something.
    Oh, DRa508, i would LOVE to. Writing is my gift. I write poetry, and i am damn proud of it.
    But i've never written a short story, much less a novel.
    I am toying with the idea of writing something semi-auto about alcoholism...i drank about a liter of vodka a day for YEARS, to the point where i hallucinated and had seizures if i didn't have a drink.
    So i KNOW that shit. Most people don't understand how insanely bad drinking can get.

It's funny that you mention true crime. I've been thinking about trying that. You are essentially writing a big news story. I was editor of my high school newspaper, and entertainment editor in junior college. I have about a third of a journalism degree.

Thanks for the idea and the encouragement.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Oh, DRa508, i would LOVE to. Writing is my gift. I write poetry, and i am damn proud of it.
    But i've never written a short story, much less a novel.
    I am toying with the idea of writing something semi-auto about alcoholism...i drank about a liter of vodka a day for YEARS, to the point where i hallucinated and had seizures if i didn't have a drink.
    So i KNOW that shit. Most people don't understand how insanely bad drinking can get.

It's funny that you mention true crime. I've been thinking about trying that. You are essentially writing a big news story. I was editor of my high school newspaper, and entertainment editor in junior college. I have about a third of a journalism degree.

Thanks for the idea and the encouragement.
    Dooooo it. It might be therapeutic too. Just don't be that guy who wrote A Million Little Pieces.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Dooooo it. It might be therapeutic too. Just don't be that guy who wrote A Million Little Pieces.
    Which one, the true crime, or the alcoholisms?
    @icklekitty , i didn't say i DESERVED it! I said they had the evidence.
    I shouldn't have gone to jail in the first place.

When they took me to jail, i was chewing on a fentanyl (prescription opiate) patch. So one of the felonies was for bringing drugs into a jail.
    But since i DAMN sure wasn't guilty of the other charge, i don't think i deserved the second one. I should have been at home all day!

That being said, A. most of us don't like to go to jail whether we are guilty or not, and B, if i got what i "deserve," they'd fucking kill me!
    I am alive and not incarcerated by god's grace alone.
    My shoplifting, driving while dangerously intoxicated, getting in fights...were EPIC in numbers in my drinking days. Suffice it to say that if you met me at any point during my twenties, you certainly were not enriched by the experience.
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-14-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I bought some black forest ham and put it into an "everything" bagel. It was yummy, cheered me up. The end.