Page 47 of 182 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 147 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 5432

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    Coffee and my tarantula
    Bad enough I don’t drink coffee, but now I have this image of your tarantula in a coffee cup and I’m totally freaked out.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    Bad enough I don’t drink coffee, but now I have this image of your tarantula in a coffee cup and I’m totally freaked out.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    I'm into coffee not my tarantula, she is into crickets and if you're a cricket within six inches of her, you are having a bad day.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Fair enough — a tarantula high on caffeine would be even more terrifying.
    Last edited by Joy Prevention Hotline; 01-10-2014 at 08:19 PM. Reason: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Day 6 in Maui, I've never drank so much in my entire life. Surfing in the Pacific and then two drinks and it hits me like a brick. THE PARTY DON'T STOP.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by REPLICA View Post
    Got my mom one gift this year, a nice jacket but because I felt like it wasn't enough... I wrapped an orange in gift wrap and told her that it was a baseball, we'll see how hype she is tomorrow when she finds out that it was a delicious orange.
    Did she like the orange?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Did she like the orange?
    OH YEAH! She loved it!

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    My best friend e-mailed me last night. She wants to try to patch things up. I am, of course, all for that. I just hope we can be as close as we were again. Only time will tell on that. But this is a good start.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Was just watching some of the Golden Globes for some reason (haven't seen any of the stuff that's up for an award), and Julia Louis Dreyfus just got caught plowing a massive hotdog into her face. Perfect camera ambush by Tina Fey and Amy Pohler.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Was just watching some of the Golden Globes for some reason (haven't seen any of the stuff that's up for an award), and Julia Louis Dreyfus just got caught plowing a massive hotdog into her face. Perfect camera ambush by Tina Fey and Amy Pohler.
    That was pretty good, but she was in on it the whole time. They had been messing with her about sitting in the movie section and ditching her TV people since the opening. When she was at her movie table she smoked an e-cig and pretended to be too cool to acknowledge Tina and Amy.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tina and Amy are a great duo and make things fun to watch. Julia-Louis Dreyfus is still funny and very gorgeous for her age.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Either way, hilarious!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    It was worth me staying up till 4am to see 12 years a slave win best picture.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Listening to angry and/or sad songs and albums. As soon as I feel bad and listen to them, it instantly reminds me why I do that, and while I've had other people tell me it gets them stuck in those emotions, doing that actually helps me snap out of them and calm down, sometimes to the extent of cheering me up altogether.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I put up a horrible child picture and friends are photo-shopping the fuck out of it, and it's AMAZING.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    fynn's profile and cha's freckles.
    <3

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    . I've watched it at least 6 times and still can't stop laughing.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    The very fact that I can use Internet forums like Echoing The Sound and Provider Module to socialize indoors. I've also liked the convenience, as I don't have to leave the house, and how easy it can get to find some common ground around a lot of people in one setting even if I'll most likely never get to meet them into person. It really also is the best way for my social and asocial sides to meet each other halfway, and both Internet forums have reminded me why socializing can be very enjoyable and a great way to relieve stress.

Even lurking can sometimes be a very cool, entertaining, and even sometimes hilarious experience.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-16-2014 at 03:32 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Got my new SSD today

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    It's certainly the little things, and thinking and doing the things I like, while just focusing on them are the very things that cause me to love those lovable things about life. It's like every reason for me to get up in the morning. Gratefulness certainly goes a long way.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    We will soon have two rather large (10' -12') fish monsters at the front of our driveway. Ones my roommate made that looks like a tiger fish and mine that I'm trying to make into moby dick.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I got my first ever full time job today! It's flexible too so I can still see NIN in May! WOO!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I don't know why it was ever such a concern, as I just realized that I never had to worry about being and looking boring or being the odd one out as long as I'm not saying or doing anything that's actually wrong to other people. Becoming apathetic to that has taken a load off and cheered me up in a way. And aside from accepting that I can't and shouldn't please everybody, realizing and accepting that it's sometimes absolutely okay to never ever have anything to offer to others has also helped me feel better, because at the end of the day, I'm really just doing it for me, and at the end of my life, I'm all that I would've ever had.

That has also made me happier as it has also helped me get more comfortable in my own skin, and oh boy do I ever crave to be as comfortable as I can. I also don't mean this in a completely stuck up, selfish, and rude (Screw everybody!) kind of way either, but sometimes focusing on others too much for all the wrong reasons, like with self, can really bring me down. Letting it out has also lifted me up a bit, and has also helped me find ways to stay out of trouble in silence.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-21-2014 at 01:28 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Last edited by allegro; 01-24-2014 at 04:36 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Either that or Blendin' vans are going to start showing up outside.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Getting the move finalized and dude from work and my old landlord connected. Glad to get that behind me. Also got more stuff moved, got my lava lavas from Samoa here now and my clothes. Beginning to feel more settled. Odd going from two years of hermit to living with a small family, but it's good.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Getting support from the most unexpected people.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Picked up the complete series of "The Shield" for $45! Insane. That's less than seven bucks a season. Only drawback is it's DVD (the series is not available on Blu-ray, unfortunately) but it's widescreen and looks surprisingly good. I've been watching bits and pieces since I bought the set and I had almost forgotten how unbelievably good this show is.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I might not watch The Shield, but as a person that loves buying seasons of his favorite TV shows on DVD, that's fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    "I might not watch The Shield..."

You lost me right there.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    @marodi - YES! YES! YES! Caffeine + Internet = WIN! WIN! WIN! It really is my pleasure, and little treasure. It's also one of my reasons to live.

Oh yes, and aside from ETS for having been a lot more friendlier since re-opening in late 2011, just seeing the little acts of forgiveness here and there, and just letting go of past beefs in general was very cool to me, even though I have a hard time trusting and forgiving. I just noticed those things as I've lurked around since 2011.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-28-2014 at 04:50 AM.