Page 36 of 182 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 5432

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhet View Post
    Oooh I didn't know there was a new season! You've made my day.
    It's a pretty intense one so far... Newbies vs. veterans. Six new comers are going up against six former contestants. I'm not telling you who they are or who's gone home yet. You'll just have to watch.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Chatted a bit with lady on a dating site, seems pretty cool. Not sure if it'll go anywhere but it was an unexpected bonus to an already pretty good day.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 09-03-2013 at 01:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Little things that cheer you up.

Pimped out my beautiful expensive road bike with crosstop brakes and clipless pedals, so now I can go faster and feel safer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got my hair dyed. It looks awesome. Fuck yiss.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    My nephew went from snooty Dragon BallZ brat to pretty awesome. Had a good time chatting over fb with him just now.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Making new friends on ETS. <3

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sukey View Post
    now I can go faster
    One of my coworkers got a warning from a cop because he was doing 70km in a 50 zone, on a fixed gear!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

sitting on a bench in the sun. glorious.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: Little things that cheer you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    One of my coworkers got a warning from a cop because he was doing 70km in a 50 zone, on a fixed gear!
    Damn! I get going pretty good on mine doubt anywhere near that.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Being punctual, as it helps me become more productive and responsible. I still need to work on this like several other aspects of my life though, and I can also say that it really is one of those things that makes me feel like a good person.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I love being on time or early for work and professional engagements..I feel so much much less stressed and it gives me time to prepare for the day and organise my thoughts.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    ^^^ I so agree. I used to work out at 5:30 in the morning and have more done at work before 10 am. I don't do that anymore and feel less focused with to do lists never getting completed.

BUT - I came here to note that I am cheered by the fact I am actually checking things off the list and it makes me feel like I'm getting things done. It's best when it's both personal and professional to-do's.

Oh, and I hit 1,000 post count. I need to get a life but I enjoy so many little things about this place I just can't put it down.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Getting some Burger King with an iced coffee after buying Hesitation Marks at Best Buy. Both locations were fortunately in Flushing, NY, which is close enough to Bayside. This will be the second best day to the actual NIN concert I'll be attending in Brooklyn. Heck, I'm going back to Burger King after the NIN concert too, since it's along the way home for me.

(I try not to eat and drink so much before attending concerts anyway.)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It is Friday - only 2 days from Breaking Bad. It is Friday - just that alone cheers me up.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I work weekends and no longer know this joy (I did for a little bit, it was great.)

But! Free burlesque show tonight or something.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    We got rained out at work so we put in a shop shift doing some equipment repairs. I feel mechanically adept.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Haven't laughed as much as I did the last days for quite a while. Took part in a meeting of a city magazine that will get me on the guestlist for several concerts this year while I only have to write about half a page for each gig. The people were amazing and after we finished planning the next issue we got drunk as hell. Made some good connections and most important potential good friends. That's no good work environment for me, but kicks up my hobby of writing (about music) to professional level and keeps me active on that. Yay!

So that's what happened and I finally catched up who Grace Helbig is. So I'm having fun at home in front of my computer too. :P

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    came into work early todat due we're a man down to get a start on things and due to our server being sick were not open till 4 now. which is kinda nice as it gives me free time to dick around some and also get shit done. Yeah easy money.

Also found out ill be helping cater the Gordon Lightfoot show next saturday, so that should be kinds neat.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    motherfuckers

i just got two kittens

/me moonwalks home

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    My parents put our dog down today. I'm sad, for sure, but at the same time, I'm really glad he's not in pain anymore. Coincidentally, my siblings and I all just randomly decided to go home for a couple days at a time over the last week or so (All but one of us is living away from home), so everyone happened to get to see him one more time. That helps, because I feel like it'd be harder if we didn't get to see him one more time while we were all busy with our on-goings.

He's been in bad shape for a while, though. Fuse vertebrae in his back, on-setting paralysis, cataracts, deafness. He was even having trouble leaning his head down to drink or eat from his dishes, so we had to set them on top of a shoebox. We've had him for 14 years, so it was about his time. I miss the little guy, but at least he's not suffering anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lunar eclipse with Venus under the Moon.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Regular iced coffe or vanilla iced coffee with Junior Mints, York Mints, and/or M&M's Mint Dark Chocolate Candies.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Bought a kick-ass pair of Dayton biker boots off a coworker for $150. New they're closer to $600, I think? Whatever, I don't even care, all I care about is a cheap pair of well made leather boots that are gonna last for fuckin' ever and drive the ladies wild! Now I need a motorcycle to go with them...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    FUCK YEAH! @icklekitty just pushed my kickstarter over the finish line! I get to spend the winter months trolling the deserts and painting abandoned buildings.

That, and I'm also looking at getting my red card (fire training cert) so I can go out on the fire line and shoot.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Congrats dude!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    My Bookkeeping class was just unexpectedly canceled for the whole week, which gives me a four-day weekend, and we were supposed to have a test this week. That, and on Friday I get to go to the mall with my mom and sister, and the new Legend of Korra season premiers that day.

Huzzah!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    My life has been turning around lately. Work has been getting busier which is good since 75% of my income is commission. I recently auditioned for and got a gig as a live guitarist for a local band. That's been pretty fun. I've been attempting to get closer to my family...I've been out of touch for a while. But things are looking up. I feel good going into the fall.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    We kicked the last two shifts right in the teeth. Started a job last night, came back tonight and fucked it in the stinkhole. BAM, well trundled, 7 hour shift, no lunch because it would have derailed the trundling, just Redbull. Made us feel good, and we needed that because there's been some crap shifts the last couple weeks. And the next three days might be rough.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    There's an Indian cleaner at the place I'm doing freelance stuff for. He sings Indian songs all the time to keep him happy and sane while vacuuming the floors and collecting mugs and shit. When no one's looking I join him in the hallway and we cheerfully dance for a bit while I try to sing along to the best of my abilities (of course I don't speak a single word of his language).

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Got a tip for a french dip I made last night, really makes me wonder when people say "its the best____ I've had in a while." I'm guessing its more that's just what he really wanted. Also asked a girl out I've been crushing in for a bit and didn't get laughed at.