Page 31 of 182 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Sure its just FB but its nice to get some B-Day love.

^and titties, always titties.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Going to see Muse tonight need a shite load of caffeine as working nightshift this week and going to work after gig!! Time for serious Mountain Dew!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I need to stop shopping right before my vacation, need to save the funds for adventure! on the plus side I love my new purse and I'm going on my first vacation ever 4 days!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Dr. told me it ain't that bad and certainly not as bad i thought i could have been. Years of anxiety over something relatively trivial finally sorted out, feels good.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Little things that cheer you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Dr. told me it ain't that bad and certainly not as bad i thought i could have been. Years of anxiety over something relatively trivial finally sorted out, feels good.
    I did the same thing a couple years ago. So glad I went to the doc and found out it was an easy fix and not terminal.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Bought a can of soda for 50 cents. Mind blown.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    ^^ That's why I buy Safeway brand cola, $0.47.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So, the girl that I was friends with a while back called me today. Apparently she had a mental breakdown and ended up in the hospital. She's now on medication and sounds so much happier than the last time I talked to her. She apologized, and even invited me out for a walk tomorrow. I have to admit, I'm nervous as hell. I haven't seen her in person in a long time, let alone anyone. I'm so glad and thankful she's okay.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    ^^ That's why I buy Safeway brand cola, $0.47.
    This was an actual can of Coke!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Bought a can of soda for 50 cents. Mind blown.
    Can I borrow your time machine?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    3-day weekend, birthday on Sunday, payday on Monday, and Long & Mcquade are having a sale on guitar amps & effects. I'm going to treat myself to something loud & pretty.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    THEY'RE LADIES OF THE EVENING

they're friends of the road, bubs.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    NIN is back, @Xvostya is back, @swindley is back and the nin.com message board has gone stealth.

Life is pretty great right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    New NIN. The Bruins one game away from another trip to the Cup. An ice-cold Sam Adams. And its almost Friday.

I guess being back on ETS is alright, too.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    My car brakes started making a scraping sound, so I had to stay home an extra day (which is great). The guy we took my car to has a reputation for being really honest and not giving people BS about "Oh, by the way, have you checked yer yada yada?" Any time we've gone to him for something, it's an easy fix, and he never charges a whole lot, either. Way less than anyone else in town.

Also, I got curious while I was watching It's Always Sunny about who plays the McPoyle sister. Extremely pleased to find Thesy Surface! Mmmm.

Edit: We found the issue with my car! The guy took off my front left rotor and tried to grind it down, and he says he's never seen a single rotor on one side of the car literally crumble to pieces like that. My others were in perfectly normal condition, but this one was probably a faulty replacement for the original. So he replaced it. On the way home, though, we noticed it was making even MORE noise. We took it back, the guy looked at it, and noticed that the splash guard was moved over juuust enough to where it was rubbing up and making noise (because my dad had kicked my tire a little bit to get it loosened when he was rotating them yesterday), so he just put it back in place, no charge.

But he probably saved my life, because if the splash guard hadn't been moved, we wouldn't have realized how bad my rotor was, and there's a very good chance that if I hit the brakes to hard, it would have literally fallen apart and sent me careening at 70 mph. I'm just super lucky I have parents willing to get my back financially. It cost my dad about $250, so now I gotta step it up and repay them for the favor. Everything worked out, though, so now I get to go back to Lawrence. And blast "Came Back Haunted" on the stereo in the process. Awwwww yeah.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 06-07-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    My friend's back in the hospital. This isn't necessarily something to be happy about considering she shouldn't have to go through all this mental craziness that she's put through, but I'm glad she's at least okay and getting help. Maybe tonight I can sleep.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Also, I got curious while I was watching It's Always Sunny about who plays the McPoyle sister. Extremely pleased to find Thesy Surface! Mmmm.

GOOD LORD, the power of television!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I've just realised that all of my anal organisational stuff might be down to this forum. Since 2003 it was "don't overquote this" or "follow this format" or "tab browsing is the easiest way to read".

I'm not sure if this cheers me up, but at least if someone accuses me of being OCD I know who to blame. This may have been some academic form of child grooming.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Coming home from a long day at work to find a really sweet message from my closest friend telling me how much she appreciates me. She is the best.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Huge, deliciously rich oreo brownies.

My physical body is 5'11 and 160 pounds, but my spirit is probably 5'2 and weighs 300 pounds.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Heading to Brooklyn on Friday for the weekend. No teaching aerobics for almost 4 days. There will be vegan treats. And math. And flowers. And warmth.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Flight attendant gave me the free alcohol. Not anyone in the rows in front. ME. "My treat" she said. I rawk.*

*No idea what I did to deserve it

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    "Don't know... *sip*... Don't care!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got my tongue pierced and I have a three-day weekend! Plus I finished at 14:15 today and I'm not working 'til 14:15 on Tuesday so that's pretty much 96 hours with no work, no responsibilities and no obligation to do anything but park my ass in bed and play the 360. Boy, have I earned this time off.

Life is pretty okay!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Every now and then, when the mood strikes me, going commando.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Every now and then, when the mood strikes me, going commando.
    Last time i did that i ran out of gas and ended up walking like 9 miles in the midday sun. Some draws would have been nice, but yes it can be good.

Been seeing a head shrinker for a couple months now and while not the funnest thing i have ever done it's helped put some shit into perspective and had given me a different perspective my jaded world view. It's kinda nice. Also we made pulled pork and citrus salsa with cabbage tacos for lunch at work today. Shit was way tasty.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Weird coincidences.

I was talking to my dad a little while ago and he mentioned that he had bought a bag of mini chocolate bars and asked if I wanted the dark chocolate ones (because he doesn't like dark chocolate and I do because it is AMAZING). And then, a little later on in the conversation, he mentions that this Dudley Moore/Kirk Cameron movie is on TV.

Now, I get off the phone with him and for whatever reason started watching this old Louis C.K. interview on Conan. I've seen it, but it's been a long time and I don't remember much about it. A few minutes in Louis mentions dark chocolate. Ok, weird, I think. I was just talking to my dad about that. A couple minutes later he says something to the effect of, "This is like that movie with Dudley Moore and Kirk Cameron when they switch bodies." Ok, THAT was weird. One thing? Sure. Both? In one video? About ten minutes after I got off the phone? Freaking weird.

Now, I'm not saying this means anything or is anything more than just a funny coincidence, but I found it really amusing (and odd).

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    its my birthday! and life is really good at the moment.. not doing much exciting today but next weekend some friends from manchester are coming down and a bunch of us are going to a Labyrinth themed masquerade ball (complete with Bowie look alike magic dance singalongs) which will be cheesy as fuck but awesome.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhet View Post
    its my birthday! and life is really good at the moment.. not doing much exciting today but next weekend some friends from manchester are coming down and a bunch of us are going to a Labyrinth themed masquerade ball (complete with Bowie look alike magic dance singalongs) which will be cheesy as fuck but awesome.
    Happy birthday!

For me, it's an almost clean apartment. It's getting there.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm going to try to get a yard sale going soon. I might be putting some stuff on eBay too... Hmmm...