Page 30 of 182 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    So, no more Starbucks!? Thanks for not hooking me up with free drink coupons.
    Heh, Starbucks is my night gig Monday through Thursday, but now I have a legit 9-5 job!!! Time to put up a Spurs poster in my work area.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm doing a lesson marathon next week with two of my classes, and I was a bit disappointed when in one class less than half of the students wanted to participate. Yesterday my other class told me they'll ALL be there. HOW AWESOME IS THAT?

On the downside, I'm now going to stay awake for 28 hours with 33 energetic 17 and 18 year olds. I'm going to feel so tired by the end of Wednesday!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Heh, Starbucks is my night gig Monday through Thursday, but now I have a legit 9-5 job!!! Time to put up a Spurs poster in my work area.
    Dam, you get a window? That's like executive level these days!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Dam, you get a window? That's like executive level these days!
    You're overlooking the fact that I have my own printer!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just found out I get to keep my lawl scholarship despite being gone for a year. (I was on a med leave of absence for the past year.) Awh yiss.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Exercise clothes bought (well...almost- heading out to get the last of it now). Scale bought (no, I didn't own one before). Membership to wanna-be gym bought (exercise room at my apartment...close enough and cheaper). Ok, I'm ready. I am going to lose this damn weight. I'm sick of being fat. I've got a LOT to lose (over a hundred pounds) but I'm going to do it. For reals. I'm 30 now, I'm getting too old to be carrying around this much fat. I'm a heart attack or a stroke waiting to happen. And I'm tired of looking and feeling this way. It'll take awhile, certainly, and I'm easing into the diet part, but I'll get there. No going back this time. And it feels good. Really good.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    It's a hard road, but a worthwhile one!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I just looked at my post from The Drunk Tank and I have no idea why I said, "Fuck the Future!!" But it made me smile.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    So, my roommates gave me the name Hamster Branson. No reason why, they're random like that. I don't even have a hamster. So there's that.

Anyway, for my birthday, they got me a hamster feeder bottle filled with cherry moonshine, along with the rest of the jar of moonshine-soaked cherries. Needless to say, that was a good ass night.

Now today, our friend from the neighboring building brought me $50 in beer bucks for the brewery down the street (she works there, snatched them when no one else was looking). I'm pretty sure I know where I'll be after finals!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love the fuck out of my new job. Been there for two months now, and it is just so interesting and challenging and beats the hell out of bagging people's groceries. Definitely never thought I'd be working in a psychiatric hospital when I graduated college, but right now I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather work.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    My work nickname is Creedence. Before it was CC Rider, then CCR, now Creedence.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    I finally figured out how to connect this damn Xbox! *runs off to play "Red Dead Redemption."*

Edit: Ha! After all that I was bored in five minutes.

Oh, well. At least I know now that I don't like video games. I was seriously tempted to buy a PS3 a few months back, but I still wasn't entirely sure that I liked games. Now I know. Glad I didn't end up buying one. Heh.
    This is belated, but WTF NO YOU DON'T KNOW AFTER 5 MINUTES OF ONE GAME.

There are a ton of great games that I'd imagine are vastly different from the experience of playing that. Like Skyrim or Mass Effect 2 (!!!!!) or Heavy Rain or L.A. Noir or etc etc

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Seriously, Mass Effect 2 rocked my block. I just finished it (but I'll keep exploring for a while yet).

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Now you should play it as a renegade!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    It's about to get awkward and snarky on this ship!!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    after 8 stagnant years making peanuts, i had a very positive interview today. feeling extremely confident. here's hoping i can bump up the OUTBURSTS OF JOY thread in a few days!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    This kid knows what's up.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Aderall feeling exactly like molly...
    I legit feel like im rolling except while reading Salman Rushdie in an absurdly short amount of time? (I wont finish but w/e) Fuck procrastination but this feels awesome....

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    My friend gave me a free ticket to last nights bkachawks playoff game and they won 5 to 1. Had a fantastic time, and now can see how people get so into sports!!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I was just confirmed as a participant in a relay team in the Vermont City Marathon this coming memorial day weekend. The hospital has med students who have relay teams that leave slots for cancer patients like me who can walk a 3 mile leg if they want. I am so happy about this as in thought for sure I was just going to be a spectator this year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Baking.

Apparently the caramel shortbread I made today was so good my cat pretended to knock his toy onto the plate where I had one just so he could eat some.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I have the next 2-3 days off, and I worked 8hrs of overtime tonight, plus 2.5hrs of double time! (day 6 in a week is overtime until 8hrs, then double after that, day 7 is double all day)

Tomorrow I'm going for coffee and karaoke with my ex whom I'm still friends with, and next Saturday a friend of mine who moved away 5 years ago is coming back to town for a few days! EVERYTHING'S comin' up Milhouse!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Spring is here. Hot tub, pool, hookah, smoothies. Can't wait for finals to be over with next week.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    visited my mom for mothers day and she finally seems to be doing better mentally and physically (she was bedridden from a bought of severe pnemonia that has been in her system since around thanksgiving, along with depression and anxiety issues from trying to quit smoking) She is eating again now that she is finally off the antibiotics and with a few more hearty meals she may gain enough to be over 100lbs again which would be good because she still looks more like a skeleton than my mom.
    We made cookies, planted some flowers in the garden, organized all her medications and went to the store to get her some new nicotine patches. Its great to see her finally start to take care of herself although she still has a long way to go, all in all it was a good mothers day which is exactly what she needed

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    This is belated, but WTF NO YOU DON'T KNOW AFTER 5 MINUTES OF ONE GAME.

There are a ton of great games that I'd imagine are vastly different from the experience of playing that. Like Skyrim or Mass Effect 2 (!!!!!) or Heavy Rain or L.A. Noir or etc etc
    Meh. It's not like I've never played video games before; I played them a lot in my younger years. I've been messing around with quite a few and nothing has grabbed me. I might still play a bit more in "Red Dead." Too bad I don't have a PS3, because "Heavy Rain" and "Uncharted" were both games that I wanted to try.

But yes, I agree that, generally speaking, you can't write anything off without trying it. One of these days while I still have it I'll have to try to delve into something a little deeper. I was thinking about getting Gamefly for a month and trying a game I don't have, like "Dead Island" or maybe "Mass Effect."

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    My buddy called today and told me he was buying me tickets to Soundset and is gonna even pick me up for the show for my B_day present. Looks like i may have all the stuff i need to appeal the hold on my financial aid, so just maybe ill be able to go back in the fall or spring semester depending on moneys. And the pretty lady did a good job cutting my hair. All in all not a bad day.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    my nin-love has finally rubbed off on my husband after 7 years of being together. before he'd wince every time i put it on but now he'll do it on his own accord. awesome.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I found a new place to live today and the bonus: my daughter loves it

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I love this video about friendship so much.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I accidentally read the title of this thread as "little titties cheer you up".

They certainly do... they most certainly do.
    Last edited by hobochic; 05-15-2013 at 06:50 PM. Reason: titties