Page 179 of 181 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,370 of 5427

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I dunno why this is making my laugh, but it is and I love it

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTR9ASNdK/

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    so in what has basically been my third hospital trip this month alone, they finally did an exhaustive series of panels to try to figure out what the hell is wrong with me; why are my potassium and folic acid levels all fucked up, especially cuz I'm taking these potassium supplements now and eating bananas like an idiot. Weirdest thing is, not a SINGLE doctor I've talked to has even heard of this Kratom stuff. They've had to google around about it, and they all looked shocked and say things like "I can't believe this is legal, how did you hear about this?! Nobody should be putting this in their body at all, and you were doing it regularly for months?!!!!!"

I'm pretty sure it's because of that regular kratom use, and how it eventually killed my appetite and I would go for like a week without eating ANYTHING. Like, I had to force myself to eat a spoonful of yogurt, and that felt like an ordeal. Semi-hard food tasted like I was eating cardboard and swallowing it made me gag.

I was a bit concerned, especially when I saw that my urine had gone a dark amber color and had flashes of blood in it. So i became a little concerned.... Have I blown out my kidneys? Do I have cirrhosis of the liver? Is my pancreas fucked from all those years of drinking that are catching up to me now? Well, they ran all those panels, and guess what? My liver is inflamed and clearly damaged, but not beyond repair at all. My kidneys aren't in top working order but if I just leave them alone I'll be ok. And my pancreas seems fine.

So I guess what happened was that finally I reached a breaking point with that Kratom stuff and I just crashed, and it smashed up my liver and kidneys. The blood in my urine is presumably because I landed on one of my kidneys when I collapsed, but there's nothing permanent.

Which is great.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Carved turnips today... we're ready for another year.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Been a long time since I shared a life update on ETS.

So, a month ago I was hired as a computer teacher for elementary schools. It's been highly demanding and exhausting so far, but... every time a student tells me that they enjoyed the class, or they gift me a drawing, or even hug me out of nowhere... theer are little things that cheer me up, all right. I'll be sharing more of these moments as they happen.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I put this in the "piss you off" thread, for continuity, but i'm elated, so I'm putting it here, too: my wife MIGHT live!
    It's not that she's getting better: rather, they finally had the goddamn sense to.start tube feeding before she starved.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

apropos of nothing, I'm sure.

edit:

I laughed a little too hard at that one.
    Last edited by allegate; 11-16-2022 at 06:33 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    SO. Mrs. Eleven, aka SheapJynx, is HOME, after 4 consecutive hospital visits, with the fourth lasting WEEKS.
    It was also the one wherein they told us she was gonna come home with a feeding tube in her stomach, or die.

She already had an NG tube, which is the Up The Nose and Into the Stomach kind, and IVs in both arms, but she would not give up. She was walking around the HOSPITAL with all that Clive Barker style gear, just like "no, hmm mm, fuck THIS bullshit."

She has to eat pureed food, now; we started with baby food, but then, remembered we had an unopened Ninja Blender, somewhere around here. So she can blend soops, or froot and fat free ice cream, etc, and make fine drinks.

But, she's alive. They told me that might not happen...the alive bit, i mean.

I am so fucking happy. I might have already said this, somewhere, here, but i can't remember.

I'm just fucking...yeah. I'm jubilant.
    And she's already getting stronger!
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-22-2022 at 01:38 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @elevenism - That’s good news!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @Jinsai I'm sorry about the Kratom issue experience, but, thank Bog, you're all good.

I had a similar experience in the 2000s, with suboxone: no one at the hospital knew or understood what the fuck it was, and then, yeah...not only wouldn't they help, they were ULTRA judgemental and mean. Lots of googling involved.

This dumb bitch nurse SOMEHOW didn't seem to remember that we'd fucking WORKED together for about a year, not long before.

I was sick as fuck and not aware of the withdrawal potential.

They kept insisting I was HOMELESS, and that there WAS no company called "Industrial Toolbox."

My sub doctor was at a place in Oak Cliff (ruff part of Dallas) called Homeward Bound, and they thought it was fucking HOMELESS shelter, and this was back when that shit was $8 a dose, so I bought what I COULD, each week, after.rent and food and such: I was in pure commissioned sales at the time, but it was mostly materials for building homes, and, we all remember '08.

So my bottle said 7 on it, instead of thirty, and they repeatedly told me to 'go back to the homeless shelter; we're not giving you your "fix." For the record, I still had a fairly dope apartment.
    I'd been on the shit for two fucking YEARS.

That stupid bitch ass nurse...oh, lord. I still dream about that shit, and it was in '08.

But, again: fuck yeah.
    Good panel, good news.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    TODAY, we celebrate the life of Chris Columbus.

Born in 1958, a young Columbus arrived on The Mayflower, and gave a Turkey, and smallpox, and a Yam, to one of the final 10k extant Native Americans.

He went on to write Gremlins, Goonies, and Adventures in Babysitting.
    Then, he directed both Home Alone, and Home Alone 2!

So, when you eat your Turkey and Yam today, remember The Reason for the Season.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)

HOLY SHIT.
    Old 97s; PROBABLY my favorite band OAT, AND, a couple of my best friends of like 30 years, are now MCU canon...under alien makeup, of course, but STILL!

Goddamnit this is life affirming, y'all.!

Edit: ok, I drastically shortened it. Didn't mean to post about it in two threads, but it IS what I was watching, AND, cheered me up, momentarily
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-04-2022 at 04:23 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    An English Toffee cappuccino. Motivation has increased, for at least another hour.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

I love these glasses so much. I feel even more like myself with them. surprising that eyewear is giving me some gender euphoria!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

My beloved partner bought me this as a birthday present...

G1 Soundwave and Buzzsaw in the box.

Never had any of the full-sized Transformers growing up, only the mini's.

Yeah, this feels nice.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post

My beloved partner bought me this as a birthday present...

G1 Soundwave and Buzzsaw in the box.

Never had any of the full-sized Transformers growing up, only the mini's.

Yeah, this feels nice.
    Nice. I'm a G1 TF fanatic myself, pretty proud of the collection i've been able to put together as an adult with disposable income.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    My wife just made a surprise turkey dinner (that SHE'LL have to cut up in little tiny pieces to eat, but that she also knows is my absolute favorite food).
    I KNEW I smelled something; she claimed to not know what it was.

It wasn't long ago that the doc was telling me she might not make it, and THEN, that she'd make it, but would need a feeding tube.
    And now this.

Goddamn. That's about a damn lifetime's worth of xmas present for me.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

We celebrate solstices and equinoxes here with the making and consuming of waffles.

From the golden buttery peaks of summertime to the delicious darkest syurp-y depths of winter… Waffles.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Working on the music for a movie. This scene calls for ominous tension. Haven't done this sorta thing in a while, but I think it's sounding sufficiently spooky.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The new computer is almost done! Just the video card to go! It's been sitting for a year and a half without vc stock.

So yay!

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Spending the first Christmas with my girlfriend and getting today’s Wordle in ONE guess!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    First Xmas with girlfriend. First guess on Wordle. Time to strut.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    First time I logged back on to the forums since forever ago. In a happy new relationship. Traveling soon. And slowly about to get my dream career started. Things are looking up high on my end. Hoping y'all have a safe and happy new year.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Not so much “cheerful” but I’m not going to be crass by putting it in the rip thread

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Ordered a new computer... part of it is that this machine is very much telling me is needs a long nap and the other part is that we're in a position to actually buy a new machine that will keep us going for 5-10years.

Yeah, another Apple beasty but for what I like to do, they are just perfect.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

my new album is out today! only 5 tapes left!!!

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    My girlfriend moved in today!

Moving is stressful and all but we are now relaxing with the cat.