Page 158 of 181 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,740 of 5427

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    My cat Agent Cooper plays fetch. Idk if I've already told y'all this.
    He's a Russian Blue, and he's about three, and ever since he was big enough to jump on and off of the bed, he's played fetch with cat toys.
    He'll bring you the toy, just like a dog. Then you throw it, and he dives and goes to get it, even if you throw it out the door, and rushes to bring it back.

Also, he comes running and jumps in the bed with plastic grocery sacks and sets them in front of us, when we're watching tv. We're still not sure what he expects us to do with those.

All of this sure brightens my day.
    we have one of those. I was describing him to someone the other day and they asked if maybe we have an incognito chihuahua because it sounds like a dog. He eats disgusting things - slugs for one - and he plays fetch. he's an idiot.

the grocery bags though...that reminds me of Jeff VanderMeer's cat. His twitter is full of pictures though and I cannot find the one I'm thinking of but his cat likes to play in the reusable bags - so much so that they have a tiny forest in their house made up of those bags. The cat likes to run and jump in them to slide around if I'm remembering correctly.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Damn, this hits deep.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    the annual ETS april fools day tradition

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I wore a Christmas jacket and Santa hat today for April Fool's. The number of people who didn't even look at me twice was astounding, like this was something they see every day. Should have gone full monty and wore the pants as well I guess.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    They just finally really let Sheap order her liver treatment from the pharmacy, YAY!

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    As soon as I started watching I knew this would end with an “AHHHH”

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    My partner has an appointment for their first shot on 4/15. The UK has an 8-12 week delay for the second.

Now that our sweet kitty has passed, maybe instead of me going there, they can come here. Not sure how that works though. I know the presidential proclamation is in effect, but up on reading it, I think they could be granted entry?

(a) Section 1 of this proclamation shall not apply to:
    (iii) any noncitizen who is the spouse of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident;

I don't even know how all of that works yet. Guess I have 3 months to figure it out.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    You know, over the years I’d only ever known the one song that everyone knows by Scatman John (and the other big hit, Scatman’s World, the one that could easily be the music for a level in a Mario game).

Having recently watched some interviews with him, how he used music to help overcome his stuttering and help others, how he rose to fame in his 50s only to die a few years later in 1999 of lung cancer.

Anyway, I watched/listened to this one today and it nearly brought me to tears. What a wonderful human being he was. What a positive song we need for right now, too:

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I got to spend time with my parents for the first time in over 13 months this weekend, thanks to all of us being fully vaccinated. We've never gone that long without seeing each other.
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 04-04-2021 at 08:44 AM. Reason: brain fart

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I got to spend time with my parents for the first time in over 13 months today, thanks to all of us being fully vaccinated. We've never gone that long without seeing each other.
    Damn. Ha. I'm SUCH a mama's boy, that, yeah, that would be a HUGE deal for me. I'm glad it's over.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I woke the cats up...lol

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm finally starting to see some of my drawings get some real attention, my first drawing to hit 1000 likes and still climbing. I know likes aren't everything but it's nice that they have been steadily getting more and more attention after posting almost everyday for 2 years now (and i'm clearly improving, i'm looking at stuff from a few months ago and see how much i've improved) so that's nice

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    @Haysey_Draws That's exciting!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    @Haysey_Draws That's exciting!
    I think a lot of it has been because the internet is thirsty for certain characters and i've just managed to tap into one of them, pretty sure whatever fanart i do next will be of someone only i like and nobody will like it lol

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post
    I think a lot of it has been because the internet is thirsty for certain characters and i've just managed to tap into one of them, pretty sure whatever fanart i do next will be of someone only i like and nobody will like it lol
    you're also extremely talented, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    you're also extremely talented, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Thank you Unfortunately that's not how the internet works most of the time, we're at the mercy of the algorithms!

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post
    Thank you Unfortunately that's not how the internet works most of the time, we're at the mercy of the algorithms!
    Damn Al Gore and his rhythms.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Alex Kidd redux!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

got all gussied up for my last day at treatment and every single person​ i saw complimented my outfit. it was awesome and so validating.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I had my first moderna shot two weeks ago, and theoretically I should be at 80% immunity (per some of the research). My mother has been fully vaccinated for a month now, so today she is going to the grocery store for the first time in over a year. She's pretty happy about that, so that makes me happy.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I mean, you're going to have a pizza at your house faster than you're going to have a cop at your house so the choice at that point becomes which pie you want delivered.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I mean, you're going to have a pizza at your house faster than you're going to have a cop at your house so the choice at that point becomes which pie you want delivered.
    also the pizza delivery driver isn't going to victim blame you, they're probably gonna give you a discount when you tell them what happened and instead you're gonna give them a big tip because of their sympathy and then they're gonna credit you for a free pizza

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Watch this all the way through the end.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Hey, that woman helped her learn how to parallel park. She obviously needed the lesson.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    the Internet has taught me that they were all in on it.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I just don't parallel park at all. lmao. I'm happy to walk the extra mile or two.